BOSE IEM!!!!
Oct 8, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #76 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
It just irks me when ppl say BOSE is hi end..

Well, nobody here is calling BOSE high-end. I'm just being rational about the whole situation and not jumping on the riduclous anti-BOSE fanboy band wagon like nearly everybody else in this thread. I'll judge the IEMs when/if I hear them, and I'll reserve making any flamatory comments about company and its ethics, because I feel that's just tasteless. I wonder, is it possible to have at least one thread concerning a BOSE product without all of you guys jumping in and mutilating the thread into another anti-BOSE campaign? Give it a rest people.

I'd actually be somewhat surprised if these end up selling for over $200. Yes, people are willing to pay a lot for the BOSE name, but these are IEMs...people here (Who have already spend hundreds+ dollars on hifi equipment) still can't justify spending hundreds of dollars IEMs, so I have a hard time seeing how your average Joe won't laugh at the idea (Paying hundreds of dollars for full-size cans is reasonable, but to the average person paying that much money for little "earbuds" would probably be ridiculous).

Oct 8, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #78 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by bazmonkey
...No no, they go in your *ear*.

Wait...they go in the ear?!

...oops.
blink.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #79 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Wait...they go in the ear?!

...oops.
blink.gif

I made the same mistake
frown.gif

What's wrong with an open IEM? They look like a hybrid of the EX90 and the cheap Phillips buds.

Oct 8, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #80 of 88
hmm...I wonder how long until I see these on some late night infomercial being praised as the best in ear phones ever created.

Oct 8, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #81 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
have you though for a second that that thing might be a mic for noise cancelling instead of being an open iem?

That was my first thought, too. Something like the Philips HN060. My next thought was: I wonder how big the unpictured battery pack will be.

Oct 9, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #82 of 88
after seeing that pic im pretty certain these are open IEMs. THink about it, bose has convinced people that they have some sort of uber noise cancellation circuitry and if they release a pair of ear plugs with drivers in em it will make their QC3s look bad because it will make the noise cancellation stuff seem redundant.

My two predictions are:

1. These are open IEMs(or closed with active noise cancellation)
2. They will cost $199

Oct 9, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #83 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek
after seeing that pic im pretty certain these are open IEMs. THink about it, bose has convinced people that they have some sort of uber noise cancellation circuitry and if they release a pair of ear plugs with drivers in em it will make their QC3s look bad because it will make the noise cancellation stuff seem redundant.

My two predictions are:

1. These are open IEMs(or closed with active noise cancellation)
2. They will cost $199

People would still buy the QC2/3's because they'd be more comfortable and likely have better sound than the IEMs. The QC2/3's are transportable and the IEMs are portable. BOSE knows what it's doing as far as marketing is concerned, you can bet on it...

Oct 9, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #84 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by texasproglicious
hmm...I wonder how long until I see these on some late night infomercial being praised as the best in ear phones ever created.

I love those Bose infomercials. Great entertainment.

"I was amazed, all of the quality of my $4,000 Bose Lifestyle 48 Series III is such a tiny package"
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 9, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #85 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
People would still buy the QC2/3's because they'd be more comfortable and likely have better sound than the IEMs. The QC2/3's are transportable and the IEMs are portable. BOSE knows what it's doing as far as marketing is concerned, you can bet on it...

Yes but then how will they be able to say that the BIEMs are better than other IEMs? They have to tack the noise cancellation thingy on there to seperate themselves from the competition.

Oct 9, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #86 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek
Yes but then how will they be able to say that the BIEMs are better than other IEMs? They have to tack the noise cancellation thingy on there to seperate themselves from the competition.

1. People who buy BOSE products probably won't too aware of other IEMs

2. That there are other IEMs available doesn't matter because we're talking about the BOSE brand.

3. Just because you have a noise-cancellation IEM and a noise-cancellation headphone doesn't mean that the latter will suddenly have a huge drop in sales just because there's another product that also provides noise-cancellation. BOSE can just say that the QC2/3's offer superior sound quality compared to the IEMs and are more comfortable. BOSE doesn't even have to say this; it should be common sense to the consumers.

Oct 9, 2006 at 4:38 AM Post #87 of 88
The "open IEM" principle has been used for a while now in the Stax SR-001, and it works quite well there. Now, the Stax warrants it, being an electrostatic and all, but having an open back might give these things some sonic advantages.

I'm interested in seeing how they'll turn out. Not that I'd ever own a pair, but it would be cool to see Bose make something worthwhile. Well, maybe that's wishful thinking, but time alone will tell.

Oct 9, 2006 at 4:42 AM Post #88 of 88
I'll buy them if they're "reasonably priced"... why not, after all they're a trendy status symbol just like the iPod...

They're sure to be marketed to someone who wants to look trendy and have "bose quality" sound but not mess up their stylish haircut
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back