Bluejeans LC-1 RCA cables?
Oct 31, 2006 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

admos

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys,

first, i can understand that cable is important in a HiFi system, so i will not use the cables come with the amp.

i am trying to find a decent dual RCA cable between my audiophile soundcard and amp(hopefully LDII+). since the good review about bluejeans cables in this forum, i am interested about it. but also, i found Monster cables sold on samedaymusic.com are just $10-$15 depends on different length.(http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--MONI100)

please recommend some cables (<$40) for my rig. i know there are some people in this forum use LDII or LDII+ with their soundcard, so please share some ideas here, thank you~~

Oct 31, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #3 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by admos
i am trying to find a decent dual RCA cable between my audiophile soundcard and amp.

please recommend some cables (<$40) for my rig.

How about the Blue Jeans Cable LC-1?
lambda.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #4 of 44
Blue Jeans will be good enough, honestly....

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 44
Blue Jeans are good.
Also check out the Belden 89259 IC from Heartland Cables, only $55 with Eichmann Bullets(!), and really one of the best deals out there.
Also the Signal Cable Analogue II $49/pr (more like $75 if you want Eichmanns).
The Element Musical II (only $59 with Bullets) is another stellar deal.
You can't go wrong any of the ICs mentioned... except the Monster Cable... very, very wrong.
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 11:54 PM Post #7 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by admos
thanks guys!!

i think i will choose Bluejeans, cos that is the price i can afford for cables,
blink.gif

have you ever used this cable made by Turbo?
rcatorca.JPG

Blue Jean Cables are great specially at their price, now all my ICs are by them. Turbo makes great cables and ICs, you can not go wrong with Turbo.

At the end of the day a lot will be decided by your wallet, eye candy, and what you hear (hopefully).

Nov 2, 2006 at 12:18 PM Post #10 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint_1
Blue Jeans are good.
Also check out the Belden 89259 IC from Heartland Cables, only $55 with Eichmann Bullets(!), and really one of the best deals out there.
Also the Signal Cable Analogue II $49/pr (more like $75 if you want Eichmanns).
The Element Musical II (only $59 with Bullets) is another stellar deal.
You can't go wrong any of the ICs mentioned... except the Monster Cable... very, very wrong.
wink.gif

Honestly I don't know what is the big deal with the Eichmann bullets, IMO they offer a very poor contact, only in one point, I preffer any other manufacturer by a good margin, including cheap ones, those plasticy and horribly colored plugs are not my cup of tea at all, and over this are pretty expensive...

Nov 2, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #11 of 44
Quick question - not contrary to your opinion but am curious as to why you believe this is the case? I continue to see posts in these forums that criticise Monster Cables.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saint_1
Blue Jeans are good.
wink.gif

The manufacturing of the Monster Cables is to, or exceeds, industry standards using >99% OFC, in essence the same or better engineering then the other cables you mention.

Perhaps, they are overmarketed or overpriced, which is fine, but are they sonically inferior to the other cables around their price point? And if so, please point me to the references that demonstrate this.

Given the list of musicians, studio engineers, etc. who swear by their products, I find it bizarre that they would use inferior products:

Monster Products - Users

Please note that I have no affiliation with Monster, and do not have any of their cables (yet?).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Nov 2, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #12 of 44
Monster (same as Bose) are overpriced, but not that bad, BTW I listened the other day the triports in target, with a source that really sucked, and honestly I have heard a lot worst sound from other very well know brands, of course you can do better with your money, no doubts...

BTW there are others that are a 5 to 10 times more expensive, and at the end, they are similar approaches, with a fancy jacket and people beleive all the opposite, just becasue of marketing and audiophile yada yada ...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Nov 2, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #13 of 44
Sovkiller,

Ok thanks. I fully comprehend the reason why Bose has earned it's poor reputation (given it's dismal frequency response and its unwillingness to publish its frequency response specifications etc.) for certain products, and deservedly so.

I would think if one could find a good price for certain Monster cables they would/could be good value.... For example Monster Cable THX Ultra 4ft 600 stereo audio RCA BEST for this price seems like a good deal, in comparison to it's retail price of $50.... The engineering seems pretty solid. I think I will buy one (at this or a similar price) to see how it sounds/functions/integrates. Will post back..

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Monster (same as Bose) are overpriced, but not that bad, BTW I listened the other day the triports in target, with a source that really sucked, and honestly I have heard a lot worst sound from other very well know brands, of course you can do better with your money, no doubts...

BTW there are others that are a 5 to 10 times more expensive, and at the end, they are similar approaches, with a fancy jacket and people beleive all the opposite, just becasue of marketing and audiophile yada yada ...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Jan 24, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #14 of 44
Just a follow up on the LC-1s that I received: they are terrific for the value and sound a bit "clinical" in the straight wire, apply gain way. I do not hear any roll off in the frequency extremes and the midrange is clear without sounding as forward or rich in euphony compared to my Cardas Golden Reference interconnects. Based off of my memory, I would say that the LC-1s are better than the Belden 1505F stereo cables and they are quite flexible. I am a very happy owner. I would recommend them to others as a step above the cheap stock cables that come with most mass market consumer electronics available for sale at big box stores.

I still believe that the sound differences between the LC-1s and my extremely expensive Cardas Golden References are noticeable, but very small in magnitude.

Jan 24, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a follow up on the LC-1s that I received: they are terrific for the value and sound a bit "clinical" in the straight wire, apply gain way.

I would recommend them to others as a step above the cheap stock cables that come with most mass market consumer electronics available for sale at big box stores.

I still believe that the sound differences between the LC-1s and my extremely expensive Cardas Golden References are noticeable, but very small in magnitude.

I'm also a big fan this cable and at times felt similarly to Welly about the clinical aspect but after some months don't think of it as clinical exactly. It's certainly not bright or unbalanced but it is the most detailed and revealing cable I've heard, more so than the big Nordosts. Well, with all the weaknesses of human perception and memory, I did my best to compare.

In addition to being "a step above the cheap stock cables" I'd go much further and say the LC-1 is a step above many reference audiophile cables, with differences being really quite small of course.

(On a side note for speaker listeners the 10 gauge Belden from BJ can be outstanding if used bare wire. I took off the terminations and "wow" talk about pulling out the much abused phrase "veils removed". Seriously, spades and bananas are real bottlenecks. Now I'm wondering if I should bypass my binding posts. This 'simpler connections is better' mini revelation has had me remove power conditioning for my amp and suck juice straight from the wall--very refreshing! Who said our AC is dirty anyway? Where did this idea come from? Audiophilefoolishness?)
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back