Blue Jean Cable Belden 89259 vs LC-1 which one to buy?
Jan 7, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 5
I've owned the LC-1 for about a year and it has been great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicArmada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've owned the LC-1 for about a year and it has been great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had the Blue Jeans cable and I'd have to say it's a great cable at the price, especially considering that the connectors make up 75% of the cost. Nice sounding cable. I later switched the connectors to a Cardas cable and placed cheaper connectors on the 89259 wire and got the best bargain ever
tongue.gif

did either of you read what the OP asked?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cafe zeenuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like to ask you guys out there with those cables tell me which is a better cable, i like to buy one of those cables but don't know which one to get.

Cheers,

I don't know what the 89259 cable is, I don't see it on the analog interconnects page but between the LC-1 and the old recommended 1505F cables i can't hear any difference

both are very well constructed as mentioned above, with the 1505F being more flexible and thinner

Jan 7, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #5 of 5
You can find the info on 89259 by clicking on the "or shop by coax type" link on the BJC home page.....

"Belden 89259 is a plenum-rated RG-59 type video coax, with a stranded (7x30) centre conductor and bare copper braid shield, and with FEP (Teflon) dielectric and outer jacket. Belden 89259 has become popular in recent years for use in high-end audio interconnects."

IIRC, there was some info on the old version of the BJC site that implied they thought it was overkill. I'd just go for the LC-1 and save some money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back