Bollywood & other Desi (ie Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, etc.) music
Jan 17, 2018 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 153

ADUHF

Headphoneus Supremus
Can't believe there is no active discussion of this topic here. So I had to create one.

While it's true that the quality of music production in India and the sub-continent has not been particularly good in the past, that has changed quite a bit in recent years. So there is now quite a bit of decent music to listen to, in both the popular and classical genres.

Much of the popular music is still rather bright, and a bit bracing to my ears. But the quality of recordings has improved pretty dramatically due to new digital technologies. And there are also more mellow and trappy sounding things and artists to listen to as well, if that's what you're in to.

If you have any suggestions to offer on this topic, feel free to lay em on me and the other Head-Fiers. Post as much as you like. But please put each video or audio track in a separate post to make thread navigation easier. And post only "official" content authorized or uploaded by the artists or their labels whenever possible.

TIA.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #3 of 153
Thanks for the reply, fhuang.

padmavati soundtrack out?

Doesn't look like it. Some songs from the movie have been released though. And the title of the movie was officially changed to "Padmaavat" after some protests during the making of the movie.

The visuals look gorgeous on this btw!

"Ek Dil Ek Jaan" - Short version...

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #7 of 153
My mistake! The full Padmaavat album was released just a few hours ago on the T-Series Youtube channel. Good timing.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #8 of 153
Another recent Deepika-Singh-Bhansali collab...

"Deewani Mastani" (from the movie Bajirao Mastani) - Short version. This starts a bit loud...

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #9 of 153
Some Bollywood tracks by Kanika Kapoor. Some of these are on the bright side. But Kanika is one of the best. And I wish she'd do more singles.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back