Bliss and happiness on the cheap
Oct 24, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #16 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Warm cat and cold beer.

What kind of beer pairs well with cat? I'd imagine a good IPA might enhance the taste, but I'm sure it would depend a great deal on what kind of cat one has in mind.

Oct 24, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #19 of 39
I have a couple of cheap indulgences:

Free: Walking with my wife and kids (in their huge stroller) at dusk during the winter. That crisper air and quiet atmosphere is heavenly.

Cost of gas: Driving in the rain. I do not know why, but it is very relaxing. Obviously here I do not get to do that as much as I like.

$3.50: When the kids are asleep, my wife and I love to get a bottle of Cranapple Martinelli's and drink out of wine glasses. Neither of us drink alcohol, but Martinelli's just does "it" for us. Very relaxing.

Oct 24, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #20 of 39
The sunny outdoors.
If that is not available a cold beer is a nice substitute. Although not free or cheap...

Oct 24, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I heard about those ridiculous alcohol prices in Norway. What does a 24 x 0,33l crate cost you?

The cheapest 0.33l bottle (Tuborg) cost USD 2 (around). So 24 of those would be about USD 50. Canned beer are even more expensive, at USD 4-5 for a 0.5l. In stores that is.
Most pubs/restaurants charge USD 10-12 for a 0.4l beer..
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 24, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of beer pairs well with cat? I'd imagine a good IPA might enhance the taste, but I'm sure it would depend a great deal on what kind of cat one has in mind.

cat is gamier than youd expect. id go the opposite route, and use a nice thick chocolate stout

Oct 24, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #28 of 39
I haven't been a college student for a year and a half now, but still have a harder time thinking of better bang-for-buck happiness than drinking games with awesome people and cheap beer.

Oct 25, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #29 of 39
^that is actually what I was going to say. A good game of battleship or baseball can last hours for $5/person.

Oct 25, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #30 of 39
I'm such a nerd... sitting around screwing around with my friends in a good table top RPG is the best

Users who are viewing this thread

Back