Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jan 30, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #2,446 of 6,129
Also I must say that all my straight edge cables that came with other IEMs or I bought, fit the BLON 03 perfectly. At the moment I use the straight edge cable that came with the Y***** V2 and it looks good, is non tangle and is perfect. The stock Blon 03 cable is a tangle nightmare.

Are you talking about plain old, run of the mill 2-pin cables (like TRN 2-pin, KZ Paragraph A and B, etc)?

Because I was talking about the ones that are recessed down inside of a shroud, like KZ Paragraph C, QDC, NX7, some TFZ sockets, etc.

Jan 30, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #2,447 of 6,129
Are you talking about plain old, run of the mill 2-pin cables (like TRN 2-pin, KZ Paragraph A and B, etc)?

Because I was talking about the ones that are recessed down inside of a shroud, like KZ Paragraph C, QDC, NX7, some TFZ sockets, etc.

I've got the aforementioned banned one and a couple of ISN audios with a true straight edge and a couple from a bud that fit quite well. Only have the TFZs and a couple of older KZs and they are no good of course with the Blon.
The ISN are true straight edges and also the banned one line up well, because the Blon fitting extends rather than recesses..... and they are virtually the same width as the Blon fitment.

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #2,448 of 6,129
My silver bl03 just arrived.

Well they have arrived...and I'm impressed.

Gunmetal, grey tips, black cable and black bag.
From MissAudio store on AliE for all of £23.

First thing to do...ditch the tips, they are bloody awful for me due to the shortness of the nozzle. Replacement used are large kz starlines. Cable actually OK for me.

For a single DD they are excellent. Bass just fine for me, quite fast and tight.
Vocals great and a treble that didn't think was possible with a single DD,since I have been used to BAs since I got into this hobby.

On my Fiio m11 you may have to raise the volume abit, as sound level can be abit low.

Timbre is very good with pianos sounding just right to my ears.

Will run them over night to burn them in, and maybe do some comparisons tomorrow.

Thanks a lot, i was wondering what was the true color of Blon BL 03 Gun or Silver.
I was planning to eco for a ~300€ BA IEM but as my 20€ KZ just don't work as usual (sound of plastic hitting the shield when i do a footstep forward), i will buy the BL 03 + cable + eartips.
I will then go for another Chifi (TieAudio Voyager 14) or full custom (Earsonics EM6)

Jan 30, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #2,449 of 6,129
Thanks a lot, i was wondering what was the true color of Blon BL 03 Gun or Silver.
I was planning to eco for a ~300€ BA IEM but as my 20€ KZ just don't work as usual (sound of plastic hitting the shield when i do a footstep forward), i will buy the BL 03 + cable + eartips.
I will then go for another Chifi (TieAudio Voyager 14) or full custom (Earsonics EM6)

True color? As in 1 is not genuine or something?

Because the earphone is available in both colors - polished silver and gunmetal grey (which is referred to as brown by most sellers for some odd reason).

There is no ‘true’ color. Just pick the one you like the color of the best.

Jan 30, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #2,450 of 6,129

Because the earphone is available in both colors - polished silver and gunmetal grey (which is referred to as brown by most sellers for some odd reason).

I dunno, maybe we're getting into subjective territory here. I ordered a "gunmetal". It really doesn't look very gunmetally to me. Not brown either. Just a kinda less shiny silver. Totally not TRVE…
For the record… mine came with the velour bag and standard silicone + spinfit knock-off eartips. I also ordered the bundle with an extra cable. Decent enough Yy 4 cable…

Jan 30, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #2,451 of 6,129
There's a whole family of off-silver colors with confusing product names. My personal anti-favorite is when they call something "titanium" referring to its color, and it's a different metal. (And usually doesn't look particularly like titanium, either.)

