Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Dec 19, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #4,966 of 6,129
I usually read much more than I post on Head-fi however the Bl-01 are compelling me to increase my posting.. I know there are more expensive earphones that do some things much better than the 01 as they should.. However for my ears the 01 does something that a lot of my more expensive IEMs don't. It's hard to explain but plain old musical pleasure kinda covers it.. Maybe it's the genre of music that I listen to the most 70s/80s old school Funk, RnB, Classic Rock, Jazz, and some Classical that has something to do with it Idk... Clear concise sound, quality bass over quantity, instrument separation, No frequency bleeding, forward mids and vocals. I am a musician so my ears tend to isolate instruments separately. I just know that I Love how these make my music sound and I am so glad that I bought two pair for under 16 bucks each.. Don't know how they did it but I'm glad they did.. Curbing my impulse to buy more earphones...... For now.

Dec 19, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #4,967 of 6,129
I usually read much more than I post on Head-fi however the Bl-01 are compelling me to increase my posting.. I know there are more expensive earphones that do some things much better than the 01 as they should.. However for my ears the 01 does something that a lot of my more expensive IEMs don't. It's hard to explain but plain old musical pleasure kinda covers it.. Maybe it's the genre of music that I listen to the most 70s/80s old school Funk, RnB, Classic Rock, Jazz, and some Classical that has something to do with it Idk... Clear concise sound, quality bass over quantity, instrument separation, No frequency bleeding, forward mids and vocals. I am a musician so my ears tend to isolate instruments separately. I just know that I Love how these make my music sound and I am so glad that I bought two pair for under 16 bucks each.. Don't know how they did it but I'm glad they did.. Curbing my impulse to buy more earphones...... For now.

Call me crazy, but (last night) after 45 minutes of using the $1850 Noble Encore K-10 IEMs the BL-01s were tugging at my heart strings again. A quick change to the BLON......and once again.....complete confirmation of what I seem to believe. I simply can’t get over how good they are.

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #4,968 of 6,129
Call me crazy, but (last night) after 45 minutes of using the $1850 Noble Encore K-10 IEMs the BL-01’s were tugging at my heart strings again. A quick change to the BLON and once again made complete confirmation of what I seem to believe. I simply can’t get over how good they are.

i delegated my BL01 for TWS duty with my BT20S Pro. now, along with the T2 Plus, i got two "tuned more expensive than they should" sound on the go.

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #4,969 of 6,129
Totally agree! The 03 inspired me to buy the new 01. Those 2, along with all the others that I have; are making me pause on buying anything else atm. I honestly can't justify spending more on anything else new. Only thing I'm wanting is the newer Qudelix K5 dac/amp to compliment my ES100. I think I'm done buying anymore iems for awhile.

Dec 20, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #4,971 of 6,129
Any opinion ?

Luckily we can change the cable and tips if we want to. Good old freedom. My choice is to change the cable and tips. With a nice, inexpensive 4.4mm, balanced, silver litz cable and Spiral Dots, IMHO, this becomes a really high quality IEM. We have a choice to leave all as stock or try to get the best from our purchases. I can vouch that the Blon-01 can be upgraded.

Dec 20, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #4,972 of 6,129
Luckily we can change the cable and tips if we want to. Good old freedom. My choice is to change the cable and tips. With a nice, inexpensive 4.4mm, balanced, silver litz cable and Spiral Dots, IMHO, this becomes a really high quality IEM. We have a choice to leave all as stock or try to get the best from our purchases. I can vouch that the Blon-01 can be upgraded.
mine's coming tomorrow. I'm really curious.

Dec 20, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #4,973 of 6,129
Wow factor upgraded guys. UAPP + Tidal MQA. Just do It!
https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial
PS.: You have to buy MQA addon in app too. Worth It!
eyes sweating... 😊
IMG_20201220_115332.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #4,974 of 6,129
Any opinion ?

To each his own. I Changed the tips till I found some with a good fit and a good seal.. I kept the cable on because for me it is Not that bad.. I believe if you get a good seal you will get good quality sound with these... Amplification helps... Every iem does not automatically fit every ear ootb... It's everyone's choice to do or not do what they need to to get the most out of their purchase.....

Dec 20, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #4,976 of 6,129
Initially wasn't blown away, but simply satisfied with the 01, however I've eventually worked out how to get a good seal and now I think they are incredibly special - on par with IEMs many, many times their price. XELASTECS large seem to do the trick. I normally wear small but the combination of large + tacky material means its a decent seal and isolation - overcoming what I must admit is a terrible shape of the IEM itself. Long live the driams!

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #4,977 of 6,129
Just for fun, I tried the 01 on the Schiit Asgard 3 (200 usd amp) vs the JDS Atom.

Tighter, faster and more textured bass while tonality got warmer. So yes, it does scale pretty well.

Dec 20, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #4,979 of 6,129
Dec 20, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #4,980 of 6,129
Speaking about eartips and such, can anyone recommend tips for the BL-05s besides the AZLA Sednafit wide-bore tips?

I have lots of eartips on-hand, but not that brand. I've got AliExpress T400 foams, T500, Comply, Insmaa, Spinfits, NewBee, CCA 5mm, Flare AudioPhile Earfoams, and MH755.

Right now, I'm using the stock Spinfit-style tips, but if there's anything better in my inventory, I'd prefer to use that.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back