Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Dec 17, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #4,951 of 6,129
I'm new to iems. so far I've considered purchasing either blon 03 or bl01. only amazon ships to my place and the price difference is just 1 usd, 03 being higher priced.
i mostly listen to metal, rock, jazz and some hiphop. but i pretty much listen to all genres, the above being my preferred.
and from what I've seen in this thread, bl01 is said to be harder to drive. I've got a lg v30, so i think it will be sufficient enough to drive the bl01's.
i would have gone for the 01's if it was cheaper, but the difference is only 1 usd. what should i get?

I have the LG V30 too. As long as I use an adapter, the L30 has plenty enough to drive the Blon 01. But to choose between the Blon 01 and Blon 03 is difficult. I would say with the right cable and tips + a little power ooph, the Blon 01 is sublime. But there are so many differences of opinions on the Blon-01 and 03, that I cannot feel sure you will get a 'GOOD' set. Both make music sound fantastic.

Dec 17, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #4,952 of 6,129
I'm new to iems. so far I've considered purchasing either blon 03 or bl01. only amazon ships to my place and the price difference is just 1 usd, 03 being higher priced.
i mostly listen to metal, rock, jazz and some hiphop. but i pretty much listen to all genres, the above being my preferred.
and from what I've seen in this thread, bl01 is said to be harder to drive. I've got a lg v30, so i think it will be sufficient enough to drive the bl01's.
i would have gone for the 01's if it was cheaper, but the difference is only 1 usd. what should i get?

if you want to choose the more versatile one, i would suggest the BL01 than the BL03. the BL03 might excel in some instances, but the BL01 is consistently good for almost everything

Dec 17, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #4,953 of 6,129
Finally received my BL-01s, so I'll drop some of my opinions

The only iem I am currently able to compare to is the CCA C10 and it's not looking amazing for the blonanas...
The cca is a bit more v shaped to my ears in general, especially the treble, it seems to be a little bit hotter
Soundstage goes to the cca, blons seem more intimate, although none of the two are more than just average in this department
Bass is a bit punchier on the blons and since I enjoy elevated bass, this is a + for me, although, again, both are not crazy bassy to my ears
The fit of the cca is just miles ahead, the blons just don't have a good fit (still waiting for my cable and tips to arrive since the stock ones are useless pretty much)

That's just my initial impression after listening for like 10 minutes..safe to say I am currently not too impressed

Dec 17, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #4,957 of 6,129
IMG_20201217_215845.jpg

Wish you listen to guys.... Wow effect finally has born in 01 to me! The more i hear the more i like it. 100% happy. Just buy It if in doubt!

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #4,958 of 6,129
IMG_20201217_215845.jpg
Wish you listen to guys.... Wow effect finally has born in 01 to me! The more i hear the more i like it. 100% happy. Just buy It if in doubt!
Agreed. For the price, you really can't go wrong. If you can afford it, buy both the 01 and 03. For around $50 for 2 sets, it's a steal. I also bought 2 balanced cables for both of mine (KBEAR Rhyme...at less than $20 each) and I'm having a hard time justifying buying anymore iems atm. Really am enjoying what I have right now. The BLON'S sound great with the gear I currently own and to me, sound better than the old speaker based system I had years ago that cost $10,000. Personal audio has really upped the game within the past couple of years with iems. With a good dac/amp or dap, people nowadays are getting way better sound than old guys like me, who spent thousands of $'s on speaker based hifi systems.

Dec 18, 2020 at 2:44 AM Post #4,959 of 6,129
Hi guys. Just wondering if I should pick the tempotac sonata hd pro or the Meizu hifi dac pro for these. Thanks!
EDIT: (i'll be using these on my pc and on my phone as a amp-dac alongside my Blon BL-01's and the AT M40x's)

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #4,960 of 6,129
Hi guys. Just wondering if I should pick the tempotac sonata hd pro or the Meizu hifi dac pro for these. Thanks!
EDIT: (i'll be using these on my pc and on my phone as a amp-dac alongside my Blon BL-01's and the AT M40x's)

I don't think many places sell the Meizu HIFI Pro anymore.

But Tempotec Sonata HD Pro works very well with most of my IEMs. Very transparent and neutralish sound, great dark background with no hiss. Doesn't heat up, very low output impedance, excellent measurements (measurements aren't everything of course). No clicking, has volume controller.

It can't drive planars or higher demanding headphones, but 90% of IEMs are a breeze with it. It doesn't eat much battery from my smartphone too.

I like the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro so much I bought 2.

Do check with the others regarding your smartphone as some obscure/older phones ain't compatible, and I think non windows 10 laptops/PC may not be compatible too.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #4,961 of 6,129
I have the LG V30 too. As long as I use an adapter, the L30 has plenty enough to drive the Blon 01. But to choose between the Blon 01 and Blon 03 is difficult. I would say with the right cable and tips + a little power ooph, the Blon 01 is sublime. But there are so many differences of opinions on the Blon-01 and 03, that I cannot feel sure you will get a 'GOOD' set. Both make music sound fantastic.
if you want to choose the more versatile one, i would suggest the BL01 than the BL03. the BL03 might excel in some instances, but the BL01 is consistently good for almost everything
Thanks for your opinion guys. i was about to get the Bl01's but they will arrive in February 7th. so i ordered the 03 delivery in 29th december.
i think they import the stuff from china, no wonder it's taking so long, usually it takes less than a week.
finally thank you again.

Dec 18, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #4,962 of 6,129
I don't think many places sell the Meizu HIFI Pro anymore.

But Tempotec Sonata HD Pro works very well with most of my IEMs. Very transparent and neutralish sound, great dark background with no hiss. Doesn't heat up, very low output impedance, excellent measurements (measurements aren't everything of course). No clicking, has volume controller.

It can't drive planars or higher demanding headphones, but 90% of IEMs are a breeze with it. It doesn't eat much battery from my smartphone too.

I like the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro so much I bought 2.

Do check with the others regarding your smartphone as some obscure/older phones ain't compatible, and I think non windows 10 laptops/PC may not be compatible too.

Sonata HD Pro is Windows 7 and 8.1 compatible but the drivers are needed from their website and the same goes for the Sonata BHD. I also have not done the firmware update for my Sonata HD Pro.

Dec 18, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #4,963 of 6,129
BLON BL-03 + Plenue 2 + Whisky, what a nice combination hehe.

The BL-03 has become my daily driver, It does everything and every music genre in pretty good manner. I just wish that the isolation and fit would be better.

It becomes magical when using the JetEffects in the Plenue 2. Totally worth the price.

DSC_0492-4.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #4,964 of 6,129
Thanks for your opinion guys. i was about to get the Bl01's but they will arrive in February 7th. so i ordered the 03 delivery in 29th december.
i think they import the stuff from china, no wonder it's taking so long, usually it takes less than a week.
finally thank you again.
Mine took 2 weeks from Linsoul.com. Worth the wait.

Dec 19, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #4,965 of 6,129
E5F1965E-B8D6-40BD-92BC-EFFFB8FFDB44.png
4A6A4595-33E2-4983-8EA8-03EEFD439243.png
00B03863-69E9-4B29-B9E4-9B2C9C66F474.png
BB5CD9F4-F8C5-4527-ADBC-B22356839570.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back