Bluedio R+ Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones with NFC and APT-X
Mar 19, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #317 of 337
  can you send me that file for the bluedio R+ firmware update, killzone1213@yahoo.com if you still have it. went to the website couldn't find it

Sorry about that - I shifted a lot of things around in my Dropbox, subsequently causing the link to break. I restored the folder to its original location so the link should now work: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/11zmhypve7m986a/AADbcGpB9pltSB547kKDAsFga?dl=0

I just tried the dropbox link and it's active so it should work for you.

May 22, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #320 of 337
Is there anyone who has the tool to enable aptx ?

Would anyone be willing to do my pair if sent with shipping both ways ?

Unless the tool is cheap enoug and not hard to use.

I really like these headphones and the best sounding bluetooth I have tried yet and have tried a few. It does take some eq adjusments but they can really shine after eq and selecting the best built in eq mode.

I tried the Victory and although better sounding out of the box, it does not beat the R+ with my eq setting. I tried making a eq setting for the Victory and could not make them sound as good as tge R+.

May 22, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #321 of 337
Is there anyone who has the tool to enable aptx ?

Would anyone be willing to do my pair if sent with shipping both ways ?

Unless the tool is cheap enoug and not hard to use.

I really like these headphones and the best sounding bluetooth I have tried yet and have tried a few. It does take some eq adjusments but they can really shine after eq and selecting the best built in eq mode.

I tried the Victory and although better sounding out of the box, it does not beat the R+ with my eq setting. I tried making a eq setting for the Victory and could not make them sound as good as tge R+.

You may contact Bluedio and ask if they still have them if you want one for yourself - postages included, it will probably cost you 40 to 50 US dollars. If they're not available anymore, or if you'd like me to do the procedure for you, I have one in my possession and would be very happy to assist. :) You'll have to cover postages to and from Finland, but in the end you'll end up with one of the very few pairs of R+ out there with aptX enabled - I can even punch your preferred EQ settings directly into the headphones if you like.

May 22, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #322 of 337
You may contact Bluedio and ask if they still have them if you want one for yourself - postages included, it will probably cost you 40 to 50 US dollars. If they're not available anymore, or if you'd like me to do the procedure for you, I have one in my possession and would be very happy to assist. :) You'll have to cover postages to and from Finland, but in the end you'll end up with one of the very few pairs of R+ out there with aptX enabled - I can even punch your preferred EQ settings directly into the headphones if you like.

Awesome offer! Thanks!

Finland eh, will have to see what postage would cost.

May 23, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #323 of 337

Awesome offer! Thanks!

Finland eh, will have to see what postage would cost.

Great, let me know when you've decided.

You mentioned Victory - did you test them at a store or have you bought a pair? I'd be interested in buying it off you if you've got no use for it.

May 23, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #324 of 337
I havent checked shipping, but my guess is it will be alot.

I returned the victory to Amazon. The touch pad to change tracks would not work. They didnt sound as good as the R+ anyway.

Jul 10, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #325 of 337
I have the Bluedio R+ Legend, and while using bluetooth there's a distinct 'hiss' from both ears while it's receiving sound/signal, especially noticeable when quiet. I've tried pairing it with various phones (currently using a Nexus 5X) but they all have the same problem. It doesn't do this over the audio cable. Would a firmware upgrade fix this, do I need to send it in for repair, or is this how all of them behave? I've read about bluetooth in hiss in general, but supposedly 4.0 is supposed to remedy that, and I can't seem to find anyone complaining about it for these headphones in particular.

Jul 31, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #326 of 337
Hello to all Bluedio lovers,

I just received my new Bluedio R+ Silver edition today. They sure are nice! I have read everything on this forum about
the "problems" people have with listening to the headphones. Too much bass, too thumpy, too much headache, having
to remove the felt etc.

Indeed, I also found by listening to the default settings that the bass is too much and too thumpy with the mids and highs
too soft in volume compared with the bass. Not very pleasant to listen to, especially for longer time.

BUT...TATA...I have tuned the app on my HTC One that I use (PowerAmp - which I can highly recommend for Android users...) and so I have found settings that I think work out very nice. Now I have much better sound. Still with nice subby bass, but not too thumpy so that it gives headache, because I don't like headache...but I DO like nice fat bass as I listen to Trance/Deep House/ Progressive a LOT!

