Blue Circle Audio "PaG" Custom Headphone Amp - first impressions/ new pics!
Mar 25, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #76 of 148
Well, since none of us have the same amp, if you don't talk more about your amp, what else can we discuss then?  :D  

Just be patient..next month a new very poisoness thingie will be inserted into my rig..and i will do then a short comparision between that and what i have now here. :wink:

Mar 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #77 of 148
  Well, since none of us have the same amp, if you don't talk more about your amp, what else can we discuss then? 
biggrin.gif

Kung Fu and UFO sightings? "I saw a circle of blue light, it sped off to the right and vanished. That's when the frying pan appeared."

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #78 of 148
  Kung Fu and UFO sightings? "I saw a circle of blue light, it sped off to the right and vanished. That's when the frying pan appeared."

"The frying pan is the last thing I remember before waking up in the field with this strange blue circle tattoo on my forehead."

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #79 of 148
"The frying pan is the last thing I remember before waking up in the field with this strange blue circle tattoo on my forehead."

u guys kill me :D

Mar 25, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #80 of 148
u guys kill me
biggrin.gif

We would never kill you, that's your wife's job and to do that slowly, without mercy. You may have thought that 120 dB SPL was the threshold of pain, guess what, thay can yell much louder than Bose Active Noice Cancelation can cope with.

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #81 of 148
We could talk about how much fun you could have with 650k capacitance. Have seen some really wicked videos with capacitors frying stuff :wink:

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #82 of 148
We could talk about how much fun you could have with 650k capacitance. Have seen some really wicked videos with capacitors frying stuff :wink:

to be honest..gilbert did warn me not to touch bare parts of the psu after switching off, but wait a bit, as it could be a bit..well... u fill in what u can get..hehehehe

Mar 25, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #83 of 148
Don't know how much voltage they deliver.. But it'll probably be lethal. I know the caps in my Stax amp are.

Mar 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #84 of 148
Don't know how much voltage they deliver.. But it'll probably be lethal. I know the caps in my Stax amp are.

Probably even more dangerous, so dry your hair before strapping on electrostatics. 
eek.gif

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #85 of 148

Probably even more dangerous, so dry your hair before strapping on electrostatics. 
eek.gif

Welcome to my electric chair 
evil_smiley.gif

Well, as a matter of fact there are resistors between output and earspeakers to my knowledge.

Maybe I could have Gilbert make an e-stat amp or perhaps e-stat + dynamic amp based on an output transformer coupled amp, taking the output for the 'stat before the output transformers and the output for the dynamic part after the output transformer or something?

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #86 of 148
  Welcome to my electric chair 
evil_smiley.gif

Well, as a matter of fact there are resistors between output and earspeakers to my knowledge.

Maybe I could have Gilbert make an e-stat amp or perhaps e-stat + dynamic amp based on an output transformer coupled amp, taking the output for the 'stat before the output transformers and the output for the dynamic part after the output transformer or something?

Whatever the value of the resistor, it must be high enough to limit the current flowing into one's body, in case of a mishap. I'm not sure it'll be high enough and still satisfy a set of cans. We need volunteers for some experiments. 
evil_smiley.gif

Ask Gilbert to add a flyback transformer from an old tube TV's high voltage supply. 
eek.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #87 of 148
nice write up, look forward to the next bit of impressions

Thanks! It is my first ever review..
But Damn..do i see u have the mk1 version of the sr007 and a sr009? Impressive!!! Lucky man!! as i heard those two are best sounding staxes ever, according to many...hope to hear one of them one day..and who knows get myself a sr009 myself with the right (hawaii) amp one day :wink: or get the WEE from wooaudio and use my amp to drive them..
Once again..thanks for the nice words...

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #88 of 148
no prob man 
yeah i have the 009 and the 007 is the mk1 version, they are both great just different flavors 
i was reading a few post up and i vouch that getting shocked buy a stat amp isnt fun, my diy blue hawaii has the bias trim pots way down in it and i touched something by accident a week or so ago and got a good hit (im fine)
one of my buddy uses a wee with his amp to power a 007 and jade and it works well from what i can tell, might be good with your "pag" custom amp too
keep up the good work

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #89 of 148
Apr 2, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #90 of 148
Thanks...only sr007 has revisions..was a slip up of the pen..i mean keyboard :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back