Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
May 19, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #5,701 of 6,129
I wanna like foam tips but my Dekoni Bulletz died after 2 months of use while all Silicone tips I've used last virtually forever.
Yeah, I'd pretty much converted completely to silicone for the same reasons, but I couldn't find one that worked with the BL03, so I'm happy to take the rec to try the New Bee ones.

That being said, I had forgotten I have some Final E's that are now working alright with the BL03, maybe they'll be the winner for me..

May 19, 2021 at 6:00 PM Post #5,702 of 6,129
I use foams because they do a great job of conforming to my ears...and they don't give me sweaty ears like silicones. When using silicones, my ear canals become moist and my iems don't stay in place. There's no rigorous excercise involved here; it's just me sitting and listening to music for several hours. Foams fit me better because I can roll them with my fingers and they expand to the contours of my ear canals. I clean them after I use them with just a soft dishcloth and water. They get replaced every 2-4 months, depending on how often I'm using a particular iem. I've got Newbees on everything from my Fearless S8P ($600+ CDN) down to my KBEAR KS1 ($17 CDN). They sound awesome with everything because they have a great fit that stays in my ears.

May 20, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #5,703 of 6,129
  • My listening sessions top out at 90 minutes, regardless of equipment, before a 10 minute rest between. While in transportation, this may involve silencing the player without removing the IEMs.
  • They usually have to measure at least 13.5mm diameter. But when they do I can secure them into my ears faster than you can blink and I don't worry about them at all until said session is over.
  • I sweat, regardless of material coupled to my ear.
The Bulletz have a noise isolation that none of my other eartips can match and AFAIK that's where the advantages end. But I wonder if this means foams are pretty much relegated to usage in public/transport.

May 20, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #5,704 of 6,129
Maybe the most expensive Blon ?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1621524202870.jpg
    FB_IMG_1621524202870.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20210520-180634-picsay.png
    Screenshot_20210520-180634-picsay.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
May 20, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #5,705 of 6,129
May 20, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #5,707 of 6,129
  • My listening sessions top out at 90 minutes, regardless of equipment, before a 10 minute rest between. While in transportation, this may involve silencing the player without removing the IEMs.
  • They usually have to measure at least 13.5mm diameter. But when they do I can secure them into my ears faster than you can blink and I don't worry about them at all until said session is over.
  • I sweat, regardless of material coupled to my ear.
The Bulletz have a noise isolation that none of my other eartips can match and AFAIK that's where the advantages end. But I wonder if this means foams are pretty much relegated to usage in public/transport.
Maybe just relegated to out of house, in general. I listen to my iems mostly outside; while sitting on my porch and having a few smokes and beers. Just chilling out. I live on a busy downtown street though, so many Harley type motorcycles and souped up cars and pickup trucks. Usually, I wear a hoodie with hood up. It adds even more isolation from the outside world combined with the foam tips.

Guess it depends on an individuals lifestyle. Maybe that's why I prefer foams. For me, no silicones that I've tried have shut out outside noise as well as foams. Plus, my ears are more comfortable without the ear sweats that I always experience with silicones.

May 21, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #5,709 of 6,129
I have another set of blon minis coming tomorrow, as a backup pair. I like them so much. They are on Amazon prime now.

May 21, 2021 at 11:18 PM Post #5,711 of 6,129
I saw that the blon mini model does not have air holes vent, will it affect the sound in the bass sector or other sounds?
They haven't, and does not appear to effect the sound. They are pretty deep in the ear canal, and there is a shorter distance to the ear drum. Also I guess, a 6mm driver doesn't push as much air, as a 10mm driver. They still have plenty of mid bass slam, in kick drums though. Also the 7khz peak doesn't appear to bother me, and sounds ok, must be because of the distance to the ear drum, is shorter so it doesn't resonate with me I guess. It sounds natural to me.

May 22, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #5,712 of 6,129
They haven't, and does not appear to effect the sound. They are pretty deep in the ear canal, and there is a shorter distance to the ear drum. Also I guess, a 6mm driver doesn't push as much air, as a 10mm driver. They still have plenty of mid bass slam, in kick drums though. Also the 7khz peak doesn't appear to bother me, and sounds ok, must be because of the distance to the ear drum, is shorter so it doesn't resonate with me I guess. It sounds natural to me.
means that blon mini has the best seal compared to other blon series? because doesn't have air vent?

May 22, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #5,713 of 6,129
means that blon mini has the best seal compared to other blon series? because doesn't have air vent?
Yes. The isolation is above average, and it's easy to get a seal, surprisingly the tips are usable too, because of the deep insertion.

May 22, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #5,714 of 6,129
I wanna like foam tips but my Dekoni Bulletz died after 2 months of use while all Silicone tips I've used last virtually forever.
Foams are certainly more expensive overall and need to be replaced more frequently for hygiene reasons. It's true that silicones last longer and can be cleaned more easily. I've got about $75 invested in silicon aftermarket tips ( mostly Spinfits) as well as included silicones that came with all of my iems. For me, I just can't get silicones to stay in my ears. My ear canals become moist with extended listening sessions and I need to keep pushing them in deep. Even then, I find silicones lack the bass I'm looking for from my iems.
That's why I like the Newbee foam tips. They give me the bass, mids, and highs I'm looking for; plus I can listen to them on my iems for 2-4 hours without much adjustment. Can't say the same for silicones from my experiences. I've bought Newbees from both Aliexpress and Amazon. Ali is usually a bit cheaper (by $2-3 CDN), but takes longer to arrive. Amazon is faster (I'm a Prime customer) and usually get them in 2 days). I've got it set up on Amazon, where they just ship me a set of 6 pairs of Large size tips, every 4 months. I pay $12.99 CDN including shipping and tax is also included. For that price, I can't complain. A single pair of Large Spinfits cost me $26.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back