Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Dec 8, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #4,771 of 6,129
30E45F9C-2682-46C1-B712-C11D7A6E3262.jpeg
BC5D6D11-FA10-401B-A9A8-AF6B8D067A41.jpeg

BL-01 vs Believe

Both IEMs are pretty hard to drive at 98dB+2dB/mw (believe) vs BL-01’s 102dB.

I tested both on N3Pro tube ultra linear mode (High Gain).

overall timbre is similar on both with very pleasing and believable instrumental tonality.

BL-01’s bass is slightly boomier in direct comparison to the Believe.

Believe has wider, deeper and taller soundstage and better imaging, better instrumental separation.

Resolution is noticeably higher on believe as well in entire frequency range.

Folks, it’s time to upgrade.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #4,773 of 6,129
30E45F9C-2682-46C1-B712-C11D7A6E3262.jpegBC5D6D11-FA10-401B-A9A8-AF6B8D067A41.jpeg
BL-01 vs Believe

Both IEMs are pretty hard to drive at 98dB+2dB/mw (believe) vs BL-01’s 102dB.

I tested both on N3Pro tube ultra linear mode (High Gain).

overall timbre is similar on both with very pleasing and believable instrumental tonality.

BL-01’s bass is slightly boomier in direct comparison to the Believe.

Believe has wider, deeper and taller soundstage and better imaging, better instrumental separation.

Resolution is noticeably higher on believe as well in entire frequency range.

Folks, it’s time to upgrade.

How does the KBEAR BElieve compare to the NM2+?

Dec 8, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #4,777 of 6,129
BL - 01 arrived today, burning in. Initial impression is good. More detail and less mid bass than the 03, similar to the O5s with bass emphasis between sub and mid bass. Mids are brighter than 03 and treble more extended. Soundstage not as large as 05s but plenty of time to go. So far they are kind of midway between 03 and 05s and I think a success. Tips changed to Spiral Dots and a silver cable instead of the (hideous) stock one!

IMG_20201208_152826.jpg

Dec 8, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #4,778 of 6,129
More on the BL-01... Upper mids are a little thin in tonality and there is a lack of refinement compared to the BL-05s. Lower mids have good timbre and there is not a lot of recession in the mids. Bass is nice, very solid and good texture. Treble well extended but detail lacks precision. Hopefully upper range will improve with burn in. I think I prefer the CNT driver in the 05s to the bio in the 01.

Dec 8, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #4,779 of 6,129
Just received mine... tips and stock cable are useless, as usual. Nozzles are short and stubby, tips can't reach my ear.

I replaced the stock eartips with those T400 foams you buy in bulk from AliExpress. Blue ones.

Spinfits, my usual go-to were a no-go. They didn't compensate enough for the short nozzle / lack of reach. Tried CP100 M and they almost fell out of my ears, like the default tips. So I switched to CP100 L, but they were just a bigger, mushier version of the CP100 M obviously, and didn't extend forward enough.

I bet those red angular foams that are very long would be a good choice here, forget the name.

----------

I haven't listened much yet, but suspect Nimweth is right about these.

It's not as bassy or slow as the BL-03. It's comparatively neutral, but not neutral. Still bassy. Like still quite a bassline in mainstream rock/alternative tracks.

I've been listening to the CA16 a lot in the past few days, and this is like a cross between the two modes I was experimenting with. It has the soft/warm/bassy tuning similar to stock CA16, but with the stronger percussion and beats you get from using proper CP800 tips on the CA16.

Anyway, the reason I bring up CA16 is that they're both painless to listen to in relatively stock configuration. BL-01 is stronger in the treble than stock CA16. But no peaks are bothering me, no shoutiness. It's a warm, bassy, lofi sound that isn't going to trouble you.

BL-01 is grainer, muddier, coarser, and not as airy as CA16. More confined soundstage. Sound is "in your head" in mainstream tracks, and not much beyond it. Taller than expected, and some East/West beyond the ears.

Overall, it's a coherent sound that doesn't come across as weird or unintentional. Just limited in resolution and soundstage.

I've got the silver one, and it's really bright and shiny. Will probably look good with a blue/silver cable. I might post a photo of the results.

Dec 8, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #4,780 of 6,129
Just received mine... tips and stock cable are useless, as usual. Nozzles are short and stubby, tips can't reach my ear.

I replaced the stock eartips with those T400 foams you buy in bulk from AliExpress. Blue ones.

Spinfits, my usual go-to were a no-go. They didn't compensate enough for the short nozzle / lack of reach. Tried CP100 M and they almost fell out of my ears, like the default tips. So I switched to CP100 L, but they were just a bigger, mushier version of the CP100 M obviously, and didn't extend forward enough.

I bet those red angular foams that are very long would be a good choice here, forget the name.

----------

It's not as bassy or slow as the BL-03. It's comparatively neutral, but not neutral. Still bassy. Like still quite a bassline in mainstream rock/alternative tracks.

I've been listening to the CA16 a lot in the past few days, and this is like a cross between the two modes I was experimenting with. It has the soft/warm/bassy tuning similar to stock CA16, but with the stronger percussion and beats you get from using proper CP800 tips on the CA16.

Anyway, the reason I bring up CA16 is that they're both painless to listen to in relatively stock configuration. BL-01 is stronger in the treble than stock CA16. But no peaks are bothering me, no shoutiness. It's a warm, bassy, lofi sound that isn't going to trouble you.

BL-01 is grainer, muddier, coarser, and not as airy as CA16. More confined soundstage. Sound is "in your head" in mainstream tracks, and not much beyond it. Taller than expected, and some East/West beyond the ears.

Overall, it's a coherent sound that doesn't come across as weird or unintentional. Just limited in resolution and soundstage.

I've got the silver one, and it's really bright and shiny. Will probably look good with a blue/silver cable. I might post a photo of the results.
The CA16 has cheap shouty annoying highs imo.If the Bl-01 had more treble,it's a bad news for treble sensitives

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #4,782 of 6,129

----------

Ha ha that's a coincidence. I am using a blue/silver cable on mine but I got the gunmetal ones. I concur with the "grainier" comment and the limited resolution, especially after spending a lot of time with the Starsea recently!

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #4,784 of 6,129
If a silver cable is listed as "balanced" yet is available as a 3.5 mm output, is it really a balanced cable? I've got a 4-core SPC for the BL-01 I'm looking to get, but I'm just running it through a regular 3.5mm headphone amp.

Dec 8, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #4,785 of 6,129
If a silver cable is listed as "balanced" yet is available as a 3.5 mm output, is it really a balanced cable? I've got a 4-core SPC for the BL-01 I'm looking to get, but I'm just running it through a regular 3.5mm headphone amp.
The same cable can be terminated as balanced or single-ended. How the wires are terminated makes the difference. You can also take a balanced plug, and adapt it to single-ended, but NEVER the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back