Bluejeans LC-1 RCA cables?
Jan 24, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #16 of 44
The LC-1 is a very good cable. In my system, I hear an increase in bass volume compared to my Chord Cobra 3. Overall though, I prefer the sound of the Chord, which is more dynamic and resolves details better, albeit at a significantly higher price (more than double). The LC-1 is great for its price, but obviously, you could do better if you can afford to pay more. I'm pretty interested in the Signal Cable Silver Resolutions. For $99, you get silver + Bullets. To me, that's great value too, but not as good as the LC-1. One caveat about the LC-1, they're pretty inflexible and require a great deal of space behind them.

Jan 24, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #17 of 44
Well, I have and like the LC-1 and they are very good for their price, but I also own some more audiophile IC's (like vd Hull the first ultimate, Audioquest coral etc. etc.) about 5-10x the price and they are better.
The LC-1 is -to my ears in my system- a lively sounding cable with a large bass and a big soundstage but misses refinement in the mids and has some grain in the treble.
So IMO while the LC-1 is really good value it's not, like some say, one of the best cables available regardless of price.

Jan 24, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #18 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The LC-1 is -to my ears in my system- a lively sounding cable with a large bass and a big soundstage but misses refinement in the mids and has some grain in the treble.

That's a very good description of the sonic characteristics of the cable. I'm going to have a listen to them now
wink.gif

Quote:

So IMO while the LC-1 is really good value it's not, like some say, one of the best cables available regardless of price.

Agreed.

Jan 24, 2007 at 12:35 PM Post #19 of 44
Right, the highs just aren't as crystal clear as I'd like. Is this what you mean by grain? It seems like they're not as "holographic", textured, etc...

Jan 24, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #20 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right, the highs just aren't as crystal clear as I'd like. Is this what you mean by grain? It seems like they're not as "holographic", textured, etc...

agree sounds kind of dead
biggrin.gif

I prefer the old BJC, well 1505F I believe

Jan 24, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

misses refinement in the mids and has some grain in the treble.

I blind listened to it against a Nordost Frey and honestly wouldn't bet my lunch money on which was which.
In hindsight, I suppose I could have tried harder......but didn't think it that important at the time.
No point in arguing about any of this though, I'm just giving my experience for the record.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #22 of 44
Yup, these BJC LC-1s have crazy bass and sound stage. There is no midrange grain, but there is a bit of treble hash. Listen, I have the RSA HR-2 with the AD797 op-amps so I can't be sure if it is the headamp or the cables. This has got to be the most detailed and resolution is even better than the Cardas GR. I still have not been able to sell those cables off neither. Audiogon...no buyers. Head-fi...no buyers. Damn. Oh well.

These are my real reference ICs. For all of you that are reading and want to try them out, do it. I love these ICs for their superior materials and build qualities and low price. I'm listening so deep into the music with my Ue-10 PRO it's like dissecting frogs using lasers or something like that. Ha ha ha.

Jan 25, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #23 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, these BJC LC-1s have crazy bass and sound stage. There is no midrange grain, but there is a bit of treble hash. Listen, I have the RSA HR-2 with the AD797 op-amps so I can't be sure if it is the headamp or the cables. This has got to be the most detailed and resolution is even better than the Cardas GR. I still have not been able to sell those cables off neither. Audiogon...no buyers. Head-fi...no buyers. Damn. Oh well.

These are my real reference ICs. For all of you that are reading and want to try them out, do it. I love these ICs for their superior materials and build qualities and low price. I'm listening so deep into the music with my Ue-10 PRO it's like dissecting frogs using lasers or something like that. Ha ha ha.

everything is all nice except the cable is not musical. But its a good reference point as always. I find LC1 in length of 5-6ft gave enough cap to roll the high off a little which made the sound much more palatable.

Jan 26, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #24 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
everything is all nice except the cable is not musical. But its a good reference point as always. I find LC1 in length of 5-6ft gave enough cap to roll the high off a little which made the sound much more palatable.

You're saying the Low Capacitance-1 cable's sound changes when extended from 3 feet to 5 feet?
No offense intended but I daresay that'd be quite a remarkable event.

I sure hope you get those Harbeths.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're saying the Low Capacitance-1 cable's sound changes when extended from 3 feet to 5 feet?
No offense intended but I daresay that'd be quite a remarkable event.

I sure hope you get those Harbeths.
smily_headphones1.gif

at 3ft the high was intrusive. at 5ft the increased cap which rolls of the high a bit and made the whole cable more tolerable
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #26 of 44
Sell it to me, with all the highs rolled...
very_evil_smiley.gif
i give you 10 bux for it...

Jan 26, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #27 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Welly Wu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I'm listening so deep into the music with my Ue-10 PRO it's like dissecting frogs using lasers or something like that. Ha ha ha.

Wow...that sounds like a crazy experience. I honestly don't know that I could enjoy something like that. I find that seeing into the music too far just leads to overanalyzing the music and for me that takes the fun out of it.

Jan 26, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #28 of 44
Somehow they labeled feet in inches but nevertheless, great cables. There are $2k interconnects which appear use the same connector. You won't be thinking about building your own after you see these.

"100 % shielded pure copper braiding with teflon shielded center conductors, wrapped in a midnight blue outer jacket with silver connectors."

Fully Shielded Cables w/ Teflon Insulated Gold Connectors

$12.37 for a pair of 3' cables. The 6' are on BO for a quarter. They have 12' and 1.5' lengths also.

3943530.jpg

Jan 27, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #30 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sell it to me, with all the highs rolled...
very_evil_smiley.gif
i give you 10 bux for it...

I think the LC-1 does encounter some audiophile snob factor. At $31 it can't be taken seriously by some. Were a zero added bringing it to $131 suddenly it'd be on par with the best and a tremendous "bargain".

Heh, some moron would be burning it in and pulling out their 'blacker backgrounds' lexicon of cliche's and singing praises.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back