I have made printscreens of the settings that I now use in Poweramp, like the bass and treble settings and Equalizer settings.
The volume of my HTC One I have cranked up quite a bit, because we need the mids and highs of the Bluedio R+ to come
through a little better. And the bass I have tamed with the equalizer settings while still giving a nice overall bass with the
general bass knob or however you call the knob. All is made clear in the 2 pictures. I have shared it with all of you so
that your experience with the Bluedio R+ will be a pleasant one. I enjoy my music VERY much now with these settings.

I have even uploaded the two pictures to my personal livedrive and created share-links so that you can download them as well:

Bass/Treble settings picture:
http://alturl.com/us8ax

Equalizer settings picture:
http://alturl.com/t3cc4

I also feel I don't have to remove the felt anymnore with these settings as I can hear more clearly the mids and highs
of the very decent tweeters that were build in these babies. Yeah...it really sounds nice now the way I want it...!!
I don't like to remove the felt as I am afraid I will ruin my beautiful headphones...and also the warranty will be void if I do so...

So that's why I thought there has to be a better way. I will share my thought process here with you: there are 8 decent
speakers build in the Bluedio R+. With 2 woofers and 6 tweeters in total. I reckoned that the speakers must be good enough
to come through the felt. Only, when you put up the volume with the default settings, the bass is headache giving...just
too much...even for me ...and believe me,...I LOVE bass...! So I thought: let's try to tame the bass so that I can crank the volume up and make the tweeters work harder so that the sound can come through the felt that's on them...(or so I read in this forum)

So I started to tweak the settings of my music app in Android - PowerAmp Pro..!! This app has really nice settings to tune your sound and it will be all you need to play your music...And that's what I did. I tuned it and tuned it untill it sounded nice...and believe me:
It SOUNDS NICE NOW !! I am listening to the Bluedio R+ as I write this and I have a nice big smile on my face - haha:atsmile:

Boy, am I happy that I bought the Bluedio R+ Legend 8 Track Revolution headphones. I really love em now !!! I am addicted now to the sound it gives...hahaha...really FAT SOUND !!:beyersmile:

You can of course adjust the settings a bit according to your likings as music is always a personal matter...:wink: Perhaps lower the bass a bit more or perhaps lower the highs a bit more. Also, you can set your preferred EQ on the R+ itself by pressing the Volume + and - buttons simultaneously. Go through the 5 EQ settings of the R+ AFTER setting PowerAmp up like in my pictures. And so chose your preferred EQ setting of the headphone. That's it! It should sound pretty Ok now! Like I wrote: I have the volume of my HTC almost all the way up, because the tweeters need good signals so
that they can be boosted. Also , the volume in Poweramp I have pretty high as I like to be able to set the end volume with the headphone Vol. buttons and this way I make sure enough signal is send to the headphone...:wink: (Sometimes I think I am brilliant - hehe)

Please let me know if you like my findings and if you like the sound of the R+ now...I would appreciate it...

I wish you Lots of Pleasure listening to the Bluedio R+ !!:beerchug:

Best regards,
John - developer Fisher Roulette Software (+ system engineer + sound engineer)

I have to thank John for these settings, I too have HTC One with the same Bluedio R+ and always found them a tad boomy on the base, followed the settings after buying PowerAmp Pro, WOW :grin::grin::grin:.
Being a teenager in the 70’s and discovering my music such as Bowie, Jean Michel Jare, Tangerine Dream, Genesis(Gabriel era) and listening to albums rather than just tracks, these settings pretty much took me back to being 19 with my Warfedale Denton speakers laying either side of my head on my bed so not to wake mum and dad, fed by speaker wire costing £12 a foot connected to Trio amp and Thorens turntable. Well just tried John's settings and they replicated Jean Michel Jare Equinoxe pretty much the same quality sound.
I have Raspberry pi DAC connected to hard drive with all albums in Flac format then through Tiny Dot Valve Amp with Sennheiser HD650’s for my home listening,and now these Bluedio headphones sound near as good for fraction what that lot cost.
Thanks again John, recommend others here try this setup.
tj

Nov 3, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #328 of 337
Hi purchased these this week. Only want them for the sd card function, which doesn't seem to work. Followed instructions green light sd card inserted etc. Green light comes on , no songs playing? Any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

Nov 4, 2016 at 2:09 AM Post #330 of 337
Dr. Faust:
Your link on Imageshack.us brings one to Imageshack.com. In otherwords the link is not working. If you will be kind enough to post the proper link. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back