Blur Earbuds Lovers
Nov 21, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #1,291 of 1,529
Out of interest, comparing the 266R MX400 and the 189 MX150, what do you hear?
266R mx400 has warmer signature than 189 mx150 and wider soundstage, but I feel that is less detailed and not has clean on upper mids as 189 mx150

Nov 21, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #1,292 of 1,529
266R mx400 has warmer signature than 189 mx150 and wider soundstage, but I feel that is less detailed and not has clean on upper mids as 189 mx150

Agree with you on this. 266R MX400 Reference is probably the warmest Blur I have. You lose some detail but it's much easier to listen to for longer sessions and the bass is nice and full.

Really depends on your use case and tastes.

Nov 22, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #1,293 of 1,529
The more I listen the more I think it's going to top the Wraith in my charts.
Agree with you on this. 266R MX400 Reference is probably the warmest Blur I have. You lose some detail but it's much easier to listen to for longer sessions and the bass is nice and full.

Really depends on your use case and tastes.
I as well. The only really remaining elements strongly in the Wraith's favor is the timbre, the smaller PK shell, and the supple OFC cabling which I like immensely.

Nov 22, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #1,294 of 1,529
I as well. The only really remaining elements strongly in the Wraith's favor is the timbre, the smaller PK shell, and the supple OFC cabling which I like immensely.

Indeed!

Have you heard the 189 Hybrid PK150? I'm interested to see what this brings to the table over the Wraith.

Nov 22, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #1,295 of 1,529
Indeed!

Have you heard the 189 Hybrid PK150? I'm interested to see what this brings to the table over the Wraith.
Me too, since my most liked Blur is 189 mx150 ( (first brighter units), perhaps 189 pk150 could suits me.

Nov 22, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #1,296 of 1,529
Me too, since my most liked Blur is 189 mx150 ( (first brighter units), perhaps 189 pk150 could suits me.

PK150 will likely be warmer than the MX150 by a fair bit so might not replay vocals in the same way, but I haven't heard it so that's just a suspicion!

Nov 22, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #1,297 of 1,529
My first drop into blur buds bliss. 🙏🏽
20211122_150720_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• 20211122_150720_HDR.jpg
    20211122_150720_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Nov 23, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #1,298 of 1,529
The Wraith is simply awesome!!! I like that it is warm enough without being muffled or muddy yet still sufficiently detailed for what matters to my ears. I fully agree that it's timbre is it's crowning glory. Never heard something this full sounding and very life-like. The bass and vocals on this are excellent. The bass is impactful enough while remaining tight and coherent with the other music elements. If I would compare it to another earbuds, it would be like an enhanced Shozy BK but with less intimate and very airy soundstage. One thing I noticed though that it doesn't play well with the Ovidius B1 which is a forward sounding and mid-centric dac. I'm using it with VE Odyssey HD and they are a match made in heaven. Maybe in the future, I could find a dac that is more high-end but for now, I'm very satisfied with this combo. The comfort of the PK shell and the OFC cable are all pluses for me apart from its sonic abilities. Special thanks to Woody and Ian for your advices on getting the Wraith. I'm glad I did and never regret it a bit. And of course to Wong for his talent and for making such a masterpiece. For now, this surpasses all of my earbuds so I could rest for a moment and enjoy my music. Until the next itch....

:beerchug:

Nov 23, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #1,301 of 1,529
The Wraith is simply awesome!!! I like that it is warm enough without being muffled or muddy yet still sufficiently detailed for what matters to my ears. I fully agree that it's timbre is it's crowning glory. Never heard something this full sounding and very life-like. The bass and vocals on this are excellent. The bass is impactful enough while remaining tight and coherent with the other music elements. If I would compare it to another earbuds, it would be like an enhanced Shozy BK but with less intimate and very airy soundstage. One thing I noticed though that it doesn't play well with the Ovidius B1 which is a forward sounding and mid-centric dac. I'm using it with VE Odyssey HD and they are a match made in heaven. Maybe in the future, I could find a dac that is more high-end but for now, I'm very satisfied with this combo. The comfort of the PK shell and the OFC cable are all pluses for me apart from its sonic abilities. Special thanks to Woody and Ian for your advices on getting the Wraith. I'm glad I did and never regret it a bit. And of course to Wong for his talent and for making such a masterpiece. For now, this surpasses all of my earbuds so I could rest for a moment and enjoy my music. Until the next itch....

:beerchug:
Very happy to hear that you are enjoying your Wraith.

Nov 25, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #1,302 of 1,529
What did you think of the Cantiga & Owain Phyfe tracks?
BTW - There are also videos on YouTube, if you don't want buy a CD, just to check them out.

Sorry only remembering to take a listen - via YouTube at the moment, yes very nice - I must check if on any of the streaming services once I start using them more. I've more or less stopped buying CDs and vinyl, the very odd exception - that was quite a hard habit to break after more than 30 years collecting!

Dec 5, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #1,303 of 1,529
Hoping all the Blurlievers are doing well? What are you guys listening to this weekend?

I've had some time to reflect on the MX400 Reference and run them next to my other Blurs. They undoubtedly give the largest and fullest sound thus far from Blur and that really compliments OST, electronic, pop, hip hop. The one draw back of the meaty low end is an overall warm tonality that has some loss of detail in the midbass and some veiling of the lower mids. For me this secures Wraith in a top spot for my favourite genres that are largely instrumental.

Comparing my Blurs meant diving back into the Blur Box and pulling out some 'older' models and what has surprised me is the capability of the MX300 driver - my first Blur purchase. I have a retuned Beautiful Witch and tonally and timbrally I'm recognising qualities that I previously overlooked. I would say it competes side-by-side with the Wraith PK150 driver in terms of timbre and the retune itself is a great all-round signature (I believe this is somewhat similar to the currently available 266 Retune II). With a new found respect for the MX300 driver I've just ordered another model using this driver to explore it more... :)

Todays listening on the Blur OFC MX400 STE & Blur 266R MX400 non-aPs Reference from the Valhalla 2:

fqhdgi-purcellfan-preview-m3.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #1,304 of 1,529
Waiting the new batch with new 3 models, meanwhile, listening my beloved 189 mx150 that is the best for my tastes.

Dec 5, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #1,305 of 1,529
Waiting the new batch with new 3 models, meanwhile, listening my beloved 189 mx150 that is the best for my tastes.

The 189 MX150 is close to perfection for female vocals in my opinion. So sweet and detailed, yet no sibilance or shout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back