Boots..not shoes
Nov 15, 2009 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
i have never owned a pair of boots in my life...and i would love to have one.

they feel more manly..more sexy...and they are tough also.

can u guys recommend me some brands or places where i can buy.

tried some at 'Aldo'...they were decent..but dont know if the quality is good.

something like chelsea boots or chukka boots?

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 25
Aldo's are actually decent dress boots on a budget. I have Aldo's too. Eventually, I want Ferragamo's. The mall near me actually has an Aldo store. Take a look around locally.

Nov 15, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 25
Try RM Williams boots. Their quality is excellent, but I wouldn't recommend leather soles because they are slippery and don't last long on rough surfaces.

Nov 15, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #5 of 25
Try Alden's range of boots. They should have what you're looking for. I have a couple pairs of their shoes and love them. I'd like to pick up their "Indy" boot sooner or later - I've always loved them.

For dress boots, I found a good deal on a pair of Cheaney boots a couple years back. They're very well made and I've gotten a lot of use out of them.

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 25
I got a pair of Dutch army boots. Wearing them for the last 10 years or so every day. They can take quite a beating and i find them pretty comfortable after "burn-in". Although build quality isnt what it used be. Could do 4 years with one pair, last pair is 1 3/4 year old is showing some broken seams, thinking of getting the newer Magnum boots

Also i got a pair of Loblan western boots. Got them from an acquaintance. Use them every now and then. Still looking for a new pair, the good looking ones are so damn expensive.

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #7 of 25
I don't know if you're looking for dress boots or work boots, but here's my experience.

I have a pair of Timberlands, something like this but not the 6 incher.

Timberland Men's TiTAN 6in Safety WP Boot

It's the best pair of boots I've had. I have had many pairs of boots from many different companies and these Timberland Pros are the best. They're amazingly comfortable, especially for a safety toe work boot. They are waterproof too, which is why I got them in the first place. Go to a store and try on some Timberland Pro boots!

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #8 of 25
I love my Blundstone boots. They're unisex, very lightweight, and EXTREMELY comfortable. I'm not kidding. I wore mine on a trip to NYC and they held up so well after 8 - 9+ hours of walking each day.

Blundstone Boots Direct !

Nov 17, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #10 of 25
x2 on all the comments about use.

Alden shoes are incredible. They made the actual Indiana Jones boot and it is still in their catalog.

If you are wanting something casual, take a look at Russell boots. While they do stock standard sizes, they will custom make a shoe or boot for you. They are quite pricey and a tiny bit on the fragile side given their price and intended use but they are pretty darn good.

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #12 of 25
I can second the Hitec Magnums recommendation. I wore those for years. The most comfortable boots I have ever worn are Rocky AlphaForce boots. MENS FOOTWEAR, DUTY - Rocky Outdoor Gear More comfortable than sneakers, almost as lightweight, and tread that'll tear through anything.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #14 of 25
I currently have Merrill, Vasque, Timberland, Dunham, Clark and Hi-Tech boots. Based on my experience I believe one can find the best value (comfort, price, looks, and waterproofing) in the Dunham line. I have only had them for a few months so: 1) I cannot comment on their durability 2) The fact that they are my most recent addition may be influencing my judgement.

They are very affordable for waterproof membrane technology and come in a variety of widths. They are sold by New Balance dealers.

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are wanting something casual, take a look at Russell boots. While they do stock standard sizes, they will custom make a shoe or boot for you. They are quite pricey and a tiny bit on the fragile side given their price and intended use but they are pretty darn good.

I have a pair of Russell South 40 Birdhunters (may have a different name or not be available anymore). Not only are they the most comfortable pair of bird hunting boots I've ever owned, they are also the longest lived ... outlasting LL Bean Guide Boots, Browning Kangaroo, Timberland, Hush Puppy & etc. Mind you, I only spend 30+ days a year in the thickest nastiest bird cover (young aspen stands and tag alder tangles). I've had my Russells for the better part of a decade and they are still going strong. Not too pretty any more, but plenty tough for me.

The only pair that has come close in durability is my Vasque Sundowner hiking/back packing boots and if the Russell's have a comfort factor of 10 (most comfortable) then the Vasque's are a 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back