Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Apr 16, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #2,821 of 6,129
If they will ship only on 05/30 then why do we need to place order early? Is it an early bird price?

Thx
Not sure, but might be because they are anticipating that a lot of people will order so they want to know how much they need to prepare.

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #2,822 of 6,129
Gotta admit that my interest in the 05 dropped a bit since it doesnt seem to be DD+piezo setup. The modded 03 is very satisfying right now.
I was initially attracted by the DD+Piezo setup too. If it is not then it will be disappointing...

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #2,823 of 6,129
But the thing that puts me of the most is that they will ship it next month...how do I even know if my country (sweden) will still have open borders, if they still accept stuff from china....

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #2,824 of 6,129
But the thing that puts me of the most is that they will ship it next month...how do I even know if my country (sweden) will still have open borders, if they still accept stuff from china....
This is sad. Not a good time for audiophiles like us. I experienced serious delay in other shipments too.

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #2,825 of 6,129
I just want a working BLO3. It was working great for a while, then suddenly the left side didn’t sound right, and completely unbalanced. Working theory was damage to driver from driver flex, but now I’m not so sure. Awaiting a second pair. Will probably use looser fitting tips, so not as tight a seal.

For me, the BLO3 tuning, with a technical and resolving driver like that of the JVD FD01 or even the Tin T4, would be an ideal IEM. Of course with a better fitting housing and a better cable.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #2,827 of 6,129
Ordered the Blon 05

Delivery

"Will be shipped within: 10 days 21 hours 28 minutes"

According to DD on the receipt and shipping details.

Hope so
1587043931332.png

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #2,828 of 6,129
Gotta admit that my interest in the 05 dropped a bit since it doesnt seem to be DD+piezo setup. The modded 03 is very satisfying right now.
According to KopiOKaya, they decided to ditch the piezoelectric driver after negative opinions from various folks.

Screenshot_20200416-153245.png

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #2,829 of 6,129
BLON BL05 2nd Generation 10mm CNT Diaphragm HiFi In-ear Earphone with 0.78mm 2Pin Detachable Cable
Price:
US $42.00 / piece
Color: Black gold no MIC
Seller Guarantees:
ships out within 7 business days
On-time Delivery 27 days

This is a snapshot of the product taken when the order was placed.
View current product

That's what the DD front page was showing for my order.

Have no idea whether they have it in reality or not.

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #2,830 of 6,129
According to KopiOKaya, they decided to ditch the piezoelectric driver after negative opinions from various folks.

Screenshot_20200416-153245.png

Thanks for the update. Yeah the beta BL-05 was supposed to be a DD + Piezo setup, but since they ditched the piezos, this final release would probably be more of a spiritual successor to the single DD BL-03, but hopefully with better fit. The initial graph by BGGAR on his youtube vid for the beta BL-05 had quite peaky treble frequencies with the piezos.

I prefer this new graph, but it is down to personal preference in tuning. I think piezos bring different benefits to the table such as airiness, better details in general, but sometimes the timbre may not be as natural as a pure DD setup. Personally I'm a DD sucker, so can't wait to see how this set turns out!

Oppoty! Let music burn!

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #2,832 of 6,129
Hmmmm... no more piezo but it's okay. I never tried the BL03 before and I have high expectation on BL05 since the previous gained so much of positive reviews.

Apr 16, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #2,833 of 6,129
I'm definitely going to give the Blon 05 a chance. I've two pairs of the silver Blon 03s and they have given me a great deal of pleasure. Timbre, tone, and rhythm are hard to beat on the 03. DD heaven. There was enough detail for my ears (not to BA or Planar level though). On that basis Blon have earned my money. I've done a lot of cable swapping, tip rolling and even added slivers of the barrels of old tips to get them right but they are as good as BGGAR says on Youtube. But like many inexpensive ChiFi IEMs QC is pretty poor. I'ts clear listening to Head-Fiers on this thread that sound variations can differ drastically between different pairs, and getting a good fit is admittedly hard work. But Blon deserve my dosh though.

Apr 16, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #2,835 of 6,129
I'm definitely going to give the Blon 05 a chance. I've two pairs of the silver Blon 03s and they have given me a great deal of pleasure. Timbre, tone, and rhythm are hard to beat on the 03. DD heaven. There was enough detail for my ears (not to BA or Planar level though). On that basis Blon have earned my money. I've done a lot of cable swapping, tip rolling and even added slivers of the barrels of old tips to get them right but they are as good as BGGAR says on Youtube. But like many inexpensive ChiFi IEMs QC is pretty poor. I'ts clear listening to Head-Fiers on this thread that sound variations can differ drastically between different pairs, and getting a good fit is admittedly hard work. But Blon deserve my dosh though.
Yes, if they can truly improve QC, that would be worth quite a bit more in price. That’s really my main complaint with the BL03s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back