Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7, B160/B320)
Jan 19, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #499 of 1,134
I have received my M2C a week ago delivery took about 3 weeks,they were sent from Thailand.
Very nice bud, a bit big but actually comfy.
Mids and highs are good, bass is ok with the sponges (I have cut them in the middle).
The whole frequency range seems a little too compressed.. 2D like, so its lacking a bit of "distinguishable ness" 
I don't know what was the fuss about the big soundstage but its ok nothing more, maybe the lack of depth might obscure my perception of it.

Nothing really stands out nor the mids from the highs, the bass from the mids and vice versa but its like the whole blend work out well together.
And that's what make them kinda fun little buds.
When i want a bit more of awareness and less isolation,not IEM "block-out" its my go to pair. 
Listening to some eurodance on it bring me back to the 90s instantly,reminds me the exact sound i use to get with my good old walkman and sony buds,
priceless nostalgia IMO 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #500 of 1,134
My ANV3se turned out to have a fault and are back with Woo. Awaiting replacements.

Ade

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #504 of 1,134
  I'm patiently waiting for the new flagship, Blox BXIII (or maybe they'll name it something different by launch). I've got more than enough earbuds to keep me busy until then. I always wonder how the M2C compare to the PK1 though. 

Do you have any info on these BXIII ,expected release date and such .you got me curious?

I don't own the PK1 so I cannot help you that .

~160$ on a bud still seems to me a bit too much as I always get the feeling I might get a better IEM at that price.
I'll have to take the plunge one day to see what all the fuss is about.

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #505 of 1,134
   Do you have any info on these BXIII ,expected release date and such .you got me curious?

I don't own the PK1 so I cannot help you that .

~160$ on a bud still seems to me a bit too much as I always get the feeling I might get a better IEM at that price.
I'll have to take the plunge one day to see what all the fuss is about.

No one knows about the price, but reading some of the posts on this forum by people who have talked to Woo seem to say that they'll be released sometime in winter 2014 (so not too long from now ideally if no delays occur). 

Jan 21, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #506 of 1,134
I will keep my eyes peeled for those then. Loved the ANV3se sound and earbuds work for me unlike IEMs which cause irritation.

Ade

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #508 of 1,134
  According to Woo, the February release is not a new flagship, just another model.
The new flagship is still in development, ETA unknown.

Oh I didn't know about that. So there is apparently a completely brand new model Blox is releasing just weeks from now? But it's not the top model? So does that make the BXIII the February model release or the later released flagship? I don't understand why Blox would use up time and research to release another model when the M2C/ANV3se is a good lower end product for people who don't want to buy their flagship. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #509 of 1,134
  Oh I didn't know about that. So there is apparently a completely brand new model Blox is releasing just weeks from now? But it's not the top model? So does that make the BXIII the February model release or the later released flagship? I don't understand why Blox would use up time and research to release another model when the M2C/ANV3se is a good lower end product for people who don't want to buy their flagship. 

I don't know which one is BXIII, but judging by the name, it can be another earphone like BI3, not an earbud.

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #510 of 1,134
  I have received my M2C a week ago delivery took about 3 weeks,they were sent from Thailand.
Very nice bud, a bit big but actually comfy.
Mids and highs are good, bass is ok with the sponges (I have cut them in the middle).
The whole frequency range seems a little too compressed.. 2D like, so its lacking a bit of "distinguishable ness" 
I don't know what was the fuss about the big soundstage but its ok nothing more, maybe the lack of depth might obscure my perception of it.

Nothing really stands out nor the mids from the highs, the bass from the mids and vice versa but its like the whole blend work out well together.
And that's what make them kinda fun little buds.
When i want a bit more of awareness and less isolation,not IEM "block-out" its my go to pair. 
Listening to some eurodance on it bring me back to the 90s instantly,reminds me the exact sound i use to get with my good old walkman and sony buds,
priceless nostalgia IMO 
smily_headphones1.gif

I too managed to land these, and only 2 weeks after my last pair crapped out on me, so am well chuffed with myself. Have only been listening through them this morning, and Woo did assure me that they have been tuned differently to the original M2C's, but straight out of the box there appears to be a greater amount of bass in these newly tuned buds... They've had zero burn-in (as of yet), so am hopeful that the analytical detail of the original bud will come through in time, although I can't remember the last pair sounding as well rounded out of the box as this pair are. Delighted to see that they've changed the cabling to the more rubbery and flexible type plastic (TPE is it).

I agree with ForceMajeure - the soundstage to my ears is not the same as my last pair, although in fairness they had had an awful lot of use over the past 2 years and were in peak listening condition before the left bud gave out, due to the cable not having near enough flex I reckon.

If anyone can suggest a way I could possibly open the buds housing in order to repair them I'd be delighted to hear it, they were a lovely pair of buds and a pity to have to consign to the bin so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back