Bose QC15 'fart' noises??
Feb 21, 2011 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

DrHouse

100+ Head-Fier
a weird Bose QC15 thing, I've only noticed it with these headphones...
So i was listening to Mt Eden Dubstep which has a strong Bass line.
Upon slightly lifting 1 of the earcups to talk with someone, that earcup started to make fart like distortion noises when bass kicked in. Weird?
Anyone know why this happens? Noticable with low end sound. just lift the earcups slightly off your ear and you should hear it too.
Maybe to do with seal?  

Feb 21, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 14
I'd imagine it's the driver distorting due to the lack of seal when you take the cup away from your ear.  If you're listening fairly loud you could be at the cusp of the drivers ability and when you take that pressure away from it, it moves too far and distorts.  It might also be the noise cancellation getting confused and hearing itself. 

Feb 22, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
I'd imagine it's the driver distorting due to the lack of seal when you take the cup away from your ear.  If you're listening fairly loud you could be at the cusp of the drivers ability and when you take that pressure away from it, it moves too far and distorts.  It might also be the noise cancellation getting confused and hearing itself. 

Yeah probably. They sound fine with the on normally, so the noise cancelling feature is probably why. I guess breaking the seal breaks everything....

Mar 26, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 14
You can try a Bose Mod. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #8 of 14
In terms of NC, you can't beat Bose (well Sony has the NC500D now...).
Your phones may be trying to cancel the music playing through themselves. If this persists with other music than you should have it checked out.

Mar 26, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
In terms of NC, you can't beat Bose (well Sony has the NC500D now...).
Your phones may be trying to cancel the music playing through themselves. If this persists with other music than you should have it checked out.

Actually, you can. Get a pair of IEMs in the $50-$300 price range. They block more noise and sound better too.

Mar 27, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #11 of 14
i was gonna get this, but thet seem really easy to break and have a pretty bad warranty... not including their price... i would get them if they had vmoda and skullcandy's warranty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back