Bluejeans LC-1 RCA cables?
Jan 27, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #31 of 44
The whole boutique audiophile cables and power conditioners market is a sham for unsuspecting buyers. Audition before buying is a must. I still have my BPT power conditioner, custom power cord, and Cardas Golden Reference cables and they sound no better than sticking my electronics into the wall and using the Volex 17604 and BJC LC-1s or 1505Fs. I still have trouble hearing major hyperbolic sound quality differences and I just got tired of being everybody's whipping bitch on the subject matter.

Jan 27, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #32 of 44
Agreed.

Unlike visual memory, acoustic memory is like vaporware and more easily fooled. You can recall every detail of you girlfriend's face but probably cannot recall anything but the basic musical details of your favorite song.

Jan 27, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #33 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlhm5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed.

Unlike visual memory, acoustic memory is like vaporware and more easily fooled. You can recall every detail of you girlfriend's face but probably cannot recall anything but the basic musical details of your favorite song.

you have a point about acoustic memory, but that doesn't necessarily means that there are no qualitative differences between cables.

Jan 27, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The whole boutique audiophile cables and power conditioners market is a sham for unsuspecting buyers. Audition before buying is a must. I still have my BPT power conditioner, custom power cord, and Cardas Golden Reference cables and they sound no better than sticking my electronics into the wall and using the Volex 17604 and BJC LC-1s or 1505Fs. I still have trouble hearing major hyperbolic sound quality differences and I just got tired of being everybody's whipping bitch on the subject matter.

You know Welly I'm sort of embarrassed to admit this but I only recently bypassed my ("passive" non-current limiting, non-dynamics limiting) power conditioner and plugged my amp into the wall. Sheesh what I've been missing all this time.

Power conditioners, power cords and cables survive on the premise that they are filtering out bad, noisy, grungy AC. How would anyone know if they had bad AC? I'm starting to wonder if there is such a thing as bad AC. The wall sounds clean as a whistle to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlhm5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is why people think they hear the affects of burn-in. The same recording doesn't sound the same to me on different occasions but some write with genuine conviction about things that may not even exist. I honestly don't know why many audiophiles are so resistant to the magnitude of the role psychology and biology play in their listening.

Feb 2, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #36 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Power conditioners, power cords and cables survive on the premise that they are filtering out bad, noisy, grungy AC. How would anyone know if they had bad AC? I'm starting to wonder if there is such a thing as bad AC. The wall sounds clean as a whistle to me.

You should consider Universal Power Supplies. I haven't heard one but Matt Carter would tell you about how amazing his ~$100 Belkin UPS is
smily_headphones1.gif
; he's tried power conditioners but didn't like the sound, in fact he's selling his power conditioning unit. He started a thread about the Belkin unit in this forum.

Here's the thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ghlight=belkin

Philodox bought one too, but didn't post impressions.

Feb 2, 2007 at 1:14 PM Post #37 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should consider Universal Power Supplies. I haven't heard one but Matt Carter would tell you about how amazing his ~$100 Belkin UPS is
smily_headphones1.gif
; he's tried power conditioners but didn't like the sound, in fact he's selling his power conditioning unit. He started a thread about the Belkin unit in this forum.

Here's the thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ghlight=belkin

Philodox bought one too, but didn't post impressions.

Thanks for the recommendation but power conditioner/surge are pretty far down on my list right now (I think the AC is fine sounding/I've never had anything ever get smoked). I did read through the Tripp-Lite thread awhile ago and that was some interesting stuff but I'd be in with the Bryston guy in having an amp that can deal with power anomalies. Later I may be pulling 600-800 watts so a true sine wave ac/dc/ac ups might be quite a beast. Beast of burden.

Feb 3, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #38 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the LC-1 does encounter some audiophile snob factor. At $31 it can't be taken seriously by some. Were a zero added bringing it to $131 suddenly it'd be on par with the best and a tremendous "bargain".

Where, exactly, did you add that zero?
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #40 of 44
Precisely. No one else could have stated it better, nor have meant it more.

X2

Feb 4, 2007 at 9:34 PM Post #42 of 44
Me? I was agreeing with your analogy... and signing on... what missed?

Oy.

Feb 6, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #44 of 44
Recieved cable + given about 10 hours burn in and can already hear why this cable is compared to $100 ones. I would recommend ppl tried this first before spending on a more expensive one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back