Bluesound Node 2i
Jul 1, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #47 of 435
Refurbished node 2i. $465. Might be a thought as I bought refurbished Sony headphones that were perfect.

Definitely a super nice all in one solution even at the full price.

Just saw one used here in the for sale section for much less than the price you mentioned.

Be aware there is no headphone jack on the node 2i. You'll need a headphone amp or an integrated amp with a headphone jack. The latter is not a good solution for many headphones though.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #48 of 435
Definitely a super nice all in one solution even at the full price.

Just saw one used here in the for sale section for much less than the price you mentioned.

Be aware there is no headphone jack on the node 2i. You'll need a headphone amp or an integrated amp with a headphone jack. The latter is not a good solution for many headphones though.
Product ordered. I have 2 amps to juggle. Marantz with floor speakers. And Violectric with my Sennheiser 800s headphones

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #50 of 435
So I got the 2i. Set It up to work with WiFi.
the level of detail is unlike anything I’ve heard. I wish it had more bass.

You're welcome :D

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #52 of 435
Oh sorry thanks. Do u know of anyway to enhance bass? This is always a big issue with headphone rigs. To get detail. The bass has to be sacrificed

I think people are simply not used to what a normal level of bass is. Probably the best idea is just live with it for a week and see if your feelings change.

What is your headphone setup now?

Jul 7, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #54 of 435
Are you using fixed output level from the node 2i? Seems to me the bluesound control panel has tone controls but I don't use them.

Jul 7, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #56 of 435
Not sure which are fixed. My only option was the rca cables out. Fed to my amp

I mean there is a fixed volume setting on the node 2i, I would recommend using it. Drive the headamp fully and control the volume from it rather than the node 2i.

Jul 7, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #58 of 435
I just have the node turned all the way up. Then use my amp to adjust. The manual is not good.

Yes! We have no manual. The controller app is pretty good and the updates are amazingly trouble free.

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #60 of 435

Users who are viewing this thread

Back