Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 26, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #4,516 of 6,129
Today I received the Blon BL-01, gone are OPPOTY and DRIAMS. :scream:
A couple of photo's of the darker non silver version:

zexAmRR.jpg

EJjJlkT.jpg

FCewTQN.jpg

E9kBPmi.jpg

Quite a bit larger and heavier than the BL-03, I'm curious if these fit and sound better, if not, it's an excellent gift :)
I didn't even bother to unpack the stock cable, looking at previous photo's it's still the same cheap garbage as before and I always use balanced cables anyway.

One thing though, I should have listened to this set before the Shuoer Tape Pro, now it will have to wait a few days because the Tape Pro is pretty awesome so far.

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #4,517 of 6,129
Which do you consider more crap?
I'd say the 03 is more crap!
The 01 is better, reason being that they respond better to EQ than the 03, also although the 01 is heavier, the shape and fit are much better (they are comfy, at least to me)
Build quality on 01 is also a huge step up from 03.
Considering the 01 only costs €15, i don't think you can go wrong with them as a IEM to use as your beater set.
( You lose them, you don't care )

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #4,520 of 6,129
I can see the engineers at Blon reading my last post and rolling their eyes saying, "we fixed almost everything you criticized about the 03, dropped the price 30% and you're still complaining.."

Well yes, i haven't got anything better to do than nit pick the sound signature of $20 iems... so there :p

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #4,521 of 6,129
Wow! Hearing a lot of negative feedback about AK. I used them quite a bit at one time with no issues. Kinda sad to hear their CS and shipping issues..I ordered GLON (green blon) on 11/11 from AK. Order shows shipped but update now shows "problem at wharehouse returning to seller" Informed AK they asked me to "wait a few days". Now I'm concerned after reading about all the issues. Will be a bit more patient but watching carefully.
Got my new BLON BL01 from AK yesterday. Shipped on November 12 and received by me on November 26, here in Canada. Fourteen days via Aliexpress standard shipping (which was free) and I was able to track it the whole time. I think that's quite fast coming all the way from China. No complaints about this store at all.

Nov 26, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #4,522 of 6,129
The Blon Bl-01 is bass-weak ? You are the first who say that
I've only had mine burning in for about 30 hours but compared to my fully broken in 03, it is a bit more dialed down everywhere. I'll post more impressions once I get a few more hours on them, likely within the next week or so. One thing I'd like to note about the fit of the BL01 vs the BL03. I know this might make me a minority but I find the fit of the BL03 much better after a simple stem mod to accommodate my large Newbee foam tips. The BL01 doesn't sit as far into my ears as the 03 and doesn't create as good a seal.

Nov 26, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #4,523 of 6,129
I've only had mine burning in for about 30 hours but compared to my fully broken in 03, it is a bit more dialed down everywhere. I'll post more impressions once I get a few more hours on them, likely within the next week or so. One thing I'd like to note about the fit of the BL01 vs the BL03. I know this might make me a minority but I find the fit of the BL03 much better after a simple stem mod to accommodate my large Newbee foam tips. The BL01 doesn't sit as far into my ears as the 03 and doesn't create as good a seal.
I'm sad to hear that.

Nov 26, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #4,524 of 6,129
Guess I'd share my 0.02$ of Blon-01 which I've had since yesterday morning.

I'm listening to them right now, and I've had Blon 03 since it came out, and can definetely say that it remains the main characteristics of BL-03's sound signature but with a faster and tighter bass response. Upper midrange and treble feels a bit improved (in a positive more cohesive way) and i found the overall sound better and more balanced and mature than BL-03, but as it happens with BL-03, you'll have to experiment and try with different sets of tips to get the most of them. Spinfit CP-100's and CP-145's along with inverted KZ starlines are the ones for me that sound best. As far as cable goes, I'm running them with a balanced Kbear Ryhme cable.

BL-01 is for sure an upgrade to BL-03 (especially in quality of the bass) . They have retained the warm liquid sound signature, but without the muddy slow bass) . As it's even cheaper than BL-03 , it's a WIN and I expect it's gonna sell better than BL-03 and will probably become the new king of budget chi-fi audio.

