BLOX BI3 Review
Aug 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #16 of 34
so these needs amp to sound their best? i wonder how it will sound straight from my cube c30? i'm planning to get an e17 but its hard to hold on one of those locally. unfortunately my blox bi3 still have not arrived.

Aug 21, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #21 of 34
I don't understand why feedback is missing about those Blox, they are simply amazing for the price, far better than E212 or M6 out of the box. To be fair I still need to give some time for E212 to burn in.
Bass is impactful maybe a bit too much in quantity, not bleeding into mids, mids are slightly recessed, highs are great with details,clarity & details are very good for the price,  soundstage is impressive (large & depth) with a nice separation. The fit is perfect for me, isolation is good then, 

Aug 22, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:
I don't understand why feedback is missing about those Blox, they are simply amazing for the price, far better than E212 or M6 out of the box. To be fair I still need to give some time for E212 to burn in.
Bass is impactful maybe a bit too much in quantity, not bleeding into mids, mids are slightly recessed, highs are great with details,clarity & details are very good for the price,  soundstage is impressive (large & depth) with a nice separation. The fit is perfect for me, isolation is good then, 

My concern is that they seem to need a amp to sound at their best......

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #25 of 34
         when i got home i saw my blox bi3 for the first time, and my sister is using it and said to me how ugly the sound was, she said that the volume is too low straight from her cellphone. i tried it with my c30 and heard that the volume is indeed low, but i can get a decent volume at around 80-85% of my max volume.( my normal listening level was 50-60%).
         first impression about it is its tiny size, and the memory wire which reminded me of my very first high end iem, the triplefi, and which i really hated but the bi3 is more tolerable because of its tiny size. i wonder where we could get a replacement cable for them.
         about the sound, i only listened to it for a brief moment and what i immediately noticed is the edginess of the higher mids. the soundstage and separation i think is decent, but i never really listened to it that long because i think my blox is defective. my right ear can get a good seal like that of the triplefi and when you push it into your ear you can feel a pressure, but my left ear cannot get that seal no matter what i do, the seal is like that of the gr07 that just sit there in your ears but does not really seal and i can push it into my ear without feeling any pressure. i tried using the right earpiece into my left ear and the left earpiece into my right ear and now the left ear can get a seal and my right ear cannot so i figured it must be the earphones.
         now i don't know what to do since i have never sent anything abroad and i will have to wait for a very long time again if i sent them for warranty, i'm very disappointed with them and i don't know what i will do with them
frown.gif
. the only thing that's consoling me right now is the jvc s500 that's already on its way.

Aug 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #26 of 34
Quote:
         when i got home i saw my blox bi3 for the first time, and my sister is using it and said to me how ugly the sound was, she said that the volume is too low straight from her cellphone. i tried it with my c30 and heard that the volume is indeed low, but i can get a decent volume at around 80-85% of my max volume.( my normal listening level was 50-60%).
         first impression about it is its tiny size, and the memory wire which reminded me of my very first high end iem, the triplefi, and which i really hated but the bi3 is more tolerable because of its tiny size. i wonder where we could get a replacement cable for them.
         about the sound, i only listened to it for a brief moment and what i immediately noticed is the edginess of the higher mids. the soundstage and separation i think is decent, but i never really listened to it that long because i think my blox is defective. my right ear can get a good seal like that of the triplefi and when you push it into your ear you can feel a pressure, but my left ear cannot get that seal no matter what i do, the seal is like that of the gr07 that just sit there in your ears but does not really seal and i can push it into my ear without feeling any pressure. i tried using the right earpiece into my left ear and the left earpiece into my right ear and now the left ear can get a seal and my right ear cannot so i figured it must be the earphones.
         now i don't know what to do since i have never sent anything abroad and i will have to wait for a very long time again if i sent them for warranty, i'm very disappointed with them and i don't know what i will do with them
frown.gif
. the only thing that's consoling me right now is the jvc s500 that's already on its way.

Just buy yourself a pair of Philips SHE3590 (8$ on Amazon, 12$ on Ebay) with double-flange Meelec/Brainwavz tips:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEElectronics-Eartips-for-Sports-Fi-S6-M6-M6P-A161P-A151-earphones-Black-/130745455297

It has much better SQ and ergonomics.

After 500 hours of burning BI3, it sounds much better than before, but still inferior to SHE3590.

Aug 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #27 of 34
lol
bigsmile_face.gif
i told you i have already bought it
beerchug.gif
yeah it sounds nice and at times amazing :) i used the sony like tips from the gr07 because for me it makes it sound bigger. after some listening to the bi3 i think i may enjoy the sound, it is slightly different from what i'm currently used to. it has good soundstage and separation, although the upper mids remind me of the triplefi and the sibilance of the gr07, but more tolerable. i would prefer it to be less aggressive on the upper mids because it's stopping me from turning the volume louder. Oh and by the way i bought my SHE3590 for approx. 16$ from a local store
frown.gif

i have already emailed blox and Woo Fei told me to destroy the left earpiece and he will send me a new left ear piece. here are the pics

on a side note, after breaking the left earpiece i noticed that the hinge can actually swivel a little, but maybe the glue is preventing it from swiveling before i broke it.

Oct 13, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #29 of 34
Could someone who still has these do me a solid and measure the diameter and length of the connectors. Thanks! 

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #30 of 34
i don't know how to measure it but i'll just post a comparison between blox anv3se, bi3, gr07 and a 6.3mm adapter.

it's a little longer than the gr07 in width, and it's almost half the height of gr07.
it's not comfortable for me though, so i almost never use it. I hate the memory wire, and the placement of the removable cable, it prevents you from having a deeper fit.
whenever i use it (very seldom) i use it like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back