Bluedio UFO 8 Drivers Bluetooth Headphones Review
Aug 17, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #31 of 55

Hey buddy sorry for the late reply, for Bluedio's firmware upgrade, you'll first need the Bluedio USB-SPI tool, a hardware that you can buy via various Chinese online platforms, without that or sending the headset back to factory, there's no other way to do firmware upgrades. It happens on a few older Bluedio headsets as well. And no, I dont sell that USB-SPI tools so you'll have to look online XD
Good luck my friend :)

Thank you for your reply!
I can only hope that my UFOs won't need to be updated!
And if I buy the USB SPI (around 50$ here), where do I find the downloads of the actual firmware?
It's been a week that I'm trying to find informations on Bluedio firmware and how to update it without success... No one has mentionned the USB-PSI or given a link for firmware downloads.

P.S The UFOs are as flexible as the "Air", I've seen people bend and twist them in many videos.
EDIT:
I've done some more research and I just found out that UFO don't use the CSR8645 Drivers... so even if I buy the USB-PSI, it won't be compatible with the headset.
 R+ and R+ Legend Version both have CSR8645 bluetooth chips - which means that the USB-SPI adapter can be used with both. UFO on the other hand uses a SIG made chip and is not compatible with CSR's software or hardware. 

There is an update, yes. However, it's no longer available on Bluedio's website, plus you'd need the USB-SPI programmer to install it anyway.

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #32 of 55
Hi GamerHaha, i saw your post in the other post that you were using Bluedio headset with bluetooth connectivity while watching tv. My question? How do you connect the headset to tv? My understanding no tv hv bluetooth to connect to tv. I know some tv hv bluetooth but only connect to mouse. Please answer nust for my curiousity.

Aug 26, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #33 of 55
Hi GamerHaha, i saw your post in the other post that you were using Bluedio headset with bluetooth connectivity while watching tv. My question? How do you connect the headset to tv? My understanding no tv hv bluetooth to connect to tv. I know some tv hv bluetooth but only connect to mouse. Please answer nust for my curiousity.

Haha, here's my little trick:
Optical to Bluetooth converter :D

My Sony TV has optical out so all i need is the converter, easy :)

Nov 4, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #34 of 55
Hi!

I heard that that the UFO sounds similar to the R+, and will be on sale for $125 on 11/11/15 on aliexpress:  http://sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/1111_bluedio.htm?spm=5261.7726059.0.40.n6g4Qa

The UFO doesn't seem to be gathering much interest, so I want to ask you guys and those who also have the UFO if it will be a steal at that price.

I will mostly be using it for music and movies. I heard that it's too bassy and I'm thinking of doing some mods like removing/adding/changing pads to adjust the sound.

Would also like to know if it has issues on build quality/ functions/ quality control.

Nov 4, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #35 of 55
  Hi!

I heard that that the UFO sounds similar to the R+, and will be on sale for $125 on 11/11/15 on aliexpress:  http://sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/1111_bluedio.htm?spm=5261.7726059.0.40.n6g4Qa

The UFO doesn't seem to be gathering much interest, so I want to ask you guys and those who also have the UFO if it will be a steal at that price.

I will mostly be using it for music and movies. I heard that it's too bassy and I'm thinking of doing some mods like removing/adding/changing pads to adjust the sound.

Would also like to know if it has issues on build quality/ functions/ quality control.

My suggestion, grab the R+ instead of UFO. Why?
1. For music I dont see much improvement in UFO comparing with R+, so why buy the expensive one?
2. For movie, UFO comes with the 3D Sound Effect, which is pretty cool for movies but considering the 3D effect improvement vs the heavier headset, I'd rather have the R+. UFO will definitely gets too heavy if you're watching a 3-hours Hobbit movie.
3. Physically, UFO is framed more with metal which makes it heavier but not necessary more durable. The earcup hinges (to allow them to face slightly upwards/ downwards for different head size/ear position comfort) are pretty loose and most likely that's where it'll break; while the R+ is framed with plastic mostly, at least the material works with each other well and you KNEW it's plastic so you might just handle it with a little more care. Eventually, an R+ could just last longer than an UFO when they are both handled with care.

Little extra:
Don't expect a good quality control coz it really varies, yes I know that coz I sell these stuff in my shop, sometimes the entire lot of products are defected, sometimes 1 or 2 in 10 are defected, not to mention you will be relying on international shipping when you buy it online so there's the risky of being "thrown around" during travel. If the discount is good enough to compliment the possible additional time required to return and get a new one ship back to you, go for it. the R+ is far from a GREAT bluetooth headset but it's no **** audio neither. not to mention a bunch of functions packed in this fella: Bluetooth/ NFC/ Micro SD Card Lossless format playback/ Preset EQs/ 3.5mm line-in etc.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #36 of 55
Thanks GamerHAHA! I almost bought the UFO. but if 10-20% of them are defective, I think Bluedio needs to implement better quality control before they charge a premium price for their products. I have not yet shipped defective items overseas neither do I want to experience it.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #37 of 55
  Thanks GamerHAHA! I almost bought the UFO. but if 10-20% of them are defective, I think Bluedio needs to implement better quality control before they charge a premium price for their products. I have not yet shipped defective items overseas neither do I want to experience it.

