Bose QC15 vs Audio Technica ATH M50
Mar 7, 2011 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DrHouse

100+ Head-Fier
I currently have Bose QC15 and I'm not gonna lie, I do quite enjoy the sound. Its warm and detailed. BUT I am aware of the colouring in the sound, and I don't think there is enough impact to the sound, just from bass. As I'm looking to get M50s, what should I expect in differences in the sound? Bass comparison? Please be as detailed as possible.

I know its tempting but please no anti Bose comments either.

Mar 8, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 5
It's been a long time since I last heard some QC cans but if you're looking for a headphone with a pronounced lack of coloring, the M50's are a good bet.  They're not perfect, of course, but they are a very consistent-sounding headphone in just about every way.  And from what I remember of the Bose QC sound, they should get you where you need to be.  Bass is copious and very solid.  Mids are clean.  Treble is a little on the metallic side but after break-in becomes very even, too. 

Mar 9, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks irishsammy. Considering the un colored and analytical sound, can the sound still be considered 'enjoyable'? I'm mainly using this through a fiio e7 and mainly for music, so a pleasant sound is important. And how is soundstage/comfort/isolation on the M50s?

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 5
I wouldn't look much for soundstage in m50s.  they are closed cans after all. the clamping force is strong initially but you will get used to it.  the headphone's isolation is superb.  you won't hear a thing but the music.

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Looks like Noggle's got it right.  Soundstage is respectable but nothing to write home about and they isolate extremely well.  (I use mine for traveling and they even shut out airplane engine noise to an extent.)  I'd say the M50's are enjoyable but only insofar as they're very accurate.  If you're looking for a "fun" sound overall, they're probably not the best but they're a very high-quality headphone that sounds very good all the way around so that is to be enjoyed. 
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back