Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Jun 27, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #181 of 1,152
ktosiek, a quick search around the Internet reveals the culprit to be the lag from audio encoding/decoding. I'm not sure I believe this. I just tested here with a large file in VLC and with Youtube and the sync is perfect (on an MBP, Mac OS 10.11.5). I have AAC on.

Even with an AirPlay speaker I can achieve perfect sync many times (the lag with a wi-fi speaker should be more easy to trigger).

I think the OS is responsible for syncing audio. It could be that when it's out of sync there, the OS didn't start buffering (enough) before playing. Try listening to music for 5mins, then pause the music and immediately play a movie. Jump to a scene with dialog and check how's the sync.

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #182 of 1,152

The latency does seem to change - sometimes it's almost perfect, sometimes quite noticable. At some point the sound seemed a bit early, but usually is delayed. I will give it some more testing time and maybe try a different pair. Out of curiosity, when your headphones were manufactured? Mine are from 26.05.2016 according to the Bose app. I updated to 1.05 firmware but it made no difference.

Jun 28, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #185 of 1,152
Hi, purchased the QC35 yesterday to replace my QC25. 

While the sound stage is improved and low end more noticeable I think I may have a defective pair :frowning2: When playing Massive Attack Angel and moderate volume I get a horrid rattle that sounds like a blown speaker. Can anyone else try. Only just noticed it on this song after 6 hours of use so far.

Thanks.

Jun 28, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #186 of 1,152

While the sound stage is improved and low end more noticeable I think I may have a defective pair :frowning2: When playing Massive Attack Angel and moderate volume I get a horrid rattle that sounds like a blown speaker. Can anyone else try. Only just noticed it on this song after 6 hours of use so far.

Thanks.

Just listening to this right now (on full volume). It's crispy clear :p . The only way to make the headphones rattle is if the headphones are not fully sealed around my ears. Like leaving an air gap.

Jun 28, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #187 of 1,152
  You can download the dmg in https://developer.apple.com/download/more/?name=for%20Xcode
It is called Hardware IO Tools for Xcode 7.3 (current version). Mounting that image will reveal BT Explorer. You open the app (which doesn't feature an UI after run)

Then you should go to Tools->Audio Options and see the option to turn the AAC on. (screenshot below in imgur as I'm a noob and not allowed to attach images yet :p)
http://imgur.com/viyruja

After that, disconnect your headphones and reconnect. AAC should be available from now on. Haven't tried a reboot though, but I'm assuming it's a config that will stay

Any idea how to get El Capitan to retain those settings? Mine seems to reset if the connection times out or the headphones get turned off etc.

Thanks for snooping on this though!

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #188 of 1,152

Thanks.

I tried it on mine (from Spotify) and it also seems a bit distorted and rattling. It's very demanding bass though - is it clear on any device/speaker?

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #190 of 1,152
Hi,
This week i purchased this great headset, but i have 1 problem.
I paired them with 5 different devices with no problem : iPad air 2, iPhone 6, Meizu M2 note, Galaxy S7 edge and cheap Huawei.
I tried connect them to my Meizu M3 note and the bluetooth is not stable with a lot of stutterings.
Its very strange that its fluent with my previous M2 note, but not with the M3.
I did everything : hard reset, instaling the latest version etc...
I know for sure the problem is not with my headset because i checked 5 different devices including Android & IOS. Also, the phone is ok with other bluetooth devices.
Any one has any idea how to solve this ? Anyone experience any bluetooth problems with this device?
Thanks for your help

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #191 of 1,152

Thanks.

It might be this problem: http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/21/11975496/bose-qc-35-bluetooth-wireless-headphones-quietcomfort-flawed

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #193 of 1,152

Thanks.

Just tried on mine. Flac version and no rattling... Did not went through any particular burn-in: just been using them on a daily basis since I bought them around a week and a half ago.
Sounds great over here. You night have a defective pair indeed.

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #194 of 1,152
tinners2000 have you updated the firmware? I've seen more reports about rattling bass. It could be an issue with DSP, so a firmware update might fix it. You can use the mobile app to see which version you're running and download a new one if available. Latest is 1.05

Jun 29, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #195 of 1,152
Now one thing I'd love to have as an option: the ability to decide what kind of voice prompts I get. Extremely annoying to hear the voice spell the names of the devices each time it establishes or loses that connection. Grrrrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back