Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Apr 18, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #2,881 of 6,129
maybe this is old news?
Never saw the thread. Until now....

easy to fit bl03 with kz style C pin cable.
take wire cutters, carefully snip Off excess plastic On top and bottom of the 2 pin connector.
voila!

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
Interesting....but is this really any better than just using a standard 2 pin cable? It doesn’t seem like it would offer any additional protection to the contact points.

Apr 18, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #2,882 of 6,129
Interesting....but is this really any better than just using a standard 2 pin cable? It doesn’t seem like it would offer any additional protection to the contact points.
Easily recognizable tonality shift with this silver cable. Much more upper mids And sub bass slam is decreased.
im not worried about damage on the 2 pin cable connector On the BLON,
There is still more plastic around the connector after cutting excess away than any KZ with a c pin connector and those are known to be very reliable from what I understand

Apr 18, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #2,883 of 6,129
And no the stock cable fits just fine after cutting away extra plastic. No wiggle

if your question was “why”....because its all I had here. 😊

if only I could get the bass slam of stock cable with the forward Mids of silver cable.....hmmmm

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #2,884 of 6,129
Just ordered BL-05 from EE Audio even tho I have not even received my BL-03s yet (its been five weeks), ordered after failure of the first defective ones! Ridiculous attempt on their part to bless first 100 buyers with so-called "extras and upgrades" , but hey, guess this here is superfluous already and the BL-05 thread is already spooling up in the wings!

Apr 18, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #2,885 of 6,129
Just ordered BL-05 from EE Audio even tho I have not even received my BL-03s yet (its been five weeks), ordered after failure of the first defective ones! Ridiculous attempt on their part to bless first 100 buyers with so-called "extras and upgrades" , but hey, guess this here is superfluous already and the BL-05 thread is already spooling up in the wings!
Sometimes the sequel isn't as good as the original, particularly in terms of hype. Just look at dm6>dm7

Apr 18, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #2,886 of 6,129
Sometimes the sequel isn't as good as the original, particularly in terms of hype. Just look at dm6>dm7
But you realize that what you are actually saying there, literally, is that the new one might not match the earlier one in terms of hype?As if the hype surrounding the first couldn"t possibly be equalled by hype generated in advance of the second? Who can even care about the item itself, at this hype point?

Apr 18, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #2,887 of 6,129
Thanks for all of the advice! I will try using smaller foam tips and also try the earlobe trick. I will try popping off the screen on the “broken” unit and see if that solves the problem. I don’t see any obvious clogged filter, but it may be on the inside.

The filter I was talking about is the front vent filter, not the nozzle mesh.

The front vent filter is attached to the inside of the shell itself. It can’t be removed or popped off, unless you open the shell and completely remove the driver.

You can see a very small portion of of the vent filter from the outside. If you look through the tiny vent hole you might be able to see the white filter (assuming the vent isn’t clogged with gunk).

A2EA5F44-7A3D-44CF-B9B7-31127FBE4DDB.jpeg

But I wouldn’t stick anything inside the vent hole, or you risk damaging the driver. Messing with the vent will also change the sound tuning, primarily reducing the low end. The front vent is what controls driver flex though.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #2,888 of 6,129
but hey, guess this here is superfluous already and the BL-05 thread is already spooling up in the wings!

Someone created a Blon BL05 thread when there is already a Blon thread (this one)?

Apr 18, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #2,889 of 6,129
And no the stock cable fits just fine after cutting away extra plastic. No wiggle

if your question was “why”....because its all I had here. 😊

if only I could get the bass slam of stock cable with the forward Mids of silver cable.....hmmmm

FWIW, I like the TRN T3 silver cable a lot with the Tin T4. It’s an MMCX cable, so I can’t use it with the BL03, but it’s available with a 2 pin connector. I noticed more clarity in the mids, more air in the highs, and better transient speed and punch in the bass. No obvious increase or decrease in the amount of bass compared with the stock cable. I will eventually buy one of those cables with a 2 pin connection.

Apr 18, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #2,890 of 6,129
20200418_194130.jpg

What are we thinking about this huge roll off

Big stage ? No details ? Death on arrival ?

For me it seem like a too big off a roll off

Apr 18, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #2,891 of 6,129
20200418_194130.jpg

On initial glance, I like the how the BL03 graphs more. BL05 has too steep of a roll off and seems like it would lack air, also too much pinna gain. This of course is only one aspect of the sound though, with much more information needed. Thanks for sharing.

Apr 18, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #2,892 of 6,129
Had to go and complain about that piezo, huh :) Now look at what you have done. :yum:

Apr 18, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #2,893 of 6,129
most of the post 8k measurement are unreliable, many iems including the legendary er4sr have post 8k dip on the graph if you measure it on iec711-ish coupler like crinacle's rig.
er4sr graph on crinacle's site have a substantial post 8k dip but the card that comes with the er4sr will tells you that there is no dip post 8k when they measure it with their rig.
graph (1).png

most of the time you cant hear the post 8k dip if you listen to sweep tone with you human ears.

the post 8k dip shown on blon 05 graph above could be disappeared if you fiddle with different type of tips and insertion depth.

My guess will be 05 is probably less bright than 03 but not in a way that it will have a massive dip at treble as the graph shown.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #2,894 of 6,129
I like the BLON-03 so much that I ordered another set (Drop). Will do grill mod on one so I have a comparison. I also have the Cardinal so will see how the three compare...

I have many IEMs... weirdly enough the stay at home orders actually cut down on my listening time. With a daily 3.5 hour commute I previously had lots of time to listen and regularly rotated through my collection. I am fortunate enough to be able to work from home, but now my work and commute times have blurred together and I am at my desk working from 7AM to 7PM or later. The only IEMs I get to use are my Shure 215 which are my go-to for teleconferencing.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #2,895 of 6,129
20200418_194130.jpg

What i have seen many times before....

new headphone company comes out with a grand slam and needs to follow it up, tries to make their hit classic "more" of "itself"

and what you end up with is a high price, fancy looking headphone that will never get used by anybody because all reviews regardless of rating will only admit they're good for a narrow genre / style of music...

i forsee this with BLON BL05

I would love to be wrong but the graph seems to indicate i may be on the correct path

Users who are viewing this thread

Back