BOSE IEM!!!!
Oct 8, 2006 at 9:25 AM Post #62 of 88
Oooh, polemic, how exciting.

Personally I don't care in the slightest. Considering the design team and marketing celeries involved, I can't see them being value for money, but beyond that, who knows?

Meh.

Oct 8, 2006 at 9:37 AM Post #63 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan
bose_triport_ie.jpg

bose_triport_ie2.jpg

From Engadget:

Those Bose TriPort IE headphones we told you about along with the OEs? Well, we got some leaked pics for ya. They just look like your regular in-ear phones (pics of the attachments after the break), but they look as though they might be at least partly open -- which would be a good for fliers like us who often have inner-ear pressure problems with thpse sealed-up-tight sound-reducing earpieces. No word on price yet, but the IE and AE phones should go on sale the 12th.

ooh come on people. they look UGLY. UGGGGGLLLIIIIIEEEEEE. they make me want to get a pair of stock ibud. i don't care how good they might sound
this is probably the first time i find bose ugly. they always look(remember look, not touch, not sound) ok or better than ok. this time, ugly

Oct 8, 2006 at 9:45 AM Post #64 of 88
I think they look pretty cool. I like that little grill thing on the back (Though, as some have speculated, it might not be an actual grill).

Oct 8, 2006 at 11:06 AM Post #65 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
I would like to make my view of these heard.

I will judge these earphones on their sound. If they sound good, the excellent, if they sound superb, then superb. And personally I ho that they do sound good. I just hope that Bose does not price them so far aove their performace point (read: Triport, Shure E3) that they do not merit it.

I look forward to hearing these, if onyl because it will offer me personal perpective on how good/not overpriced my A8s are.

This is the right approach to take.

Unfortunately your opinions will be (and are being) smothered by the usual sea of "Bose and B&O suck LOLROFLMAO" comments.

Oct 8, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #68 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by YW_Slayer
This is the right approach to take.

Unfortunately your opinions will be (and are being) smothered by the usual sea of "Bose and B&O suck LOLROFLMAO" comments.

Name me one BOSE product that isn't vastly overpriced?? The sound is awful when you take into account the price.. I'm sure these IEM's will sell for 99.00 or more, with the sound quality & build of a 30.00 pair..

Oct 8, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #69 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh
Please just wait guys. It might be really good ones...

Who knows? Think about Sony, they make a lot of crap ones like V700, but they also make good ones like SA series, V6 and V900.

BOSE main purpose is to misinform the consumer & charge outrageous prices for average sounding audio.. The BOSE 1,2,3 systems cost like 100.00 to make, & BOSE charges over a grand for them..They don't spend their money on making better sound, it all goes to marketing!! Sorry..BOSE isn't a name I can trust..
No BOSE equpiment is good for the money..Even if the IEMS are good, it won't matter..The inflated prices will drove those to lower cost IEMS that sound better..

Oct 8, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #70 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
BOSE main purpose is to misinform the consumer & charge outrageous prices for average sounding audio.. The BOSE 1,2,3 systems cost like 100.00 to make, & BOSE charges over a grand for them..They don't spend their money on making better sound, it all goes to marketing!! Sorry..BOSE isn't a name I can trust..
No BOSE equpiment is good for the money..Even if the IEMS are good, it won't matter..The inflated prices will drove those to lower cost IEMS that sound better..

Sad, isn't it? I suspect that these "IEM's" will be around $150. Of course, they will be better than regular iBuds, because Bose probably doesn't want the masses to find out that these aren't really up to snuff.

Oct 8, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #72 of 88
Quote:

Bose IEM?

Bose In Enema Molestation.

XD

Oct 8, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #73 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by vYu223
Sad, isn't it? I suspect that these "IEM's" will be around $150. Of course, they will be better than regular iBuds, because Bose probably doesn't want the masses to find out that these aren't really up to snuff.

Yes..If BOSE actually priced them decently they might get semi positive reviews here..But knowing BOSE I'm sure they wil sell between 100.00-200.00.. It just irks me when ppl say BOSE is hi end..

Oct 8, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #74 of 88
I think you have these all wrong, that grill isn't open to the outside, there is a powerful rear-firing subwoofer behind it to provide the bloated flatulent bass that defines the Bose sound.

I'm just glad that finally a company who knows how to make a decent iem has stepped up. Now if they could just call them the iBose, life would be perfect!

Seriously though, I'd be interested to know if Bose has finally engineered something decent and reasonably priced. I doubt it but you never know.

Oct 8, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #75 of 88
I dislike Bose stuff as much as anybody can, but honestly....I'd like to hear these. I am pretty disappointed with most of the cheap IEM's out there and maybe Bose can be different enough in the right ways for me. Most single driver IEM's don't really have good bass impact or sufficient highs.

Having said that, it will probably sound like crap, and will very likely be overpriced (I think most IEM's are severely overpriced so Bose can't lose too much here)....but I will reserve some judgement until I hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back