Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jul 12, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #3,601 of 6,129
Yeah, they could have set it up like the KZ ED9, BGVP DMG, some LZs, etc. Thread the IEM shell, and include a few different nozzles that just screw in.

The different nozzles wouldn’t have to be tuning filters, just simply different lengths to help customize the fit for each person.
Do you have some examples of iems with different nozzle lenghts (not tuning filters)?

Jul 12, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #3,602 of 6,129
Yeah, they could have set it up like the KZ ED9, BGVP DMG, some LZs, etc. Thread the IEM shell, and include a few different nozzles that just screw in.

The different nozzles wouldn’t have to be tuning filters, just simply different lengths to help customize the fit for each person.
Oh come now, as soon as you got your hands on those nozzles, they would become tuning filters, and you know it. :ksc75smile:

Jul 12, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #3,603 of 6,129
@IEMusic could you try the Azla Xelastec tips on the 03? From user report from other forums it seems to be a really great match.

Jul 12, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #3,604 of 6,129
Care to share details of your mods?
Just a 30s job, blob of blu tack in front and back vent. Thought I'd put that in. Oops. I've gave them to the Mrs atm. Her onluly comment was about "how large are your ears?".

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #3,605 of 6,129
Do you have some examples of iems with different nozzle lenghts (not tuning filters)?

The ED9 nozzles are 2 different lengths. They also have other differences, like foam vs no foam, a small vent vs no vent, etc

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #3,606 of 6,129
The ED9 nozzles are 2 different lengths. They also have other differences, like foam vs no foam, a small vent vs no vent, etc
Arent the ED9 nozzle tuning nozzles too? one is balanced and the other bassy?

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #3,607 of 6,129
@IEMusic could you try the Azla Xelastec tips on the 03? From user report from other forums it seems to be a really great match.
It depends on what you want. Sound wise, it makes the treble brighter and airier. It sounds slightly more dynamic, lively, and V-shaped. It doesn’t really make the mids sound more recessed though, it just accentuates the treble especially, but not the upper mids that I can tell. To me, the bass doesn’t seem more in quantity, just a little punchier, and perhaps slightly cleaner.

Personally, I don’t like it as much as the Sedna Lights, b/c I like the regular length Earfits, which effectively extend the nozzle. The Xelastec are the same length as the Short versions. Also, due to the somewhat awkward fit, it’s a little harder to insert them, due to tackiness. Again, the sound is a matter of preference, but I find it a bit too bright.

Edit: I guess take my sonic impressions with a grain of salt, as they seem to differ from other peoples experiences. :shrug:

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #3,608 of 6,129
It depends on what you want. Sound wise, it makes the treble brighter and airier. It sounds slightly more dynamic, lively, and V-shaped. It doesn’t really make the mids sound more recessed though, it just accentuates the treble especially, but not the upper mids that I can tell. To me, the bass doesn’t seem more in quantity, just a little punchier, and perhaps slightly cleaner.

Personally, I don’t like it as much as the Sedna Lights, b/c I like the regular length Earfits, which effectively extend the nozzle. The Xelastec are the same length as the Short versions. Also, due to the somewhat awkward fit, it’s a little harder to insert them, due to tackiness. Again, the sound is a matter of preference, but I find it a bit too bright.
Ok that is good to know, you have the stock version right? (not mesh modded or anything).

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #3,609 of 6,129
Arent the ED9 nozzle tuning nozzles too? one is balanced and the other bassy?

Yes

I think you’re missing my point, or perhaps confused about something I said.

I was saying that Blon SHOULD HAVE just remade the BL03 shell with threaded nozzles (like the ED9, DMG, LZ, etc). Then Blon SHOULD HAVE included different length nozzles.

I’m NOT saying that anyone else is doing this. I’m only saying that Blon SHOULD HAVE done it to solve the fitment complaints with the BL03.

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #3,610 of 6,129
Yes

I think you’re missing my point, or perhaps confused about something I said.

I was saying that Blon SHOULD HAVE just remade the BL03 shell with threaded nozzles (like the ED9, DMG, LZ, etc). Then Blon SHOULD HAVE included different length nozzles.

I’m NOT saying that anyone else is doing this. I’m only saying that Blon SHOULD HAVE done it to solve the fitment complaints with the BL03.
Oh I get it, thanks for clarifying. That sounds like a very good idea.

Jul 12, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #3,611 of 6,129
Jul 12, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #3,613 of 6,129
Including the cable or just stock mesh?

Also I meant Spinfit mostly because those are the longest single flange tips or am I mistaken here?
Just stock mesh. I use a Tripowin Zonie 16 or a TRN T3 cable typically, but my comparison was directly between the Light and Xelastec Sedna tips. Everything else being the same. Put it this way, the Xelastec made the treble seem brighter to me, but whether or not it is “too“ bright, is very individual. Honestly, the fit is the bigger consideration for me than the sound.

You are correct that SpinFit tips are long due to the extra “hinged“ portion, but the core isn’t nearly as rigid or grippy as the cores on the Sedna tips or Final E tips. Whereas the SpinFits usually cover the entire nozzle completely, the Sedna/Final tips just tightly grip the lip of the BLON nozzles, and effectively extend it. Add to that the longer core of the regular length Sednas, and it helps with the fit quite a lot.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #3,614 of 6,129
Just stock mesh. I use a Tripowin Zonie 16 or a TRN T3 cable typically, but my comparison was directly between the Light and Xelastec Sedna tips. Everything else being the same. Put it this way, the Xelastec made the treble seem brighter to me, but whether or not it is “too“ bright, is very individual. Honestly, the fit is the bigger consideration for me than the sound.

You are correct that SpinFit tips are long due to the extra “hinged“ portion, but the core isn’t nearly as rigid or grippy as the cores on the Sedna tips or Final E tips. Whereas the SpinFits usually cover the entire nozzle completely, the Sedna/Final tips just tightly grip the lip of the BLON nozzles, and effectively extend it. Add to that the longer core of the regular length Sednas, and it helps with the fit quite a lot.
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say I want to collect all of them just so I have more eartips to try. Mainly since getting the right coupling in your ear is probably just as if not even more important than the tuning and micro detail power of the driver. And since there's no 1 eartip to rule them all I imagine is best to enlarge your eartip collection as much as your budget allows it.

Jul 13, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #3,615 of 6,129
In comparing listening to the BL03 with Sedna Light Short tips vs Sedna Xelastec tips, I previously stated that...
“It depends on what you want. Sound wise, it makes the treble brighter and airier. It sounds slightly more dynamic, lively, and V-shaped. It doesn’t really make the mids sound more recessed though, it just accentuates the treble especially, but not the upper mids that I can tell. To me, the bass doesn’t seem more in quantity, just a little punchier, and perhaps slightly cleaner.

Edit: I guess take my sonic impressions with a grain of salt, as they seem to differ from other peoples experiences. :shrug:

Since then, I read other‘s opinions that the Xelastec actually tames treble peaks, so I listened further, with different IEMs. Well, I still come to the same general conclusions, but I think I have a plausible explanation. I think the material used for the Xelastec, to me, causes more reverberations as a whole. I notice it most in the bass and treble. The bass seeming more “punchy“ is likely due to more mid bass reverb, and the sound is a bit warmer as a whole. The treble also has more reverb, and is more “wet” sounding. One track where I notice it a lot is Panic! At The Disco’s High Hopes. The overall effect is a brighter sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back