Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Jul 1, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #646 of 1,134
Well usually they take preference out of it. So, if true, a bigger stage would be deemed as better, if it is clearer Woo would state that as better, the separation, etc. Until I find my new portable that can match with my TC100, I'll say the TG38S is better for outside. The bigger stage and airiness thin it out and I prefer the TG38S as it has the thickness to be absorbed/cancelled out by external noise. So, the bigger clearer sounding one is the choice at home. Preference and usage come into play. An analytical listen in a place with no external noise and the TC100 is a clear upgrade in technical ability, lower reach on the bass, bigger stage, more accurate in tone and positioning, mids aren't recessed and are cleaner, resolution and transparency are greater, more impact even if they are thinner and more separated down low. Yet the TG-38S is "better" for on the go.

Do you listen to the tc100 amped? Although I find the mid of the tc100 better than the 38s I don't feel the tc100 have better lower reach on the bass. However I listen unamped.

Jul 1, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #647 of 1,134
Do you listen to the tc100 amped? Although I find the mid of the tc100 better than the 38s I don't feel the tc100 have better lower reach on the bass. However I listen unamped.

Have no amps at the moment. Same portables, same brand foams on them both(not the Tingo ones). Unfortunately there could be fit differences or possibly production variance at play. Easy to hear on mine. In fact, I doubt I have heard another bud go lower whether it be BLOX, Yuin, Senn, Sony, Hisound, etc. I have a "good" pair of Tenore on hand and they are known for nice sub bass reach and emphasis and they don't beat my TC100. Might say the Mikro 90 didn't beat them either but I sold those only comparing to the TG38S.

I have about six sources and like to average out the performance and account for synergy etc. Possibly a source sub-bass roll off like on some Cowon and other sources would be the cause. I do have one that does that and the two are pretty even but it is the players fault. Might not be the thing but possible.

Shame that we can't do more than state our experiences and say to try them out cause they are cheap(my TC100 was $14.43 before the fees and shipping) enough but being DIY or from a more DIY company they might a bit risky. Seems even the Tenore have a noticeable performance variation. They are also a smaller company. What can ya do but hope for the best sometimes? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #648 of 1,134
From this thread and others, I gather that the TM7 is definitely the flagship, best BLOX earphone. The BE5 is a bit warmer than the BE7, which are both currently in stock. 

I listen mostly to EDM but a little bit of everything and like something a bit more on the analytical side, doesn't need to be Dre Beats' bass heavy but not bass-weak. Based on my listening preferences, it seems like the BE7 is the better bet than the BE5. Would this assessment be correct?

However, I am also looking at the Hisoundaudio Living and Paa-1 Pro, Audio Technica ATH-CM707, and Yuin series. (These specific earbuds were chosen based on their current availability.) Any recommendations regarding which I should get?

NOTE: I will be listening to these earbuds mostly through an unamped, Galaxy S4 and Nexus 7 at work, though do have desktop amp/DAC's I'll listen through on occasion.

EDIT: I have smallish ears and found the Yuin PK3 difficult to position for ideal listening with the donut cushion on. 

Jul 7, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #649 of 1,134
  From this thread and others, I gather that the TM7 is definitely the flagship, best BLOX earphone. The BE5 is a bit warmer than the BE7, which are both currently in stock. 

I listen mostly to EDM but a little bit of everything and like something a bit more on the analytical side, doesn't need to be Dre Beats' bass heavy but not bass-weak. Based on my listening preferences, it seems like the BE7 is the better bet than the BE5. Would this assessment be correct?

However, I am also looking at the Hisoundaudio Living and Paa-1 Pro, Audio Technica ATH-CM707, and Yuin series. (These specific earbuds were chosen based on their current availability.) Any recommendations regarding which I should get?

NOTE: I will be listening to these earbuds mostly through an unamped, Galaxy S4 and Nexus 7 at work, though do have desktop amp/DAC's I'll listen through on occasion.

EDIT: I have smallish ears and found the Yuin PK3 difficult to position for ideal listening with the donut cushion on. 

I'm also interested the Living, Paa1 pro and CM707 comparison to the BE5 and TM7! I don't know which one to buy haha

Jul 8, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #650 of 1,134

Get the BE7 then, they have a more natural sound, good bass, detail and soundstage, you can easily pick out instruments with these. They are better than BE5 overall both in details and soundstage. In terms of sound signature, BE5's vocal is more youthful sounding, the upper mids is emphasis a bit, so not as linear as BE7. BE7 is very linear but still has the warmth, to me they are very musical and is a good all-rounder.

I have tried Living before, they are very thin and bright, has very little bass quantity, they do have very good resolution but they are just too thin and bright, maybe putting on foams will make it better (I don't use foams on earbuds back then) but I doubt that would totally fix the brightness. Based on memory, Living is probably on par with BE5 technically but can't match BE7.

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #651 of 1,134

Get the BE7 then, they have a more natural sound, good bass, detail and soundstage, you can easily pick out instruments with these. They are better than BE5 overall both in details and soundstage. In terms of sound signature, BE5's vocal is more youthful sounding, the upper mids is emphasis a bit, so not as linear as BE7. BE7 is very linear but still has the warmth, to me they are very musical and is a good all-rounder.

