Bit disappointed with Hifi-man HE-4xx on drop
Oct 4, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #76 of 90
I've never seen someone carry an entire thread by themselves for multiple pages :beerchug::L3000::ksc75smile::ksc75smile: You do make some good points though. :)
Yeah could have been some good Bayerisches Bier there.

Oct 4, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #77 of 90
Weltenburger Kloster Kellerbier, goes well with listening to Tidal late at night. :wink:

Oct 4, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #78 of 90
Well modi and magni stack comes to 6000 nok or around 545 USD or real pesos after shipping and 25% VAT. So Schiit have other prices for us living in EU etc. 25% VAT doesn't help, neither does piss-weak norwegian kroner and strong dollar. Should have gone with FiiO K7 but was unsure of quality. Could have saved several hundred dollars.

Oct 4, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #79 of 90
Lots of 2nd hand Schiit products available 2nd hand here in Norway, on finn.no, so not unknown. Was a bit suprised by that.

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #80 of 90
Well Schiit stack on the way (modi + magni), for a lot more than the FiiO Q7. But got the best reviews. Schiit NL (netherlands distributor) screwed up the shipment, so had some back-and-forth on email, until they found order and are sending. I'm sure the FiiO q7 would have been good as well. But wanted the best. Next on the list is a pair of Sennheiser hd600's, although a lot of cans already. As my AKGk612's have a broken plug. Stupid, this thing with non-replaceable cables. All expensive cans should have them. DT-770's are also non-replaceable. Hopeless.

Oct 14, 2023 at 8:18 AM Post #81 of 90
My HiFiman HE-4XX also work well with my ultra inexpensive ($99) Xduoo MT-602 hybrid tube amp.

Oct 15, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #82 of 90
My HiFiman HE-4XX also work well with my ultra inexpensive ($99) Xduoo MT-602 hybrid tube amp.
Well will check them out! But already ordered the Schiit stack Magni+ and Modi+ from the Netherlands, so will se how that goes. But yeah a hybrid tube/solid state amp would have been cool too! Play guitar so big on tubes! Not so sure how well that works with headphones. Hope that works out for you, will check it out!

Oct 15, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #84 of 90
Well they're on the way, have to hope so anyway.

Oct 15, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #85 of 90
Think the products will be good in any case, no doubt about that. Some problems with delivery, but normal problems. Not going to stress it in any case.

Oct 19, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #86 of 90
Finally arrived, magni and modi stack from NL, plugged straight away into Hifi Man HE-4xx. Well good but not blown away. Cans are probably not good enough (still cost me 300 usd!). The stack was really expensive, with VAT on import coming to 5800 nok or 524 usd at today's rates. Still need to have them on the high-gain settings to drive the hi-fi mans. But get marginally better bass than portable FiiO q1's. Can't say I'm blown away. Can't use akg k612's with bent plug as can't fit 1/8 to 1/4 adapter on there. Bought stack mostly to drive hi-fi mans though. Well at least they look cute on the desk. Very hifi. Maybe would have been better off with Fiio Q7's. Too late now. Good 2nd hand market here though if I change my mind. I just wish the prices here in Europe were a bit closer to US prices. Bit of a rip-off.

Oct 19, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #87 of 90
Wondering if these will even be able to drive a pair of Sennheiser hd600's, which is next purchase. Bit sceptical. Anyone with same combo, chime out!

Oct 19, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #88 of 90
Finally arrived, magni and modi stack from NL, plugged straight away into Hifi Man HE-4xx. Well good but not blown away.
When you don't like the headphones, it's best to change them, throwing your money away at new dacs and amps rarely fixes anything.

Wondering if these will even be able to drive a pair of Sennheiser hd600
Easily! Despite the high impedance, HD600 are not that hard to drive in reality, any dedicated amp will be powerful enough.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #89 of 90
Hope so! Not really that impressed with HE-4xx's so far, sound good and comfy, but not mind-blowing. No better than my akg k612s. So have high hopes for hd600. Had higher hopes for planar magnetic to be honest. Oh well. Maybe my ears need a cleaning! At least got rid of tinnitus last couple of years, was temporary. Had a proper cleaning at doctor's office. Not fun! Glad it wasn't permanent though.

Oct 19, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #90 of 90
Well pulled the trigger on hd600's, had 650 was available but had some mentions from forum peps that hd600 were better. So going with oldies but goodies. Most expensive headphones I've ever purchased at 3890 nok or 350 USD..bit more than my hi-fi mans. Hope they work out with Schiit modi and magni stack. Open cans akg k612's have bent plug so bit risky every time I plug them in it will break. The AKG's are still my favorite cans so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back