Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Apr 4, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #6,076 of 6,129
I recently got myself the Blon01 to use with my phone at work for a quick listen when the oppoty, I mean opportunity arises. So far I am really enjoying them, coming from a WM1Z and IER-Z1R I thought I might end up nitpicking them to bits but for most part they are doing the job very well and with certain tracks are very pleasing to my ears.
I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet and was looking to replace that cable before it drives me nuts. I started to go down the road of the silver vs copper dilemma etc but have decided to go with function first and get one with the volume/pause remote as this will be extremely useful, I've seen this one on Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001727329680.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.45c63c00eJo8iG&mp=1

Can anyone please tell me if this will be thicker and better handling that the tangly stock one? I am open to any other suggestions thanks.

Apr 4, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #6,077 of 6,129
I recently got myself the Blon01 to use with my phone at work for a quick listen when the oppoty, I mean opportunity arises. So far I am really enjoying them, coming from a WM1Z and IER-Z1R I thought I might end up nitpicking them to bits but for most part they are doing the job very well and with certain tracks are very pleasing to my ears.
I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet and was looking to replace that cable before it drives me nuts. I started to go down the road of the silver vs copper dilemma etc but have decided to go with function first and get one with the volume/pause remote as this will be extremely useful, I've seen this one on Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001727329680.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.45c63c00eJo8iG&mp=1

Can anyone please tell me if this will be thicker and better handling that the tangly stock one? I am open to any other suggestions thanks.

I don't have that particular cable from NiceHCK but all the NiceHCK 8 core cables I do own usually don't become a tangly mess so long as I do a three or four-finger wrap and it keep it stored in a case/container.

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #6,078 of 6,129
Don't need to be chi-fi to have chronic QC issues. Onkyo Headphones from 2013 come to mind. They had MMCX connectors in the cups and had multiple failures reported. I personally had three pairs with the problem before i returned them for a refund. Found a second hand pair last year. Same issue, lose connectors cutting out. Good thing they were $3 by that time and even my most budget set of iems sounded much better than them.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #6,079 of 6,129
Got a second pair of BL-03s to tide me over until I can afford something a bit more expensive. I first bought these back when they came out and wasn't a huge fan so I got rid of them pretty fast, but now I've got some IEM experience under my belt and more importantly, a drawer full of extra tips so I figured I might as well check them out again. Enjoying them so far with the Azla Xelastec tips. Can anyone recommend any tips that push even more warmth to the mids? I'd particularly like to push the vocals a bit forward, they're pretty intimate as it is but I want MORE!

edit: the ePro horn-shaped tips sound much better, but these dang things slip off the IEMs super easily

SpinFit CP100 work pretty well.

They are a bit longer which helps get a decent fit. Reasonably small internal diameter (3.8mm),which grips very well. That will help if you need to put an O-ring under the tip to go even deeper!

Apr 17, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #6,080 of 6,129
SpinFit CP100 work pretty well.

They are a bit longer which helps get a decent fit. Reasonably small internal diameter (3.8mm),which grips very well. That will help if you need to put an O-ring under the tip to go even deeper!
This is the exact combination that I use with excellent results. The O-ring saves a lot of shoving.

Apr 18, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #6,081 of 6,129

NiceHK make nice cables.

If you want an "L" plug (which I find better if I'm using it in my phone).
JCALLY do a 16 (or 8) core black cable with mic.
TRN do a black 6 core with mic.

I have both and they are half the price of the NiceHCK.

Jun 27, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #6,082 of 6,129
I think I was a bit unfair to my BL-07, I'm able to withstand the treble. Specific (still in Blon style) and effective sound, definitely good for its price. Personally, after brain burn-in, I like them more than the BL-05S, which are flatter.
I like their design too.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #6,084 of 6,129
If I may ask, by that you mean focus on details and space rather than tone?
It has good timbre (Blon style), and good detail/texture in whole range and bold bass. It's quite unicany sound. It would reminded me, if that would be a picture (I'm a bit synesthetic person), good lightened things in darkness. Not as usually pastel blured colours.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #6,085 of 6,129
graph.png

Wonder if there's any IEM that sounds like how I EQ my BL-03...