I have tried Living before, they are very thin and bright, has very little bass quantity, they do have very good resolution but they are just too thin and bright, maybe putting on foams will make it better (I don't use foams on earbuds back then) but I doubt that would totally fix the brightness. Based on memory, Living is probably on par with BE5 technically but can't match BE7.

I have the BE5 and like it very much. From your assessment the sound has been improved while retaining the musicality. I think I might bite on the BE7 and hand the BE5 to my nephew, a novice audiophile who enjoyed the Monster Inspiration for its warmth and smooth treble.

Also, for those who have trouble keeping earbuds in their ear and/or feel the bass is lost due to the openness of earbuds, Yurbuds enhancers help. The BE5 hurt my ear without it. The only downside I notice is that the open soundstage is slightly diminished since it directs the sound into the ear canal.

Jul 8, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #652 of 1,134

I have the BE5 and like it very much. From your assessment the sound has been improved while retaining the musicality. I think I might bite on the BE7 and hand the BE5 to my nephew, a novice audiophile who enjoyed the Monster Inspiration for its warmth and smooth treble.

Also, for those who have trouble keeping earbuds in their ear and/or feel the bass is lost due to the openness of earbuds, Yurbuds enhancers help. The BE5 hurt my ear without it. The only downside I notice is that the open soundstage is slightly diminished since it directs the sound into the ear canal.

Which yurbuds did you buy? And do they fit flush on the BE5/BE7? I'm still deciding if i should just buy the BE7/BE5/BM7 or the CM707

Jul 8, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #653 of 1,134
Jul 8, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #654 of 1,134

In terms of sound signature I can only speak for myself that I prefer the more neutral and some might argue more bland mids of BE7. It sounds more serious and less colored. Other people may enjoy the tuning of BE5 more. But the important thing is that Woo said BE7 is not as warm as BE5, that doesn't mean BE7 is cold or thin, to me the mids sounds full and well integrated into the spectrum.

Jul 8, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #655 of 1,134

http://yurbuds.com/products/enhancers/limited-edition-series-replacement-enhancers/

for $10 you get 2 pairs. Amazon and ebay will charge ~$15 for only one pair. It fits perfectly for BE5. Since BE7 is exact same housing/external, it should fit. If you want different colors, then try the other series enhancers.

Thank you! I couldn't seem to find it on their website. I just saw the more expensive enhancers. Just wondering, which enhancer type did you get? Theres like ambient aware and like XL, etc. Guessing this is just how much they isolate? No point in getting XL for maximum isolation when you could just buy a pair of IEMs...

Jul 8, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #656 of 1,134
Thank you! I couldn't seem to find it on their website. I just saw the more expensive enhancers. Just wondering, which enhancer type did you get? Theres like ambient aware and like XL, etc. Guessing this is just how much they isolate? No point in getting XL for maximum isolation when you could just buy a pair of IEMs...

I got the limited series Ambient Aware size 5. I really like the fact that I can enjoy music and still be aware of my surroundings at work. I tend to grab the BE5 more than my IEMs (GR07BE, XBA-4, SteelSeries Flux, VSD1S...). Of course on plane trips, XBA-4 and Flux block out most of the engine noise.

Jul 8, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #657 of 1,134
I got the limited series Ambient Aware size 5. I really like the fact that I can enjoy music and still be aware of my surroundings at work. I tend to grab the BE5 more than my IEMs (GR07BE, XBA-4, SteelSeries Flux, VSD1S...). Of course on plane trips, XBA-4 and Flux block out most of the engine noise.

Oh right. Does it improve both comfort and sound of your BE5s? And do they fit perfectly? I have had tips fallen off my IEMs in the past when taking them out of my pocket and I feel like that is what will happen with these yurbuds?

Jul 8, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #658 of 1,134

Oh right. Does it improve both comfort and sound of your BE5s? And do they fit perfectly? I have had tips fallen off my IEMs in the past when taking them out of my pocket and I feel like that is what will happen with these yurbuds?

Above is my post on page 38. As you can see it wraps all the way around for a secure fit onto the BE5. I have to have these connected in order for them to stay more than 5 minutes on my ear. I love that it redirects the sound especially the bass back into the ear canal. You can still clearly hear things around you, which I like about earbuds.

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #659 of 1,134

Above is my post on page 38. As you can see it wraps all the way around for a secure fit onto the BE5. I have to have these connected in order for them to stay more than 5 minutes on my ear. I love that it redirects the sound especially the bass back into the ear canal. You can still clearly hear things around you, which I like about earbuds.

Right, thank you. I think the soundstage will be diminished quite drastically since the sound is being directed towards your ear canal. You think this is true? And can you wear these for hours without discomfort?

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #660 of 1,134
Right, thank you. I think the soundstage will be diminished quite drastically since the sound is being directed towards your ear canal. You think this is true? And can you wear these for hours without discomfort?

The one downside is that the sound becomes a little more intimate. But the comfort is worth it. Also, without it my right side easily falls off. But with these I have to tug really hard for them to come off. For me, these are a must have accessory if I were to use earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back