Bilavideo Cups thread locked?
Aug 24, 2011 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

WobblyGoblin

100+ Head-Fier
Really? This isn't fair. The guy has basically defrauded people and we're trying to get it sorted out but the thread gets locked with no explanation? 

And before this thread gets locked, it's not intended as a continuation of the other thread, more a request for an explanation.

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 43
I have no idea but if I were a bettin man I'd say its because the thread was going off the rails by talking about ways to retaliate in real life outside of the boards against him by calling his job, parents etc etc...

Aug 24, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 43
His parents had already been contacted long ago, and given ethics are an important part of his job, surely it's fair to inform the relevant authorities given he's educating peoples' children? Oh, also, none of that is against the TOS that I could see.

Aug 24, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #4 of 43
Although I never did any business with Bill, I've followed this mess from the beginning... IMO Bill has just won the battle, although some of the comments and suggestions in the locked thread were a bit out of line, this forum is now essentially "protecting" him from harassment.  So its fair to screw people for money and headphones, just dont say ANYTHING bad about a site sponsor.  /frustrated!

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 43
I haven't noticed anything, and comments have been deleted since it has been locked.

Really, I sincerely would have hoped that head-fi would be enabling its users to get their goods/money back instead of making it difficult to respond to dishonest members of the trade. This is the only way dishonest members of the trade will get pushed out of the industry.

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 43

Quote:
And Bill's NOT banned? Maybe the thread will be reopened.

I would think they cleaning it up and the reason Bill has not been banned is because he would not be able to respond so they trying to help the parties that he has money on. Bill really screwed up and its a sad situation

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #9 of 43
I'm sad that the thread was locked.  I feel that the thread was good at alerting people to BilaVideo - though, I'm also assuming that his "dealings" have pretty much come to a halt as far as any new business is concerned - and, as well as his work towards satisfying those that were still owed their headphones, cables, money or even wooden cups.  I do feel bad for those who are owed $200 headphones - such a scam.

Since my issue with Bill was resolved - only $10.00, but at that time, I promised to stop communicating in that thread because the moderators had posted a general message to the users who were not involved in an issue to refrain from posting.  So, once my issue was resolved, there was no need to for me to apply anymore posts.  However, I will say that I am a bit disappointed in how this all has worked out from the standpoint of this site, the moderators, etc.  I feel that it's very unfortunate that so many people had to go after Bill on their own to get some or partial resolutions.   I wish more pressure had been applied from the moderators and operators of this site.  When issues like this occur, it weakens the trust of the members.  This hurts those of us who want to conduct legitimate transactions, but buyers are skittish because of Bill.

Aug 25, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #10 of 43
Wow I'm surprised that thread got locked with no explanation. I kept checking back on it hoping things would get resolved because Bill owed me something too, but it was something small so I'm not going after him for it. I also know what it feels like when he keeps on telling you something along the lines of "I've shipped it already" or "I should have it shipped tomorrow" and then never finding anything in the mail. These issues should really be resolved. If he had owed me something more expensive, I would be very angry right now.

Aug 31, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #12 of 43
As the thread starter for the last thread, and began the movement for recourse.

I'd like to say that I did not receive a PM or any form of explanation as to why my thread was locked.

Its intentions were to help people gather to seek recourse as a group, OR for Bill to come forth to clear his name.

Fortunately for me, my money was recovered. For the many others, fight the good fight
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #13 of 43
I'm really expecting to read some kind of explanation for the thread being locked. I'm sitting down and not holding my breath though.

Locked threads with no explanation don't help to clear matters.

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #14 of 43

Quote:
I'm really expecting to read some kind of explanation for the thread being locked. I'm sitting down and not holding my breath though.

Locked threads with no explanation don't help to clear matters.

Let go xaval, I think we've been trough enough to learn that the team simply dont care about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back