Yeah.... it's been the major issue with Bluedio's stuff for a while now. they are making some great value entry level products, like the Hurrican Series (H/ H+/ T2/ T2+), personally i think they are giving like 70-80% of what you can get from BEATS but FAR CHEAPER, no fancy "b" logo to make you feel good walking outside with it over your head looking like two teletubbies antenna ( XD ). but the build quality and QC is definitely an issue. Bottom line is still you can get a functioning headphone from Bluedio that should at least last for a couple of months :frowning2: It's actually pretty sad to make such comment on a product that's supposed to be so great value for money but is so fragile. But, to be fair, I do have a few clients who seem to have their headsets to last forever, even with their Bluedios, I guess some simply take VERY GOOD CARE with their stuff :D

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #39 of 55
  Anyone know where we can download the firmware?  I'd like to update mine so I can get rid of the popping noise, I just need the download.

Been asking my regional distributor but they arent getting much responses from Bluedio yet.... :frowning2:

Dec 27, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #40 of 55
Both the Victory and the T3 have hit eBay. The Victory goes for $430 and the T3 for $99 - $130. I have not heard of any reviews on either pair. According to specs, the T3 now has Titanium in the build quality with a durability inference in the write-up. Both come with a 1-Year Warranty.

Dec 28, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #41 of 55
  Both the Victory and the T3 have hit eBay. The Victory goes for $430 and the T3 for $99 - $130. I have not heard of any reviews on either pair. According to specs, the T3 now has Titanium in the build quality with a durability inference in the write-up. Both come with a 1-Year Warranty.

anybody going to give them a try? not going to get my hands on any samples anymore since my distributor isnt going to get those from Bluedio. I dont really think it would happen but i still have a little hope that someone could prove my distributor wrong that this time, this time Bludeio got it right.....

Feb 14, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #42 of 55
Got the bluedio UFO Faith series from my Mrs as a birthday gift last year. Last week it developed a fault and won't power on. It charges till light are blue. Now its permanently blue. Just last night i noticed while connected to the laptop it powered on and connected wirelesslly to my tablet. I thought it had come back to life but when i unplugged the USB from laptop it shut down immediately. I dont know what to do. Please I'll appreciate any advice. Apparently it works while charging only! Could it be battery? I cant even phathom how to DIY the set. Not much help on repairs too untill i found this forum. Looking forward to getting some great help.
Many thanks .

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #43 of 55

They didn't fly off the shelves at the higher price point last December. They are now averaging in price: T3: $67 - $69  and Victory $290; The Vinyl series (70mm drivers) go for $240.
I'd like to audition a pair to see how (if) the build quality has improved and what sound improvements have been realized with the addition of four more speakers than the previous flagship (Legend R+). I'd like to see the thump of the H+ original turbines combined with the broader soundstage of the Legend and unbreakable build quality in one Bluedio headphone. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #44 of 55
Got the bluedio UFO Faith series from my Mrs as a birthday gift last year. Last week it developed a fault and won't power on. It charges till light are blue. Now its permanently blue. Just last night i noticed while connected to the laptop it powered on and connected wirelesslly to my tablet. I thought it had come back to life but when i unplugged the USB from laptop it shut down immediately. I dont know what to do. Please I'll appreciate any advice. Apparently it works while charging only! Could it be battery? I cant even phathom how to DIY the set. Not much help on repairs too untill i found this forum. Looking forward to getting some great help.
Many thanks .

Hey buddy, most likely, its broken. But try this before we can come to a conclusion that your UFO is certified (Good job Scully & Molder! u two finally take down an UFO XD jking XD)
1. If your headset still able to play music, in any way, leave it playing until the battery runs dry
2. Charge it full
3. Try turn it on and see if it gets back to normal

These things happen to Bluedio... u have no idea how many time i wish and pray a Bluedio would last longer, God simply never granted this wish of mine :frowning2: The same "malfunction" happened to some of the Bluedio handsfree I sold before, no way my technician can fix it other than shipping it back to Bluedio.

Good luck buddy, good luck :)

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #45 of 55
Hi mate,
Thanks so much for the reply. The headset is only able to play music if its plugged into a power source i.e. USB plugged to mains or computer. It connects wirelessly too but only when being charged and as soon as i remove the USB, it shuts off immediately. It shows its fully charged once plugged. How do i run the battery dry if i 1st have to charge it before it powers on? The audio jack works too but sound is not too great with the audio jack when its not turned on. i have emailed gdliwei.com but I didnt get any response. I've only just fell in love with the set and now this? Its like a part of me is missing especially when commuting to work in the mornings. I hope i can get it fixed asap. What do u suggest i do? And yes it's a genuine product as I verified on bluedio website. Thanks once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back