Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Feb 6, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #2,477 of 6,129
I know it has been said many times... but I've received my 2nd pair of Blon 03 and it definetely sounds more airy on top, I can hear cymbals more clearly, with a wider soundstage and less muddy bass... It makes me think about serious QC issues... or that they really changed the tuning at some point... For me, this 2nd blon unit has been like discovering an upgraded Blon BL-03 !
Okeee... As Worried 1at Blon Owner can I ask which seller you bought your 2nds from?

Feb 6, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #2,481 of 6,129
I've been A/B 'ing both sets for a while, and there's definetely an improvement in treble extension and soundstage. For example from minute 1:54 to 2:21 in "Animals - Martin Garrix" I can hear the high pitched electronic drums much clearer and naturally with the 2nd set. Obviously I used the same tips on both sets (large starlines)

Feb 6, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #2,485 of 6,129
Thanks, will try it. Will buy another set to see if I have the same experience. Now I am waiting for my Shozy 1.4.
With the first set I always thought it had too much muddy midbass and was lacking some air and extension on top, so I EQ'd it a bit, lowering midbass frequencies and upping a bit 10 - 16kHz.

With the second set I do not feel like EQ'ing it at all, the sound is more balanced across the range.

Feb 6, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #2,488 of 6,129
I know it has been said many times... but I've received my 2nd pair of Blon 03 and it definetely sounds more airy on top, I can hear cymbals more clearly, with a wider soundstage and less muddy bass... It makes me think about serious QC issues... or that they really changed the tuning at some point... For me, this 2nd blon unit has been like discovering an upgraded Blon BL-03 !

BOTH of my pairs sounds like you’re describing. I guess I lucked out and got 2 golden ears sets :)

I know some folks say theirs are really dark and muddy, and that’s really unfortunate as it has not been my experience at all.

Feb 6, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #2,489 of 6,129
BOTH of my pairs sounds like you’re describing. I guess I lucked out and got 2 golden ears sets :)

I know some folks say theirs are really dark and muddy, and that’s really unfortunate as it has not been my experience at all.

Me too. I've two pairs and they are crystal clear with good bass, mids and treble. Perhaps set against my Urbanfun iss014's the bass is a 'little' bloated, but the the tiimbre, tone and musicality of the Blon 03 is hard to beat at all. Both mine are of a very high sound standard.

Feb 6, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #2,490 of 6,129
Me too. I've two pairs and they are crystal clear with good bass, mids and treble. Perhaps set against my Urbanfun iss014's the bass is a 'little' bloated, but the the tiimbre, tone and musicality of the Blon 03 is hard to beat at all. Both mine are of a very high sound standard.

Well, you've been lucky! But it's a pity to find these differences in sound quality between sets! At least I'm glad to have discovered the full Blon experience now with my 2nd set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back