Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Jan 5, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #2,131 of 6,129
Ok, since you like foams. Did you try the blue foams with the T2?

Yeah to be honest they are crap and doesn't fit to my ears well but sound change with a little EQing to bass region you can feel

Jan 5, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #2,132 of 6,129
What about sound quality with starline or foam tips compare to spinfit?

Try taking the tips of your MH750 and using them. I use MH755 tips on mine, and I've bought several pairs of MH750 specifically for the tips.

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:04 PM Post #2,134 of 6,129
Got the Hifiman HE4xx today and that was reason for a listening session.
IMG_20200106_004205.jpg

Tried the HE4xx first for a couple of hours to get to know her a little (gamed and played some music).

I like the cans for their soundstage and placement in it, I own no iem that can do that the way the HE4xx can monolith m300 comes close tho.

Tried the hd599 next and it was a bit boring to me, less slamming bass and overall just not my headphone yes it is more precise but who cares of you don't like the sound signature.

Tried my old trust worthy Phillips Fidellio x1 next, the worst beat up and dirty pair of headphones I own. I'll spare you the sight of those it's bad!!!
They come close to the HE4xx. But they are darker sounding with less precision and a worse soundstage and preciesion (sounds bad but I love em)

Went outside for a smoke and took the bl-03 with me and don't want to switch back to anny other iem or can I own.
IMG_20200106_025942.jpg

These stupid iem's are for me, warm bass heavy and render a piano to my liking. Ok to get them sounding for me they are not 23 euro mine cost 123 euro Cema rx cable 36, Ibassio dc01 63 and spinfit 6 euro. But still it is insean how much they do for me. They are not the most clear or detailed they don't have a great soundstage nor the best details but they sound great.

What is it tho them that you love/like about them.

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:30 PM Post #2,135 of 6,129
1.jpg 2.jpg

I now own 2 of the venerable IEMs in existence (looking forward to KZ ZSX). And so far they have their own strengths to showcase.

For Blon BL-03, I get superb seal using the KZ Starline Tips though the sound they make is mediocre. For me using the TRN's generic foam tips (the blue one from the image) drastically improved the Bass. It makes the sound near neutral and something you can really hear on your first try - really recommended.:ksc75smile:

I cannot say for sure if the NiceHCK C16-3 tamed the sound further as I did not bother to use the Blon's stock cable, it's too flimsy and I'm not used to wearing those after getting spoiled by those cables hehe.

Also, my not so audiophile ears cannot discern yet the difference if cables really do have an effect to the audio quality - aside from the aesthetics.

Anyway, before the foam tips gets worn out, to those who uses the Spiral Dot tips, do they give a nice good seal like the KZ Starline without messing up the sound? I mean do the Spiral Dots have the same SQ that the foam tips provides without the short lifespan inherent from the latter?

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #2,136 of 6,129

I now own 2 of the venerable IEMs in existence (looking forward to KZ ZSX). And so far they have their own strengths to showcase.

For Blon BL-03, I get superb seal using the KZ Starline Tips though the sound they make is mediocre. For me using the TRN's generic foam tips (the blue one from the image) drastically improved the Bass. It makes the sound near neutral and something you can really hear on your first try - really recommended.:ksc75smile:

I cannot say for sure if the NiceHCK C16-3 tamed the sound further as I did not bother to use the Blon's stock cable, it's too flimsy and I'm not used to wearing those after getting spoiled by those cables hehe.

I know your feeling, get the spin fit tips, they seal like a champ and are like the starline with some more bass. They are so soft they seal in a second. But milige may vary of course.
Also, my not so audiophile ears cannot discern yet the difference if cables really do have an effect to the audio quality - aside from the aesthetics.

Anyway, before the foam tips gets worn out, to those who uses the Spiral Dot tips, do they give a nice good seal like the KZ Starline without messing up the sound? I mean do the Spiral Dots have the same SQ that the foam tips provides without the short lifespan inherent from the latter?

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom.

I know your feeling, get the spin fit tips, they seal like a champ and are like the starline with some more bass. They are so soft they seal in a second. But milige may vary of course.

Used trn and kz foam before and the spin fit seal better more easily and add some oempff/bass.

Also own the the trn V90 but they are not my preference iem (nice tho). The tin audio t2 are better in most ways when matched with foam.

