Bose OE, recommended?
Dec 11, 2010 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DevanF

New Head-Fier
Looking for a headphone with good quality, some isolation, comfortable for extended use, and mobile. The Bose OE though may be a pretty corporate brand seem to be the way to go for me. Any thoughts? Maybe drawbacks on the cans?

Dec 11, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 9
The only Bose headphones worth looking at, IMO are the AEs. They have a bad reputation, sure, but the quality of the sound isn't that bad. The sound is all there, and the details are present, but is just really colored. Also, they're comfortable as hell, and prolonged use is not an issue at all.

The other models are truly not worth your time, in my opinion. 

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 9
If you believe it's the way to go for you, then go with your instinct and go with what you like.

Dec 11, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #6 of 9
Don't bother with Bose. I haven't heard a single pair that sounded good. You can find many others that perform well and are more reasonably priced. For an inexpensive good closed can, try the Sony MDR-V6. They're awfully good, isolate a bit, and travel well.

Sure, Bose takes a lot of hits here, but it isn't prejudice. I own headphones from seven or eight manufacturers. If Bose made something worth listening to, I'd buy it. Shame, since Bose likely has the resources to build world-class headphones. But they'd rather build cheap junk and reap the fat margin.

Dec 12, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #7 of 9
I listen to a lot of acoustic folk, indie rock, and surfer rock. But i'm not confined to one sound, I listen to most anything I find unique.
I use an iPhone 4 and Macbook pro 15 in. 
and price range is 150 - 200.

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #9 of 9
Ive only heard the Bose AE and OEs. They arent very accurate or flat, but there is something about the Bose sound signature that I find is actually very pleasant to listen to. If youre an anal audiophile then obviously Bose isnt for you, but if you just want something enjoyable to listen to and you can find it at a decent price then I would say go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back