Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Sep 20, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #1,038 of 1,152
Which blows my mind.
5.0 is not some kind of alien technology that everyone will have to redesign their products around.
Hmm, let's see, I have a 4.2 chip and a 5.0 chip that has more then twice the distance and is much more efficient.

You know what? screw em, let's stay with 4.2!

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #1,039 of 1,152
I mean i have no idea what is the value of adding a key just for google assistant when i think it is more important to add the same key to turn on/off the ANC! let aside upgrading to bluetooth 5.0, does it even make any sense that these headphones don't have AptX nor a physical way to turn off ANC?!

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #1,041 of 1,152
I picked up the QC35s and Sennheiser PXC550s. I decided to stick with the PXC550. Better audio quality and bigger ear cups, although the Bose were super comfortable. I would take a look at the Sennheisers if you haven't already.
I already did, and i am not satisfied, for the first time i feel that sennheiser made an unfinished project, the PXC550, though reading the specs and features made it look so promising for me but once i put my hand on it: 1st of all i have no idea whoever designed it what actually was thinking about when choosing the band size and cups size, i have average size head and ears and it barely fits my ears and i have to spread the band to its maximum size, 2nd the sound quality: without the fx it sounds so so so bad and with the fx it sounds so synthetic and unrealistics like pair of cheap computer speakers with cheap subwoofer and it is not load which means i have to kick it up to 90% which means i have to charge it every other day and there is absolutely no way to reach the 20hrs claimed, let aside that the app it self is not good, there is bugs in the headphone firmware, e.g. the 5th led keeps flashing even though it is fully charged, 3rd design flaw: so who ever designed this decided to put an on/off key in the cup which is a good intuitive design but how on earth can you turn it off if you want to leave it on headphone holder to expand the band a little... one word to describe the PXC550; its a pilot project.

Sep 21, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #1,042 of 1,152
Which blows my mind.
5.0 is not some kind of alien technology that everyone will have to redesign their products around.
Hmm, let's see, I have a 4.2 chip and a 5.0 chip that has more then twice the distance and is much more efficient.

You know what? screw em, let's stay with 4.2!

They don't support AAC either, do they? Aren't they regular SBC-only for some awkward reason? There isn't huge benefits from going bluetooth 5.0 though, as it doesn't really make any difference in terms of audio bandwidth or codecs. You get better multi-device handling, but that's something Bose has managed to do perfectly with the QC35 already. Much better than any other wireless headphones currently available, only rivalled by Apple W1-equipped devices used with Apple devices.

Sep 21, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #1,043 of 1,152
They don't support AAC either, do they? Aren't they regular SBC-only for some awkward reason? There isn't huge benefits from going bluetooth 5.0 though, as it doesn't really make any difference in terms of audio bandwidth or codecs. You get better multi-device handling, but that's something Bose has managed to do perfectly with the QC35 already. Much better than any other wireless headphones currently available, only rivalled by Apple W1-equipped devices used with Apple devices.
Let's hope that the new updated version at least has AptX and may be, hopefully a key to turn off and on ANC...

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #1,044 of 1,152
So the new model was released today and it is retailed for 349$, the new key is named action key and it can select between 3 different ANC levels or used to launch google assistant... no mention about AptX but i suppose it doesn't support it...

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #1,045 of 1,152
So the new model was released today and it is retailed for 349$, the new key is named action key and it can select between 3 different ANC levels or used to launch google assistant... no mention about AptX but i suppose it doesn't support it...

Looked at the site and the only thing I can see different is the google assist/ANC toggle. Kind of disappointing if that is the only change.

Sep 22, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #1,048 of 1,152
There is lots of differences in sound quality between MDR-1000X and QC35 so it is not only AptX but years ago i used to have a bluetooth headset that had an option to choose which codec you want and i can notice a huge difference between SBC and AptX

Sep 22, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #1,049 of 1,152
How much of an impact does aptX have on sound quality? Is it a significant advantage for the Sony MDR-1000X (which do support it)?
I would say drivers make a bigger difference than codec, but have LDAC and aptX support is better than not having it. Your biggest factor is still inherent sound signature rather than codec support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back