Blur Earbuds Lovers
Jun 30, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #241 of 1,529
Welcome to the new Blur OFC MX64 aPs Special Tuning Edition (64Ω)... just look at that frequency response!

The following is the prototype (first sample) of this new model line.

1625062967418.png

1625062984913.png

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #243 of 1,529
So after a short bedding in period I think I can safely comment on the Beautiful Witch aPs 300ohm...

Initially I was slightly underwhelmed direct out of my M8 (on turbo mode), then moved on the Cayin C9 (tube mode, high gain), which seemed to have enough power to drive them but still left me wanting a little bit more from the overall presentation. This is unusual because the C9, despite being a portable amp, typically handles everything I throw at it without issue included fullsize overears with high impedance loads. I have finally landed on running these directly from the Little Dot 1+ desktop hybrid tube amp with Voskhod tubes (not an overly warm tube with plenty of detail retreival).

They have come alive...

Bass: reasonable extension, full-bodied, slow attack and decay, a real sense of weight
Mids: good male vocals, warm and emotive female vocals (perfect for my tastes), good instrument timbre
Treble: enough treble for the details, but certainly not the focus here

Through the Little Dot these earbuds have a very dream-like presentation, detail is present, but the combination of a warm tonal balance, heavy note weight and slow decay that notes carry and the not-so emphasised imaging/separation blends into a very intoxicating experience. The name 'Beautiful Witch' is apt, everytime I listen it's as if I'm being carried away, seduced by a spell of sorts, to a Witches' coven. Female vocals are lush and the stand-out feature. They rise up with a presence and forwardness, out over the top of the weighty lower frequencies, to remind you that the Beauty of this Witch is her voice!

_DSC2041.jpg
_DSC2045-2.jpg

Thanks to Wong for the kind and curteous service!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #244 of 1,529
So after a short bedding in period I think I can safely comment on the Beautiful Witch aPs 300ohm...

Initially I was slightly underwhelmed direct out of my M8 (on turbo mode), then moved on the Cayin C9 (tube mode, high gain), which seemed to have enough power to drive them but still left me wanting a little bit more from the overall presentation. This is unusual because the C9, despite being a portable amp, typically handles everything I throw at it without issue included fullsize overears with high impedance loads. I have finally landed on running these directly from the Little Dot 1+ desktop hybrid tube amp with Voskhod tubes (not an overly warm tube with plenty of detail retreival).

They have come alive...

Bass: reasonable extension, full-bodied, slow attack and decay, a real sense of weight
Mids: good male vocals, warm and emotive female vocals (perfect for my tastes), good instrument timbre
Treble: enough treble for the details, but certainly not the focus here

Through the Little Dot these earbuds have a very dream-like presentation, detail is present, but the combination of a warm tonal balance, heavy note weight and slow decay that notes carry and the not-so emphasised imaging/separation blends into a very intoxicating experience. The name 'Beautiful Witch' is apt, everytime I listen it's as if I'm being carried away, seduced by a spell of sorts, to a Witches' coven. Female vocals are lush and the stand-out feature. They rise up with a presence and forwardness, out over the top of the weighty lower frequencies, to remind you that the Beauty of this Witch is her voice!

Thanks to Wong for the kind and curteous service!
Very pleased you are happy with your new buds! Concur, Wong is indeed really a great guy and always the consummate gentleman.

Yes, the Blur sound does take some time to get used to and thus why it is challenging to describe. Very unique... while being very open and natural sounding they are extremely detailed (timbre monsters) without being too forward which is usually the case with overly detailed sound signatures. It takes a good week or two for one's ears to adjust and understand the Blur House Sound... at first they are a bit confusing but once you give your ears and brain burn-in time you will be very, very surprised by their resolution (clarity and details) and the airiness they offer.

You know I don't think I have ever listened to either my older pair (original version) nor my newest pair (aPs edition) Blur Beautiful Witches via a tube amp. Must try now!

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2021 at 10:50 AM Post #245 of 1,529
Very pleased you are happy with your new buds! Concur, Wong is indeed really a great guy and always the consummate gentleman.

Yes, the Blur sound does take some time to get used to and thus why it is challenging to describe. Very unique... while being very open and natural sounding they are extremely detailed (timbre monsters) without being too forward which is usually the case with overly detailed sound signatures. It takes a good week or two for one's ears to adjust and understand the Blur House Sound... at first they are a bit confusing but once you give your ears and brain burn-in time you will be very, very surprised by their resolution (clarity and details) and the airiness they offer.

You know I don't think I have ever listened to either my older pair (original version) nor my newest pair (aPs edition) Blur Beautiful Witches via a tube amp. Must try now!

I've definitely not heard anything like it before. I'm looking to getting to know this house sound better.

Let us know how you get on running it through tubes :)

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #247 of 1,529
The Beautiful Witch keeps on impressing me. Moved back to the C9 amp. These earbuds truly have some of the best timbre I've heard on any of my audio gear. Ever so organic and full bodied.

Kudos to Wong and his tuning expertise!

Jul 7, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #248 of 1,529
Something from Master Wong arrived today

IMG-20210624-WA0000.jpgIMG-20210628-WA0000.jpg
Loving the 'artisan' feel and look of these. Real craftsmanship which I value highly. My first PK shell bud and very initial impressions are quite promising! As other have said, a delight to deal with Wong.

Jul 7, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #250 of 1,529
Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #253 of 1,529
Jul 7, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #255 of 1,529
Blur 256 PK16 White Face Limited Edition Ownership Register

There are only five (5) existing models of the Ultimate & Special Limited Edition
Blur PK16 "White Face":

No. 1 - Blur 256 White Face; Ultimate Basshead Limited Edition (PK 16Ω; 2.5TRRS) = WoodyLuvr stolen by His Siamese Wife sold to qua2k sold to dnolan227
No. 2 - Blur 256 White Face; Ultimate Basshead Limited Edition (PK 16Ω; 3.5TRS) = digititus this pair died - replaced by Blur 256 PK32 Second Mountain Lower Tuning (32Ω)
No. 3 - Blur 256 White Face; Ultimate Basshead Limited Edition (PK 16Ω; 2.5TRRS) = rcoleman1
No. 4 - Blur 256+133 White Face; Special Basshead Limited Edition (PK 16Ω; 2.5TRRS) = FranQL sold to qua2k

No. 5 - Blur 266 White Face; Special Basshead Limited Edition (PK 16Ω; 4.4TRRS) = ian91

Blur Earbuds Timeline

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back