Bitten By Ety Bug???
Sep 7, 2006 at 12:41 PM Post #76 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuarreg
Etys are perfect?

Ok, consider this. In the world of technology, products either progress or they fall behind. Nothing stays the same. As great as the Etys are, they will not be around in one, two or five years from now if they can't improve on their products. Sorry, it's a fact of product life. Meanwhile, enjoy 'em!!!

Tuarreg
k1000smile.gif

Ok, consider this. In the world of technology, products are either good or not. That will allways be the same. Because the Etys are great, they will be around in one, two or five years from now because they don't need to improve on their products. Sorry, it's a fact of product life. Meanwhile, enjoy 'em!!!

Sep 7, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #77 of 82
Yes, I am using the triple flange silicones.

Redshifter...thanks, looks great but I got rid of my Shure flex sleeves when I sold my E4's (DOH!)

Yea, I'm kind of having a hard time with my left ear and the seal (I think). Seems a little unbalanced...a little more sound coming out of the right channel it seems. I suspect that 9 times out of 10 this IS NOT a quality issue but more of a fit issue. Perhaps my left ear canal is shaped a little differently. It's not my ear because it doesn't happen with other earphones.

I did a bunch of searches on ER4 fit and I guess I need to try to insert them upwards and then in versus straight in. I'm hoping that does the trick. It seemed to have solved most people's issue. I will report back. Thanks.

Sep 7, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #78 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilelfboi
Hi all,

I was wondering whether the er-4p without the p-s cable would be alright for use with an amp, specifically the pa2v2 out of a sik ram din for portable use. I'm not quite sure I want to spend another 50 bucks on the p-s cable until Justin releases the new AE-1 refresh :p Does anyone have some experience with this issue? Thanks

-elf

dunno about PA2, but ER-4p are too sensitive/efficient to use straight out of low-gain LDM+ without additional resistor (i.e. volume control is too low and i get right/left imbalance). Reasonably priced resistors are from ultimate ears and Dr. Meier (sponsor link above)

Sep 7, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #79 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro

Yea, I'm kind of having a hard time with my left ear and the seal (I think). Seems a little unbalanced...a little more sound coming out of the right channel it seems. I suspect that 9 times out of 10 this IS NOT a quality issue but more of a fit issue. Perhaps my left ear canal is shaped a little differently. It's not my ear because it doesn't happen with other earphones.

I did a bunch of searches on ER4 fit and I guess I need to try to insert them upwards and then in versus straight in. I'm hoping that does the trick. It seemed to have solved most people's issue. I will report back. Thanks.

I had a fit issue with one of my ears as well. I ended up shifting the Ety in all directions. It ended up going in a little deeper when I tried going downwards. Just be really careful!

Sep 8, 2006 at 1:38 PM Post #80 of 82
Congratulations. Welcome to the fold.

Edit: Head-Fi messed up the post order again.

Sep 8, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #81 of 82
Pardon my exuberance but HOLY CRAP!! I cannot believe how a slight insertion change has changed the way these new version ER4P's sound. I have found the sweet spot. In addition to being perfectly balanced now, three other things have happened.

1) The highs are silkier and smoother but just as detailed.
2) A decent midrange has come out.
3) ...and most surprisingly, a little warmer and fuller sound with more bass. (a great E4 sounding trait)

Consider me now an Ety convert. I really think this sound change will make the E4's a distant memory.

I was so amazed I went back to the ER-4P manual and am somewhat shocked that the illustration shows the insertion going straight in...just the way I was doing it. Definitely thinner sounding and possibly unbalanced depending on your ear type. Etymotic is doing a disservice to potential buyers by not correcting or at least providing the other fit instructions of inserting them upwards into your ears. Unless you are a Head-Fi'er, I would imagine the majority of people would not think to try that because it just doesn't seem like the logical pathway to the eardrum. These things are awesome!!! Thanks to all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back