BOSE IEM!!!!
Oct 8, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #46 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras
When did people start defending BOSE?

What have they ever done for you?

I tried out a pair of Triports at target, and they helped to remind me just how good my SR-60s really are.

Oct 8, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #47 of 88
To allow outside sound into the ear while wearing their IEMs, Bose puts a giant hole in it.

To allow outside sound into the ear while wearing their IEMs, Shure invents a push-to-hear device.

Oct 8, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #48 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
ps. what's so wrong with open iems? UE has a hybrid iem that would pretty much prevent you from getting run over by cars, i'm sure that's almost happened to iem users a couple of times

If i lived in the city i would be dead... i also think that my etys have MUCH more isolation than they need.

Cant say much about bose cause ive never seen or heard one. The worst value ive ever seen in headphones was probably $250 senn hd515s. That might be worse than bose!!!!

Oct 8, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #50 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Geez, guys! How can you bagging a product you haven't seen or heard? You seem like a bunch of idiots going on about these IEM's as if they are rubbish. How do you know they are open anyway? You can't assume anything about them.

It's called having a track record..All BOSE products cost to performance ratio is TERRIBLE.. You actually believe this will be different..Gez..
3000smile.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #51 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi
To allow outside sound into the ear while wearing their IEMs, Bose puts a giant hole in it.

To allow outside sound into the ear while wearing their IEMs, Shure invents a push-to-hear device.

And the best part is...they are probably gonna charge the same prices
tongue.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #52 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice
It's called having a track record..All BOSE products cost to performance ratio is TERRIBLE.. You actually believe this will be different..Gez..
3000smile.gif

Precisely what makes BOSE hatred existed in the first place. I have to admit that I was impressed with the SQ from Triports when I auditoned them but the price tag killed everything and I can get the same level of SQ from a modded 60Ohm KOSS
mad.gif

Oct 8, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #54 of 88
I dont like isolating IEMs I find them very dangerous when commuting. I need to hear things around me to a certain degree.

The MDR EX90 is semi-open and I like it.. so I don't see any reason why I wouldn't like another similar design.

Oct 8, 2006 at 7:41 AM Post #56 of 88
Just an idea: I'd imagine the big thing at the end to be, in fact, skinny; more for practical reasons, maybe it is used to easily insert and pull out the iem.

Oct 8, 2006 at 7:51 AM Post #58 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555
Terrific! So Bose is shifting their signature sound from "no high, no low" to "no high, no mid" now??

Maybe they just drilled a hole in the back of some Koss Plugs.

Oct 8, 2006 at 7:52 AM Post #59 of 88
Please just wait guys. It might be really good ones...

Who knows? Think about Sony, they make a lot of crap ones like V700, but they also make good ones like SA series, V6 and V900.

Oct 8, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #60 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFireArow
Well they may get it right this time, if they do us Head-fiers have won the fight and can go back to nursing our wallets. But they seem to be to busy trying to apply the word "Triport" to everything...

IMO, if these IEMs sound good and are in an affordable price range--maybe $100 and superior to an ER-6--then they might become popular around here. Imagine what could happen if these caught on; what would happen to Etymotic? It would test Head-Fiers' loyalty to our manufacturers. I suppose we might find out which speaks louder: absolute performance/price in a single product, or integrity and ethics throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back