But I'll prefer the blon bl-03 to most anyway.

P.s. the bl-03 sounds more natural with foam, with the spin fit they get more bass heavy, I like that but might not be your taste.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #2,137 of 6,129

Used trn and kz foam before and the spin fit seal better more easily and add some oempff/bass.

Also own the the trn V90 but they are not my preference iem (nice tho). The tin audio t2 are better in most ways when matched with foam.

But I'll prefer the blon bl-03 to most anyway.

P.s. the bl-03 sounds more natural with foam, with the spin fit they get more bass heavy, I like that but might not be your taste.

Thanks for your suggestion :)

When I was younger, I'm really a bass head, but since I'm already at level 30, my preference changed and I now prefer neutral SQ. But I will try to check reviews of Spiral Dots vs Spinfit and see where my money should go, KZs own foam tips are much durable compared to the TRN ones and maybe I can get more mileage out of it from daily use.

P.S. I really can't believe the sound this iem can produce relative to its price. I was contemplating whether to buy the Sound Magic E11C or this one, but settled for the latter as the cable replacement is easy.

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. :)

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #2,138 of 6,129
IIRC I think Spiral Dots are a bit on the short side for the BL03 to fit well for my ears. I finally got around to trying the Azla Sedna Light tips that so many have praised, and indeed: they are quite good, if you want a wide-bore tip for a brighter signature.

They fit very well, not loose, and are reasonably comfortable, although the material is stiffer than other premium-priced silicone tips like Spiral Dots, Spinfits, and Final E.

The go well with dark-of-neutral IEMs like the BL03 and the Advanced GT3 Superbass.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #2,139 of 6,129
IIRC I think Spiral Dots are a bit on the short side for the BL03 to fit well for my ears. I finally got around to trying the Azla Sedna Light tips that so many have praised, and indeed: they are quite good, if you want a wide-bore tip for a brighter signature.

They fit very well, not loose, and are reasonably comfortable, although the material is stiffer than other premium-priced silicone tips like Spiral Dots, Spinfits, and Final E.

The go well with dark-of-neutral IEMs like the BL03 and the Advanced GT3 Superbass.

Thanks, I've added that to my research :).

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #2,140 of 6,129
I must be in the minority. I've tried multiple different tips with my BL-03's, blue foams from T2's, Comply's. SpinFit CP240 L and others. But I like the tip that came with them the most.

Jan 6, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #2,141 of 6,129
My Blon review :D

Could you please tell me what brand tips those are? I’ve never tried triple flange before, but I think it’s time to give them a go with my blon’s :) cheers

Jan 6, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #2,142 of 6,129
Thanks for your suggestion :)

When I was younger, I'm really a bass head, but since I'm already at level 30, my preference changed and I now prefer neutral SQ. But I will try to check reviews of Spiral Dots vs Spinfit and see where my money should go, KZs own foam tips are much durable compared to the TRN ones and maybe I can get more mileage out of it from daily use.

P.S. I really can't believe the sound this iem can produce relative to its price. I was contemplating whether to buy the Sound Magic E11C or this one, but settled for the latter as the cable replacement is easy.

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. :)

If a bit more neutral is your thing you should try the tin audio T2 with foam tips. Sq is better than the blon, detail and seperation is better on them.
At the moment they are 27 dollar on sale on AliExpress

But I find them dull and boring sounding compaired to the blon driven on a Fiio m5, driven on a balanced cable using the dc01 piggy tail dac/amp they become amazing tho. Even better than the bl-03 in terms of sq.

But I just like the bass overkill on my current bl-03 set most.
15783130568838267903822074632657.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #2,143 of 6,129
Symbio Wa by MandarinES are fantastic eartips for Blon Bl-03. Excellent fit, isolation and SQ. I like them with the original eartips , but this combination is the next level...

DF26CAA7-9ABC-468A-B609-6625ACD2D477.jpeg

Jan 6, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #2,144 of 6,129
And again today got of work and the blon got some work cut out for them.

Own more expensive iem's like oh1 and ie80s and full size x2hr, hd599 and HE4xx but the blon's they are used the most.....

They are just right! Would buy em for 150 easly if I had too.

They have beats/Bose like low end but just a little more refined in the the other ends compaired to beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back