Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Dec 22, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #1,936 of 6,129
Rumor is the Blon Cardinal is "no longer in production." Which means they still made some that haven't sold. But when I try to buy from the only place I could find on AE (99 pieces available), I got contacted to cancel the order and give a different reason for canceling other than the truth (out of stock). Is there anyone that sells the Cardinals?

Dec 22, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #1,937 of 6,129
Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #1,938 of 6,129
Rumor is the Blon Cardinal is "no longer in production." Which means they still made some that haven't sold. But when I try to buy from the only place I could find on AE (99 pieces available), I got contacted to cancel the order and give a different reason for canceling other than the truth (out of stock). Is there anyone that sells the Cardinals?
I asked 4 AE stores and all said they were no longer being made.

Dec 22, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #1,939 of 6,129
I asked 4 AE stores and all said they were no longer being made.

Thanks, I get that. But they stopped making them, and no one has stock, immediately. The Semcarch's at least had a run for a week or two before they were out. Very anxious on missing out and that there will never come along anything again for us to get excited about.

Dec 22, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #1,940 of 6,129
Thanks, I get that. But they stopped making them, and no one has stock, immediately. The Semcarch's at least had a run for a week or two before they were out. Very anxious on missing out and that there will never come along anything again for us to get excited about.

I know the FOMO is strong, but there's always a new hypetrain that will come out a few weeks later in this CHIFI rabbithole. For all we know the Cardinal will be yesterday's news once a new BLON hits the shelves next year. But indeed it is strange that so many places are sold out so soon.

I would consider the Cardinal as an improvement over the BL-03, especially in fit/isolation and slight technical improvements, but in the big scheme of things, I wouldn't consider the Cardinal to be a groundbreaking best thing since sliced bread (eg like how certain milestone IEMs changed the CHIFI industry eg KZ ZS6, BL-03).

Dec 22, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #1,941 of 6,129

As @baskingshark said, don't sweat it man. Blon has been working on the upgrade to the Cardinal.

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #1,942 of 6,129
Anyone here has both blon and sony n3 for comparison? I'm in torn whether to get a dap (sony nwa55) or sony n3 as blon sounds very piercing on my redmi note 5 but sounds really good on my laptop.

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #1,943 of 6,129
Anyone here has both blon and sony n3 for comparison? I'm in torn whether to get a dap (sony nwa55) or sony n3 as blon sounds very piercing on my redmi note 5 but sounds really good on my laptop.
I have both. Sony N3 is more refined than BL-03 overall, but it also has light treble roll-off. The bass on the N3 is really good, better controlled than the BL-03. Mids are better on the BL-03, a bit recessed on the N3. Soundstage on the N3 is a bit narrower than BL-03. If you are happy with the BL-03, you don't really need the N3 I think. Better invest in a portable source that will drive the BL-03 properly.

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #1,944 of 6,129
the dap is good, I love them

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #1,945 of 6,129
I have both. Sony N3 is more refined than BL-03 overall, but it also has light treble roll-off. The bass on the N3 is really good, better controlled than the BL-03. Mids are better on the BL-03, a bit recessed on the N3. Soundstage on the N3 is a bit narrower than BL-03. If you are happy with the BL-03, you don't really need the N3 I think. Better invest in a portable source that will drive the BL-03 properly.
Thanks. Yeah I really like blon sound signature, I think im better off with the sony dap.

Dec 23, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #1,946 of 6,129
Can anyone please link me a cable which works with these headphones?

I quite like the normal tips, did buy some foam tips and they were horrible.

I bought a wire reccomended from reddit for these and it didn't work. dont wanna do another amazon return.

thnaks.

or has anyone found a way to get rid of the plastic on the blon headphone iwre.. could i hairdryer it?

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #1,947 of 6,129
There's a new Blon-dedicated cable available on AliEx - a 4-core single crystal copper cable.
The name suggests it's manufactured by a certain banned company, but looking at the pictures available, one can clearly see the name Blon embedded on the plug. Here's the link.
cable.png
I myself am a little reluctant to order it, as the last cable that was part of a Blon + dedicated cable bundle didn't really work for me. After the time spent with the BL-03 I found that a cable with straight 2-pin connectors and no ear-hooks is still the most comfortable option.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #1,948 of 6,129
Bl-03 will never go, the only set I got a sealed pair in reserve for what ever reason.

They are good for most of my music listening, they do most styles to my satisfaction and grand me a smile on my face ( and there is no other sub 50 dollar iem's that makes me smile and there is no iem in my possession that makes me smile with so many styles of music without becoming offensive in the trebble region).

I listen mostely to:
Blues/rock (sounds warm and detailed on bl-03)
Rock ( bass guitars and drums great fender guitar a little to warm on bl-03)
Some pop (sounds like pop on bl-03)
And psy trance. (Wow amazing on bl-03 love the deep base response and full sounding base)

The only thing bl-03 can't cope with is metal music like Nightwish or heavy stuff like Disturbed.
bull .. the blons do very good with metal. whats your source ?

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #1,949 of 6,129
bull .. the blons do very good with metal. whats your source ?
The BL-03 has average driver speed relative to its price point, especially given the driver diaphragm material it's using. Its tuning may be great for metal but sometimes it just can't keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back