Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jan 18, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #2,236 of 6,129
Crinacle reviewed badly this iem with stocked tips and cable

I think he's just saying that Blon is overly hyped. Ultimately should trust your own ears.

I found myself keep coming back to this pair. Still amazed how this cheap n' cheerful thing, the vocal is nicely tuned without being screechy esp in upper mid (kpop female vocal) and it's soundstage.

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #2,237 of 6,129
I’ve read the page how to flip a Starline, which are EXTREMELY resistant to flipping. Is there a new and simple way to achieve success?

Super easy:

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #2,238 of 6,129
Has anyone by chance been in contact with Linsoul in the last couple days? I think they are on holiday but I'm not sure if they are completely closed, even to customer service, or if they are just ignoring me..

Chinese holiday. All of China is shut down. Just gotta do your best to be patient for a week or so

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #2,239 of 6,129
Chinese holiday. All of China is shut down. Just gotta do your best to be patient for a week or so

Thanks.... Just wanted to get this electrocuting earpiece sorted out... Wishing I hadn't sold my T4s now..

Jan 19, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #2,240 of 6,129
Just a note to anyone considering the AZLA Sedna Earfits. Pay attention to the size chart, as they are slightly different size than most tips.

I usually use a M KZ Starline tip, which is equal in size to a SM AZLA Sedna Earfit.

So before you order the fairly expensive AZLA Sedna Earfits, check the diameter sizing chart and compare it the diameter of another tip that you know fits you.

For reference, here is the sizing chart for the AZLA Sedna Earfit:
Those are one of few tips I still don`t have in my collection (about 50 different S/SM tips). Price+shipping has kept me away so far. If anyone has S or SS size over to offer in EU will gladly grab it for reasonable price.

Jan 19, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #2,241 of 6,129
Those are one of few tips I still don`t have in my collection (about 50 different S/SM tips). Price+shipping has kept me away so far. If anyone has S or SS size over to offer in EU will gladly grab it for reasonable price.

Yeah, they are overpriced IMO. That’s why I only have a few pair. and I save them for rare special case fitment problems, like the BL03 or EP10.

For 95% of my other earphones, I can use cheap and plentiful Starlines, Flip Tips, Auvios, Whirlwinds, etc.

Jan 19, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #2,242 of 6,129
I tried the AZLA tips. Not worth it, sounds shouty with messed up imaging. It's probably due to the outlet bore size, it's huge. Ideal bore size is 4-4.5, around Symbio W, but AZLA is huge. If I go larger bore, imaging gets messed up. I don't see myself using these at all, and it's expensive! I got ML and it was more like L.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #2,243 of 6,129
Is it normal that my Blons get warm? Not hot, but yeah, I can feel the warmth by touching the metal shell. FYI I've been listening to them 4h straight, low volume

Jan 19, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #2,246 of 6,129
I'm afraid thats not it, because I just returned from the store (0°C outside), and they were still a bit warm.. I let them cool down and turned them on again outside of my ears, and they warmed up.. not strongly I would guess ≈36-39°C, but since my body is ≈37° I can feel it. And it's pretty cold in my house, so when I just pick them up in the morning they are cold (since they're metal).
I really hope I'm just paranoid and everything is fine))

Jan 19, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #2,247 of 6,129
I'm afraid thats not it, because I just returned from the store (0°C outside), and they were still a bit warm.. I let them cool down and turned them on again outside of my ears, and they warmed up.. not strongly I would guess ≈36-39°C, but since my body is ≈37° I can feel it. And it's pretty cold in my house, so when I just pick them up in the morning they are cold (since they're metal).

It’s literally an empty metal shell with a small speaker driver and 2 wires inside. No battery, no electronics, no moving parts, etc. It’s just your body heat transferring heat to the earphone. The outside temperature doesn’t matter - the human body is always ~98F.

Jan 19, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #2,248 of 6,129
Well I’m getting electric shocks out of my right earpiece so who knows..

Jan 19, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #2,249 of 6,129
Well I’m getting electric shocks out of my right earpiece so who knows..

That’s not all that uncommon. It’s caused by the manufacturer grounding the female socket (mmcx, 2-pin, etc) to the metal body of the earphone (as opposed to isolating the socket).

Im not saying it’s desirable or a good design choice or getting static shocks is fun, only that it’s a reality with some earphones.

5EC187E4-CB18-4C99-A565-6896BA1C5171.gif

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #2,250 of 6,129
That’s not all that uncommon. It’s caused by the manufacturer grounding the female socket (mmcx, 2-pin, etc) to the metal body of the earphone (as opposed to isolating the socket).

Im not saying it’s desirable or a good design choice or getting static shocks is fun, only that it’s a reality with some earphones.

Really? It makes them unusable though. Are there any solutions? Seems like a bad design choice but I guess if problems like mine are rare then it’s acceptable. I just hope mine get replaced, otherwise they’re just trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back