blacklisting Sony retailers#
Oct 4, 2010 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kiteki

aka Theta Alpha 1
aka Alpha Zeta 5
aka Alpha Zeta 6
aka Nanocat Systems
And many other aliases

I find this too amusing and tragic at the same time to ignore.

Example 1

Example 2

Here we have a market saturated with sony fakes with a manufacturing cost of less than 50 cents, versus the official retailer with an asking price of seven hundred dollars.
Previously I've only seen the fake MDR-EX700's at a more business-like and deceptive price of at least $100 (note the profit margin, two-hundred fold!) and now some rather daft sellers on ebay are offering them for the much more honest price of $1 (I'm not sure what they are thinking, they may as well just say this is a POS and you have to pay for shipping), I am glad however they've provided proof about the profit margins these chinese scammers are raking home, and that a 99.8% feedback and purple star on ebay is like a horse selling vitamins in a bakery.

Next up we have the official sony store selling them for $700, yes, they are so ####### lazy with the RRP that they just use the model nr.

So like, where does this leave us?  I'd say the chinese and sony are ripping-off consumers hook, line and sinker.

I like sony, but given the ridiculous pricing and fakes on the market in 2010, where does this leave us?

There is no excuse for selling fakes, and there is no shame in getting ripped off.

If you get ripped-off or find a retailer trying to rip people off, blacklist them here, or if you find a retailer with a good price and it's legit, you can list that too =)

Oct 4, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 4
blacklist #1

headphones-china.com | sony qualia MDR-EXQ1
___

verified fake, was a huge waste of time, pretty sure everything else there is fake too, except for perhaps small chinese brands like yuin and soundmagic, but fiio is most likely all fake.  The site is worth a browse, so you realise just how many fake earphones there are.

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 4
Whenever you see these fakes on eBay, why don't you report them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back