BLON BL-30 Review, impressions and discussion thread
Jan 16, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #181 of 295
Do you want these pads?

Kind of you to offer, but no thanks. They look nice and fuzzy, but shallow. Even my current pads are too shallow for this headphone and give me that ear-next-to-a-speaker feeling, so I need to go deeper and angled bevelled (but still a little fuzzy). Tracking reports that they have made it to this continent.

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:07 PM Post #184 of 295
Anybody heard anything about Blon sending out revised headbands?
I talked to a guy on a Facebook group the other day and he said he got an email from Linsoul saying is going to be sending out revised headbands to BL30 owners.
I'm gonna contact the store i bought mine from (whose name cannot be mentioned here) and see if they know anything about that.

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #185 of 295
Anybody heard anything about Blon sending out revised headbands?

From Linsoul via their Discord (with prior permission):
16 Jan 2021
BLON has taken a tutorial video. However, the quality of the video is poor.
Hence, we have requested them to retake another.
Once they have done so, I'll inform you and the others again.
Thank you for your patience.
18 Jan 2021
You may send an e-mail to support@linsoul.com with your order number.
Once the tutorial video and spare parts to fix the headband issue are ready, we will get back to you via that e-mail.
Today (19 Jan 2021):
According to BLON BL-30, their latest revised version should be fine. ...
BLON is currently taking a tutorial video, which we will be sending out to our customers, along with the "spare parts" to fix the "issue" customers with the bad fit are facing.

While it's tempting to suggest in jest that the part is a longer strip of metal and the instructions are, "Bend this around your big fat head", I have a sneaking suspicion that it might be a bit close to the truth.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #187 of 295
The NULLKEAI Replacement Thicken Earpads For Monolith M1060 Headphones Earmuff Cover Cushion Cups Bevel face Thicken velvet along with the "dust cover(gift)" arrived - twelve days after leaving the warehouse and seven days after leaving China.
The pads are exactly as pictured and described, quality is good based on the fitting of two pads and quick inspection of the other four.The fit on the 110 mm rings is perfect and easy as the lip on the pads has a slight stiffness at the edge. The foam feels just right - soft enough to mould while firm enough to maintain shape. Best of all, the "velvet" is extremely soft. For US$8.72 + tax + shipping - discount = $8.35 per pair, these seem ridiculously good value.

PXL_20210121_231505478.jpg
Note that the Brainwavz XL pads pads are both larger than the 110 mm mounting ring and stretched from being mounted on my Modern Retro.
PXL_20210121_231621637.jpgPXL_20210121_231804964.jpgPXL_20210121_231907793.jpgPXL_20210121_232228235.jpgPXL_20210121_233020741.jpgPXL_20210121_233126972.jpgPXL_20210121_233106335.jpg
The intense artificial lighting makes them look grey, but they are black.

Now it's time for some listening.

I expect I'll be offering pairs of these to two of us for the price of a USPS shipping label.

While I still expect to send off the other two pairs, I plan to spend some hours wearing them first so I can get and give a fair impression of the comfort and listening experience and of course reserve the option to keep one of both for one or two other headphones which these will fit.

Jan 21, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #188 of 295
That’s great news about the headband. Replacement was designed and offered freely and quickly. That’s top stuff. Still pretty odd though that the original design made it to production. My head hurts just thinking about wearing them. Had put off listening until new headband replacement which I wasnt even really expecting to happen at all.

Edit: @AJZ0 those earpads look good. That shaggy velour / leather hybrid looks very comfy.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #189 of 295
I sent Linsoul support a request for the new headband with my order #. They asked if could I provide a pic of myself wearing the headphones. I replied no but thanks for responding.

So, no apology or recognition of mistake. And, no assurance of replacement. Linsoul support only asked about a selfie in response. I’m guessing they’ve still not tried their own wares and do not understand the issue, or they are being deliberately difficult.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #190 of 295
Messaged the [store whose name should not be mentioned] about the new headbands, they didn't acknowledge having them directly, but they asked if i had any issues with the original one, i said the usual, not enough clamping force, they cups don't seal, et cetera, now i'm awaiting their answer.
Also my cheap sheepskin earpads are supposed to arrive this afternoon, i'll talk about them if they do.

Jan 22, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #191 of 295
Welp, officially joining in on the fun with y'all, though Drop is stating these won't be shipping until March 15th = (. Already ordered the ZMF Perforated Suedes as well as the Dekoni Nuggets as @Ode2Viceroy has done to his. It'll be interesting to see what improvements Drop makes to their cans as far as the headband and cup fitment are concerned. Want to be able to hit the ground running with the mods as soon as these arrive so having the pads and nugz already on hand will be nice.

Looks like step 1 will be the hole plug removal. Curious to see what you all do in the next couple months to dial these in. I'll be powering these with a balanced Jotenheim using a Periapt XLR to 3.5 cable. Looking forward to it.

Jan 22, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #192 of 295
Edit: Above pic is showing driver vent plug removed thus reducing damping on the driver: slightly increasing bass quantity (more midbass so less linear which is bad) but in exchange making bass sound faster. And importantly brings up 1-2kHz range. These results are with my destroyed pads. Will see whats changed in a few days when stock pads arrive.

I'm curious about this mod, is it reversible?
I'm curious to try it out on mine.

Jan 22, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #193 of 295
I'm curious about this mod, is it reversible?
I'm curious to try it out on mine.

Should be easily reversible, though Ive not actually tried. But incase of failure, covering the hole with something else should have the same effect. So, like some tape for example.

I’ve hardly listened to these headphones, so cannot offer much impressions. I got some other new headphones around same time so I dont mind putting them on the back burner for awhile.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #194 of 295
Should be easily reversible, though Ive not actually tried.

I’ve hardly listened to these headphones, so cannot offer much impressions. I got some other new headphones around same time so I dont mind putting them on the back burner for awhile.
Sure thing, i'll try it out on mine when my earpads arrive, so i'll do it all at once, also check out if its reversible.

Jan 23, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #195 of 295
Linsoul’s follow-up:

Thank you for your reply,

we are so sorry for this, we need this picture to update to BLON so that they will process the headband replcement.

Please help to understand.

Best Regards,
Linsoul Audio
Customer Service Team

—————————

Summary of my reply: “not interested but thank you.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back