bookshelf speakers vs studio monitors?
Jan 31, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #136 of 286
i want the jbls. they seem to have more bass than the mackies.

If bass is important, it would be worth waiting/saving for the larger LSR308s. Big difference in potential bass capability for filling a room between a 5" driver and an 8" driver.

Or, get the LSR305 and save for a sub. Subs are the best way to get killer bass :)

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #137 of 286
If bass is important, it would be worth waiting/saving for the larger LSR308s. Big difference in potential bass capability for filling a room between a 5" driver and an 8" driver.

Or, get the LSR305 and save for a sub. Subs are the best way to get killer bass
smily_headphones1.gif

its not that big of a deal. i figure it out. all boils down to wether i wanna spend $300 vs $500 heh. at least i got the audiobox outta the way.

Feb 1, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #143 of 286
anybody hear anything about the Behringer Truth B2031As? they have dropped in price to $199 each. 8 inch drivers too. very interesting.

EDIT: then i look on sweetwater and they have the 8 inch jbls, buy one get one half off until feb 28th. i wouldnt be able to resist that deal.

Feb 2, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #146 of 286
  ah okay probably wont now since the jbls have a sale going.

If you like the JBL's more get them especially since they're on sale, sub's aren't always necessary with near field's; my Mackies pack a punch with 5's. Do you have the desk space for 8's? They will sound terrible if they are to close together and ESPECIALLY if they're to close to a wall (8 inches minimum from the wall behind)

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #149 of 286
my next thing is figuring out what to do for a desk lol. i dont wanna spend a ****load either. hmmmmmmmm

Your local Craiglist is your best bet. People sell used desks for much cheaper than you can buy them new, often because they just want to get them out of their house because of other new furniture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back