Bose headphone displays are against hygiene health laws?
Feb 26, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #17 of 31
Why dont they make paper sheilds like the ones you use on the bathroom seat, with a hole in the middle to block your ears from touching the pads?
Shoot, maybe i should invent that and sell it to audio stores.
Oh well, ill just watch as all of you scramble to the patent office...lol
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #18 of 31
Bose aren't bad - it's just that there are better cans for the same price elsewhere. I like the QuietComfort noise canceling ones, but prefer the sound of my ATH-ES7's (which are actually cheaper). Bottom line, buy what you think sounds best - oh wait, you can't demo them
triportsad.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #19 of 31
most of the time the reason is bose own (and therefore should manage) the headphones that are on display in stores. i work in retail (only just got in the senn hd600's in...) and bose reps often come in and fiddle with the HTS displays, to make them "better" - often by boosting the base and using a demo that doesn't allow people to change settings.

sometimes i wish a sennheiser representative could come in and show bose a thing or two... sweet dreams are made of this...

Feb 26, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #20 of 31
Bose sucks, churros rule, use the search function, and why do sellers always edit out their prices after the sale is done?

Hey! Like the Bose (sucks) ear cushions, this thread has become contaminated...with other head-fi clichés!

Jeez, what's with Bose anyway? Let's continue to discuss this important issue.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juaquin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose aren't bad - it's just that there are better cans for the same price elsewhere. I like the QuietComfort noise canceling ones, but prefer the sound of my ATH-ES7's (which are actually cheaper). Bottom line, buy what you think sounds best - oh wait, you can't demo them
triportsad.gif

speaking of cliches...

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whenever I ask in a store if I can listen to any headphones I am interested in they always say they can't do that anymore due to hygiene health laws. Well, then why are they allowed to have those Bose demo displays if that is true?

Just wondering..what store? I reckon an average store or of course Media Market would just make up an excuse to not set up all the equipment you need to listen in the first place.

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe they smelt the cigarette smoke on you and didn't want their headphones to smell too?

It's better than stinking of garlic.

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #25 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weimar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering..what store? I reckon an average store or of course Media Market would just make up an excuse to not set up all the equipment you need to listen in the first place.

I've been told it is due to hygiene at Futureshop, London Drugs and most recently just over a week ago at Andre's Audiotronics. It's not an isolated excuse where I live. Maybe it is a bylaw here. They have a bylaw here that you can't sell or trade in games at EB too. But I can go across the lake to an EB that is on native land and sell or trade there. Weird.

Feb 26, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #27 of 31
I smoke too and i smell like yo mama. oops hehe

Feb 26, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
speaking of cliches...

But you missed the hook.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juaquin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bottom line, buy what you think sounds best - oh wait, you can't demo them
triportsad.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's better than stinking of garlic.

No, its not.

Anyway, I think Garlic smells good. They should make garlic scented peppermints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back