Jan 31, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #2,452 of 6,129
OPPOTY is here! Finally we met.
Now it's burning. It's weird but i must have alien ears I guess, bc i haven't get any problem with fit
But i might agree about short nozzle

I'm not surprised..I believe they changed the cables with the new version..this is sold with the velvety bag instead of the rough burlap bag..and a few here stated that it sounded darker with the newer version of the Blon BL03

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 9:05 AM Post #2,453 of 6,129
Another update : i think it's burned enough, after this time i won't feel the changes i guess
And here it goes, i have fit issues :D i realized that i have loose left ear with spinfit m and changed tips with starline small problem solved for both of course, feeling bass much more than it

I'm not surprised..I believe they changed the cables with the new version..this is sold with the velvety bag instead of the rough burlap bag..and a few here stated that it sounded darker with the newer version of the Blon BL03

I haven't touch the OPPOTY box, just took the earphone and changed with trn 16 core cable, stock cable still in the box with all the accessories

Jan 31, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #2,454 of 6,129
Another update : i think it's burned enough, after this time i won't feel the changes i guess
And here it goes, i have fit issues :D i realized that i have loose left ear with spinfit m and changed tips with starline small problem solved for both of course, feeling bass much more than it

I haven't touch the OPPOTY box, just took the earphone and changed with trn 16 core cable, stock cable still in the box with all the accessories

I see, why not give it a try and feedback here. whether they are usable or not ? :)

Feb 1, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #2,455 of 6,129

The product page on seller website are photoshoped (they apply color filter on high res 3D model).

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #2,456 of 6,129
Boy am I seriously dismayed... Two, maybe three weeks after I received them (from AK Audio Store on Ali) the right earpiece of my Blons has failed. And I only ever listen at my computer. I never take them anywhere. So boy, am I pissed. I was only just starting to really, really love those things..

Feb 4, 2020 at 5:45 AM Post #2,457 of 6,129
Boy am I seriously dismayed... Two, maybe three weeks after I received them (from AK Audio Store on Ali) the right earpiece of my Blons has failed. And I only ever listen at my computer. I never take them anywhere. So boy, am I pissed. I was only just starting to really, really love those things..
Within 15 days should be enough time to open a dispute, and even outside of that you should find they have warranty support, though it will take time.

In fact, it's a free return for any reason within 15 days. Check your order details and see if you can raise a claim. Failing that, contact the seller via the order details.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #2,458 of 6,129
Within 15 days should be enough time to open a dispute, and even outside of that you should find they have warranty support, though it will take time.

In fact, it's a free return for any reason within 15 days. Check your order details and see if you can raise a claim. Failing that, contact the seller via the order details.

That's a bummer. Try asking Aliexpress customer service/filing a dispute and see if they can refund you. Admittedly, QC for budget gear is like playing russian roulette at times.
I wouldn't advise sending budget gear back to china on Aliexpress as the transport costs may end up being equal to the cost of a BLON or more. What's more they are having a virus outbreak and their government has just extended the holidays till 10th feb to try to quarantine cases, so chances are it will take a long time for gear to be transported to china and back.

Maybe if you have technical soldering skills, you might be adventurous enough to open the right side, though this might void the warranty.
Also have u tried other cables? From my experience, cables and soldering are usually the first point of failure in an IEM rather than the driver itself, doesn't cost anything to try a different cable.

Feb 4, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #2,459 of 6,129
That's a bummer. Try asking Aliexpress customer service/filing a dispute and see if they can refund you. Admittedly, QC for budget gear is like playing russian roulette at times.
I wouldn't advise sending budget gear back to china on Aliexpress as the transport costs may end up being equal to the cost of a BLON or more. What's more they are having a virus outbreak and their government has just extended the holidays till 10th feb to try to quarantine cases, so chances are it will take a long time for gear to be transported to china and back.

Maybe if you have technical soldering skills, you might be adventurous enough to open the right side, though this might void the warranty.
Also have u tried other cables? From my experience, cables and soldering are usually the first point of failure in an IEM rather than the driver itself, doesn't cost anything to try a different cable.
Following all the above advice and will report back on my success/failure ratio ASAP.. Seems that the Chinese govt has extended the New Year holiday due to the contagion? And even Shenzhen down there is affected too? Whatever the case, almost nobody seems to be responding much at Ali...

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #2,460 of 6,129

You don't even need a separate cable, you can just try the left side of the cable with the right earpiece. If you get sound, then the right side of your cable is the problem.

This can happen with any set of IEMs. The cable on my Empire Ears Bravado (which is an Effect Audio Ares II that would cost $150 if you bought it separately) failed on one side after two days of normal use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back