Blur Earbuds Lovers
Oct 6, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #916 of 1,529
Thanks. My primary listening is desktop which would be no problem but I do like to go mobile sometimes.

I've tried driving the Wraith from my phone (Note 9) and while the appealing tonal qualities remain, the soundstage, imaging, note weight and dynamics take a hit so it's probably not the best portable solution. Volume scales fine though.

Oct 6, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #917 of 1,529
Thanks. My primary listening is desktop which would be no problem but I do like to go mobile sometimes.
Venture Electronics sells a dongle with a 2v output. Same form factor, twice the power as long as your phone isn’t lightening. I haven’t been able to find a suitable adapter.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #918 of 1,529
Venture Electronics sells a dongle with a 2v output. Same form factor, twice the power as long as your phone isn’t lightening. I haven’t even able to find a suitable adapter.
Good shout!

Their soon to be released Megatron transportable dac/amp 'mega-dongle' will have some hefty power too I imagine, but that almost has a desktop footprint in itself...

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #920 of 1,529
Both coming home. I hope next week

1633547905151.png

1633547923380.png

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #921 of 1,529
Oct 6, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #923 of 1,529
Actually I'm not sure if my unit is an STE and upon consultation with Woody before whom I contacted for it, he said it's called Blur 266 MX64 aPs 64Ω (Special Warm Tuning). Below are the exact words I got from him when he helped me on some of my queries.
  • Blur 266 MX64 aPs 64Ω (Special Warm Tuning) vs Blur 266 MX64 aPs 64Ω (Standard Tuning)
The original 266 MX64 aPs is a very detailed-oriented, smooth, and relaxing earbud exhibiting the standard Blur mid-range prominence along with Blur's new bass boost tuning. Your model was the very first aPs model made with the 64Ω driver and was special-tuned 'slightly warm' to tame any naughty highs which gently enhances the bass without effecting the musicality of the mids and treble.

Maybe you can tell if SWT=STE or STE is just the Standard Tuning Edition. Woody is no longer in this forum so perhaps asking Wong would be the next option. Sorry but I have not personally talked to Wong before.
Are you saying yours don't sound like how you thought they would? How did Woody know the tunings of those? I thought he only had 3 earbuds.

"Sorry but I have not personally talked to Wong before." How did you order your earbuds then?

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #924 of 1,529
You can make a guess. I thought it's too obvious already. ☺️ Hint: It's secondhand.

My 266 MX64 sings wonderfully with the Ovidius B1. I can listen to this combo all day long.

Blur 266 MX64 aPs SWT.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #926 of 1,529
I found an adapter https://www.hidizs.net/products/hidizs-iphone-otg-adapter

Insert “serendipitously” to the above.
https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-Converter-Earphones-Canceling-Microphone/dp/B08KW5TLCW

I recently received this adapter and it is working with my iPhone 6S with both VE Odyssey (original from 2017) and Avani. I have been quite surprised to find something that has been working thus far reliably with my iPhone and should (hopefully) going forward provide a vehicle to use usb-c DACs.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #928 of 1,529
To keep on the topic of Blurs, I want to share my initial experience of having mine since May. Going for the Blur 173 m150, I was very skeptical of how these buds were. I was suggested to go for them by a friend of mine who absolutely loves these earbuds, and I was actually a bit new in earbuds at this time. So to figure out what these are like, I contacted wong and bought a pair.

There are many things I really enjoy about these, some I dont, but for the most part, these are some of my favourite earbuds in my collection. The sound is something I havent heard other buds like. Darker sounding than others but its an enjoyable kind of dark, the cable is incredible and is by far the best one I have held, and the detail in these is very impressive. At times I'll just stop listening to my main equipment and come back to my Blurs, its a wonderful sound. Very lovely pair.
Sounds like a cool friend :wink: Nice photo, you can actually see the strands of copper through the clear insulation which was a pleasant surprise to me since photos I had seen before I got mine weren't able to quite pick up those details.

Ordered my first Blur (OFC MX64 STE aPs).
Excited to hear your thoughts when you arrive! It's a pretty well received pair of earbuds, I would get a pair myself but apparently my MX400's are similar, so I opted for Wraiths instead.

Oct 7, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #929 of 1,529
To keep on the topic of Blurs, I want to share my initial experience of having mine since May. Going for the Blur 173 m150, I was very skeptical of how these buds were. I was suggested to go for them by a friend of mine who absolutely loves these earbuds, and I was actually a bit new in earbuds at this time. So to figure out what these are like, I contacted wong and bought a pair.

There are many things I really enjoy about these, some I dont, but for the most part, these are some of my favourite earbuds in my collection. The sound is something I havent heard other buds like. Darker sounding than others but its an enjoyable kind of dark, the cable is incredible and is by far the best one I have held, and the detail in these is very impressive. At times I'll just stop listening to my main equipment and come back to my Blurs, its a wonderful sound. Very lovely pair.
blurs.png
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience. May I know what it is that you DON'T like about your Blur 173 mx150?

I'm curious too. What don't you like about your blur?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back