Jul 2, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #6,089 of 6,129
Can you share you EQ so we can try and see how it sounds? It looks interesting.
It's the first file I sent... I think

If you can't import them, these can be viewed in a notepad. But I'd suggest Peace GUI/Equalizer APO if you don't have already for Windows. Crinacle confirmed Apple users may have to EQ manually viewing the files created. Never made Wavelet work on my cellphone.

Felt like may some of them also prove useful as well due to my BL-03 being heavily modified at this point, and thus apparently a bit brighter as result.

The first file has a notch at 9.5kHz due to a resonance probably related to insertion depth or whatever, so you may need to move that notch around due to I believe being insertion depth thing. Sound wavelength I assume.

Attachments

• BLON BL-03 Preference attempt 5.txt
    896 bytes · Views: 0
  • BLON BL-03 Filters.txt
    497 bytes · Views: 0
  • BLON BL-03 Filters-Harman attempt 1.txt
    499 bytes · Views: 0
  • BLON BL-03 Harman attempt 2.txt
    499 bytes · Views: 0
  • BLON BL-03 IEF XB.txt
    644 bytes · Views: 0
  • BLON BL-03 Neutral Attempt 2.txt
    692 bytes · Views: 0
  • BLON BL-03 Preference attempt 1.txt
    644 bytes · Views: 0
  • BLON BL-03 Preference attempt 3.txt
    692 bytes · Views: 0
  • BLON BL-03 Preference attempt 4.txt
    846 bytes · Views: 0
Jul 15, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #6,090 of 6,129
I have the bl03, bl max and bl07. I find the bl03 and bl max are much better tuned than the bl07.

Here is sound demo Bl07 vs Aria

I have the bl03, bl max and bl07. I find the bl03 and bl max are much better tuned than the bl07.

Here is sound demo Bl07 vs Aria

For a 01, 03, 05 user.

07s are the more special tuning of blon ever. Not bloated bass, a little bit piercing but nice subbass and extreme detail.

One of a kind.
Well i just got the bl05s, i currently own bl03 and MAX and a pair or QKZ VK4s.
Bought the bl05s because of the reviews and wanted to upgrade, they are really impressive, they sound a touch bright and neutral with really good mids i must say, they are not hot or sibilant to my ears and i do listen to them loud, it may an unpopular opinion but BL MAX sound really great to me, to me the imaging is clearly the same between bl05s and the MAX although i read somewhere bl05s had much better and the soundstage also feels more spacious on the MAX and I also think that the treble on both is more similar than i expected yes the tonality of the bl05s is a touch bit better in the upper treble but resolution is quite or close to same, the mids are really REALLY good on the bl05s and mids are the weakest point of the BL MAX thats feels slightly thin but its not like cold or lacking really much. The bass on the bl05s extends really good and is quite faster than the MAX but max's Bass is quite strange, its really slow and with good punch but the elevation in the really sub region is just awesome, they go really low and with really good smoothness without the midbass bleed of the bl03, yes the bass is slow but with the right insertion and tips they are really amazing. The bl05s for my taste doesnt provide the sheer volume of the bass yes they are faster than bl03 and also the MAX but lacking in impact and volume i guess with a nice dac I can EQ them. If the MAX had the mids of the bl03 and little faster bass they would be perfect for me.

Conclusion:
After going back and fourth between the MAX and the 05s i have concluded that:

• Imaging is quite the same sometimes feels better on the MAX (which is to say really good).
  • Soundstage is better on the MAX.
  • 05s takes the win on the mids MAXs vocals sound a little thinner.
  • Treble is good on both but i think 05s wins but by a very little margin.
  • Bass extension is quite similar on both.
  • Bass speed is faster on the 05s by a good margin.
  • LUSH is what good to describe the bass of the MAX is more controlled than 03s and slower than both and in technicalities i guess worse than 05s but it is an experience indeed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back