Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Aug 2, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #692 of 1,134
How would you rate tg-38s compared with M2C or BEs?

I so badly wanted the tg38s to be giant killers that I actually convinced myself that they were better than the M2C's and that couldn't be farther from the truth. I spent so much time with them hoping the sound coming out of them would mature to the point that I could eventually understand why some were holding them in such high regard, but that never happened.

After 150 hours of burn in, my conclusion is that the bass is stronger and vocals are clearer on the tingo's than they are on the m2C, but everything else is just a hot mess. One of the most frustrating earbuds I've ever encountered and I spent way too much time on them trying to eliminate their shortcomings through EQ Tweaks, amps, etc. only to realize that a balanced earbud like Blox's M2C require very little to make them sound good. After 200 hours of burn in with the M2C's, I can safely say that the TG-38's will never be anywhere near my ears again as long as I live.

I look forward to experiencing Blox's future flagship model.

Aug 2, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #693 of 1,134
I so badly wanted the tg38s to be giant killers that I actually convinced myself that they were better than the M2C's and that couldn't be farther from the truth. I spent so much time with them hoping the sound coming out of them would mature to the point that I could eventually understand why some were holding them in such high regard, but that never happened.

After 150 hours of burn in, my conclusion is that the bass is stronger and vocals are clearer on the tingo's than they are on the m2C, but everything else is just a hot mess. One of the most frustrating earbuds I've ever encountered and I spent way too much time on them trying to eliminate their shortcomings through EQ Tweaks, amps, etc. only to realize that a balanced earbud like Blox's M2C require very little to make them sound good. After 200 hours of burn in with the M2C's, I can safely say that the TG-38's will never be anywhere near my ears again as long as I live.

If you've heard the Dasetn M760, I'd be interested in hearing your impressions compared to both the M2C and TG38S. I also found the Tingo Croons a bit too hot and artificial sounding to really fully enjoy, but use the M760 instead now. 

Aug 2, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #694 of 1,134
Tingo tg-38s have their use as well as m760. I just use tingo when i don't care if they are damaged , like going to the bitch or the gym :p . The negative factor for me is as most of the members have said the artificial sound , they don't sound natural to my ears 

Aug 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #695 of 1,134

Wow, your experience with tg38s gives me some appreciation; hype happens, as they want it. I could picture your endeavour and disappointment with tg38s. M2C's performance is out of question. As one of those looking forward to the next Blox's flagship model, I might regret having skipped BE7.

Aug 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #696 of 1,134
I have both the TG38S and M760 with red cable but idk if it is the "good" M760 or the "bad" one but either way, it outperforms the tingo. The tingo is very bright, almost too bright for my liking and sounds "tinny" but remains very detailed and just dark enough to not be fatiguing. The bass is almost non existent, less than the apple earpods and M760. The M760 on the other hand is very well balanced across the spectrum and is a fun earbud to listen to. It isn't as detailed as the tingos but it is darker, which gives it that fun sound. There is plenty of bass to work with and it doesnt leak into the mids at all. The bass becomes much fuller and textured with the foams on. Still burning these two in and have a BE5 arriving very soon. Will post impressions soon. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #697 of 1,134
Got the M2C out after a very long time. They are probably the most "expansive" sounding buds I own. I really like them for watching movies.

Cable still sucks though. Winter now so beanies and hoodies help to keep them in place.

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #698 of 1,134

Wow, your experience with tg38s gives me some appreciation; hype happens, as they want it. I could picture your endeavour and disappointment with tg38s. M2C's performance is out of question. As one of those looking forward to the next Blox's flagship model, I might regret having skipped BE7.

BE7 are back on sale now...

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #699 of 1,134
There's something called the Blox BE3 now - Gonna drop Woo a ring and see what I can find out from them. :D

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #702 of 1,134
Seems that the Blox BE3 is a smoother, more fun type of sound. Woo described it to have a recessed top-end (but not lacking extension), warm, smooth, separation and soundstage carries the BE lineup of Blox.

Totally slipped my mind to ask about the comparison against the M2C though - At 37USD it's pretty cheap (more so than a pair of Yuin PK3) so I'll grab one for myself and one for the missus.

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #703 of 1,134
The left side cable of my beloved Blox M2C has split at the entry point into the earbud. I tried to recable (like i used to on several occasions for my Sony earbud). Unfortunately i completely destroyed the driver while trying to open the earbud. Does anyone know if the cable on the new Blox line-ups (BE5,etc) are better. I would probably hit the buy button for the BE3 as soon as we get to know how it compares to the M2C.

Aug 25, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #704 of 1,134
For those who are asking:

Caught up with Woo again - He did mention the BE3 in his opinion is above the M2C for a lower price - Having a wider soundstage, deeper bass impact, overall a smoother, more relaxing listen.

Ordered two, will find out for myself. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back