Bluetooth headset?
Jul 27, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #3 of 26
It looks good for portable use, but I'm thinking more of a full size stereo set, to be used in the office etc. Suggestions?

Jul 27, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #4 of 26
Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970

T012.jpg

Jul 27, 2007 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 26
MOTOROLA HT820

main.jpg

Jul 27, 2007 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 26
No contest, the Jawbone wins hands down.

jawbone.com

Jawbone demo

Watch the demo, it's really that good!

Jul 27, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #7 of 26
If you want something for your desk phone and not your cell, there are four recommendations.

Plantronics CS55 series or

3 Jabra brand headsets @ Hello Direct

I bought the GN9350 and I'm pretty happy with it, although I used the Plantronics unit previously and it worked well too.

There is no "combo" headset worth its salt. Either talk on the telephone, or listen to tunes, but not both. Too much compromise for any "combo" units I'm aware of.

Jul 30, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #9 of 26
I have a pair of the ht820s and have been pretty disappointed. The SQ (both music and as a headset) has been mediocre, at best. In fact, in noisy environments they're pretty much unusable as a headset. The other party will have trouble hearing you and you will have trouble hearing them because the volume is weak. The other oddity about it is they don't loop your voice over the speakers, and since they're closed, you're not sure how loud you are talking.

Jul 30, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No contest, the Jawbone wins hands down.

jawbone.com

Jawbone demo

Watch the demo, it's really that good!

Wow, nice to see a post from you....

The jawbone seems to be the ticket. I have the Motorolla stadard blue tooth and it's hard to hear if there's any noise around. I wouldn't recommend it.

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, nice to see a post from you....

The jawbone seems to be the ticket. I have the Motorolla stadard blue tooth and it's hard to hear if there's any noise around. I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks Rob. I've been pretty busy getting a new business started, but I have to come up for air every once in a while!
wink.gif

Re the Jawbone, there is nothing and I mean NOTHING that even comes close to working as good as this thing does. I wish I had stock in the company. This is THE BT headset to get for any cell phone. They are coming out with a USB wired version for VOIP as well. Killer product.

Jul 31, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by xollox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of the ht820s and have been pretty disappointed. The SQ (both music and as a headset) has been mediocre, at best. In fact, in noisy environments they're pretty much unusable as a headset. The other party will have trouble hearing you and you will have trouble hearing them because the volume is weak. The other oddity about it is they don't loop your voice over the speakers, and since they're closed, you're not sure how loud you are talking.

yup, the one thing that i hate from it are the volume's weak...
tongue.gif
that's why i sell em again...
icon10.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #14 of 26
I use Jabra BT620S with A125s(for iPod Bluetooth adaptor).
It's very combenient.

from Jabra.com
One of the great things about the Jabra BT620s is that it can be used with various Bluetooth devices. You can connect your Jabra BT620s with 2 devices, enabling music playing and phone connectivity at the same time. This means you never have to miss a call unless you want to, and you don’t have to change your headset when you want to listen to music on another device.

MCP2FXq8_NQFxVU1AV48N4lGomBBeYQrnbAwY1aLRFBINOHj4NQweSSA-ZSqqv3J.jpg

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #15 of 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back