So, I took out my dysfunctional pair of BL03s today (after being in my drawer for a while), the pair that suddenly developed an imbalance with weak left output. It still is dysfunctional. I took off the grills/screens, and it didn’t help at all. My ear anatomy tends to cause driver flex easily,
and more on the right side. This pair of BL03s get driver flex easily, but it’s incredibly bad on the left side, with any movement. I do think this is a case where driver flex killed the IEM. I tried forcing air into and out of the shell, to see if the driver could pop back into place, but nothing has worked.

I would really like to know what happened. I‘m temped to send it to our resident expert, Professor @Slater, to perform an autopsy on it.
I sent him my original KZ ZS10 PRO after the left earpiece died. Not sure if he managed to get them going again, but the dude contributes so much to all of us here on headfi that if there's anyone who can figure out what went wrong...he's the MAN!!

Nov 26, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #4,525 of 6,129
I've only just noticed. Blon have fixed their spelling mistakes on the Blon bl 01 box, I no longer have driams or opporty. I'm sadly disappointed.
Thanks for pointing this out. Just checked my box and you are right. I'm also saddened. Why did they take away my driams and oppity? I paid good money for that, damn it! Lol!

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #4,526 of 6,129
Today I received the Blon BL-01, gone are OPPOTY and DRIAMS. :scream:
A couple of photo's of the darker non silver version:

zexAmRR.jpg

EJjJlkT.jpg

FCewTQN.jpg

E9kBPmi.jpg

Quite a bit larger and heavier than the BL-03, I'm curious if these fit and sound better, if not, it's an excellent gift :)
I didn't even bother to unpack the stock cable, looking at previous photo's it's still the same cheap garbage as before and I always use balanced cables anyway.

One thing though, I should have listened to this set before the Shuoer Tape Pro, now it will have to wait a few days because the Tape Pro is pretty awesome so far.
Glad you mentioned the weight and heaviness of the 01 vs the 03. Also have the purple 03. Not a big fan of the extra weight on the 01 and prefer the fit of the 03 better. Ear anatomy is really a big thing when trying to find an iem that sounds good. If it fits good, you're golden. But if it's off, then it takes much more effort to achieve an optimal sound.

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #4,527 of 6,129
I sent him my original KZ ZS10 PRO after the left earpiece died. Not sure if he managed to get them going again, but the dude contributes so much to all of us here on headfi that if there's anyone who can figure out what went wrong...he's the MAN!!

Sadly, I haven’t had the time to take a look at them. Been working crazy OT hours at work, and have had no free time :frowning2:

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:23 PM Post #4,528 of 6,129
Got my new BLON BL01 from AK yesterday. Shipped on November 12 and received by me on November 26, here in Canada. Fourteen days via Aliexpress standard shipping (which was free) and I was able to track it the whole time. I think that's quite fast coming all the way from China. No complaints about this store at all.
Wish I could say the same. My Blon/Glon is returning to them no explanation and they won't issue my refund till They get it back. I don't know for sure if it ever shipped or was even in stock... Won't be using them again... Thanks but No thanks

Nov 27, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #4,529 of 6,129
Sadly, I haven’t had the time to take a look at them. Been working crazy OT hours at work, and have had no free time :frowning2:
No worries bro! Life and work comes first. You always gotta pay the bills first. Hobbies like this have to take a backseat sometimes. Just wanna let you know that your skills are greatly appreciated here on the headfi forums and threads. I know I'm not alone, based on how many people mention your name. You have helped, and informed many on many topics. You have also helped novices like myself and saved us money, by exposing certain companies that have made fraudulent claims about their products. You have the skillz to tear stuff apart that many of us can't figure out (or don't have the patience for). After reading a bunch of these posts it's easy to see that many others have a high opinion of your skills. You really are THE DOCTOR!

Nov 27, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #4,530 of 6,129
Wish I could say the same. My Blon/Glon is returning to them no explanation and they won't issue my refund till They get it back. I don't know for sure if it ever shipped or was even in stock... Won't be using them again... Thanks but No thanks
So sorry to hear that. I've only used them once, as I follow fellow headfier @paulwasabii on his YouTube channel and he gets alot of his stuff from them. Honestly, this is the first time I've used them to get anything and to buy the 01. I know he's been doing business with them a lot and he always has good things to say about them. That's why I decided to give them a shot. Not sure about the discrepancies. Maybe depends on where you live in the world?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back