Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Nov 21, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #1,068 of 1,152
For home use, unless you don’t prioritize SQ, no on Bose.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #1,070 of 1,152
Dec 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #1,071 of 1,152
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a wireless NC headphone for my father and i'm not sure if I should get the QC 35 II or the 1000XM2 from Sony.
As far as I know, the bose QC 35 II and the Sony 1000XM2 are the best headphones available.
If there are others great wireless NC headphones, please let me know.
I definitely want a wireless NC headphone since he travels a lot.
It seems the general consensus is that the Bose QC 35 II is more comfortable and has better ANC than the 1000xm2 whereas Sony's 1000xm2 has better sound and nice features.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #1,072 of 1,152
hiya,
i only just got mine and its the sony. actually reviews are quite divided on the matter of nc and sq. i cannot confirm much either way as i still struggle to get aptx on my win7. still a few thoughts: 1. the sony seems comfortable, ive worn it for about 5 straight hours (big head 8); 2. if your dad uses an aptx capable source (or sonys own ldac), id go for the sony; 3. on a temporary win install i managed to get aptx to work and the sony sounded bassy for my taste, id have to get the mobile app to do something about it probably.
happy headphone hunting,
g

Dec 14, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #1,073 of 1,152
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a wireless NC headphone for my father and i'm not sure if I should get the QC 35 II or the 1000XM2 from Sony.
As far as I know, the bose QC 35 II and the Sony 1000XM2 are the best headphones available.
If there are others great wireless NC headphones, please let me know.
I definitely want a wireless NC headphone since he travels a lot.
It seems the general consensus is that the Bose QC 35 II is more comfortable and has better ANC than the 1000xm2 whereas Sony's 1000xm2 has better sound and nice features.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks
I have both and I give a slight edge in both sound quality and features to the Sony. Bose has come a long way with it's sound quality but the Sony still sounds better to my ears. I like the fact that the Sony's has a adjustable EQ to tailor the sound how you want it. Bose uses DSPto control the sound and is somewhat limited at higher volumes. ANC they are both top notch. But Sony wins again here with it's Personal Noise Cancelling Optimizing and Atmospheric Pressure Optimizing features. Bose just gives you 3 options: high, low, and off. Comfort wise, they feel the same to me. Sony has a slightly tighter clamp but it helps with the seal and sound. Both are winners to me but if I had to pick one I'm going with the one that sounds the best, with great ANC and features to boot. My choice go to the Sony's for now.

Dec 14, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #1,074 of 1,152
Ok, i might go for the sony's then, it would be stupid to go for the QC 35 II if the sony's beats it when it comes to sound, features and is as comfortable.
I forgot to ask you about the cracking issue on the sony ?
Some people complained about that.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dec 14, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #1,075 of 1,152
Ok, i might go for the sony's then, it would be stupid to go for the QC 35 II if the sony's beats it when it comes to sound, features and is as comfortable.

The Sony's are as comfortable as the QC35II IMO.

Dec 14, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #1,076 of 1,152

I haven't experienced any creaking or cracking yet nor am I looking for it on the Sony's. I just grab them and put them on my head and enjoy them. They are metal and plastic. So some squeakiness is to be expected. I'll see over time if cracking develops. But so far I like the build quality of both headphones.

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:01 AM Post #1,077 of 1,152

i think you refer to the cracking of the headband which was a common issue with wh-1000x. afaik except for a few added features this is that is supposedly improved in the later model, hence m2.

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #1,078 of 1,152
I already did, and i am not satisfied, for the first time i feel that sennheiser made an unfinished project, the PXC550, though reading the specs and features made it look so promising for me but once i put my hand on it: 1st of all i have no idea whoever designed it what actually was thinking about when choosing the band size and cups size, i have average size head and ears and it barely fits my ears and i have to spread the band to its maximum size, 2nd the sound quality: without the fx it sounds so so so bad and with the fx it sounds so synthetic and unrealistics like pair of cheap computer speakers with cheap subwoofer and it is not load which means i have to kick it up to 90% which means i have to charge it every other day and there is absolutely no way to reach the 20hrs claimed, let aside that the app it self is not good, there is bugs in the headphone firmware, e.g. the 5th led keeps flashing even though it is fully charged, 3rd design flaw: so who ever designed this decided to put an on/off key in the cup which is a good intuitive design but how on earth can you turn it off if you want to leave it on headphone holder to expand the band a little... one word to describe the PXC550; its a pilot project.
Agreed. Returning mine today for QC35 or will just use my ATH-M50X or 598’s until with wireless standards are better.

Dec 16, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #1,079 of 1,152
I'd like to let you know that I went to a store this morning and I tried the Bose QC35 II and the Sony 1000XM2.
To me, the Sony's had better noise cancelling, is really comfortable and its features are really great whereas the Bose's was also comfortable but didn't sound as good and doesn't have Sony's features.
I ended up buying the Sony's for 375 euros and I think my father is gonna love it.
Thanks again for your advice guys :)

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #1,080 of 1,152
I'd like to let you know that I went to a store this morning and I tried the Bose QC35 II and the Sony 1000XM2.
To me, the Sony's had better noise cancelling, is really comfortable and its features are really great whereas the Bose's was also comfortable but didn't sound as good and doesn't have Sony's features.
I ended up buying the Sony's for 375 euros and I think my father is gonna love it.
Thanks again for your advice guys :)
I returned my Sennheiser 550 because I want the QC35. I read InnerFidity says the treble on these are bad, like crunching cellophane. Is this accurate. I’ve heard Bose has come a long way and improved their sound signature the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back