Bilavideo Cups Pending List
Jul 7, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #376 of 678
Glad to hear you got them, and I hope they all work out for you!
Having made a few pairs of my own, I can confirm that getting those hinge-holes right is about equal parts skill and luck, I don't think I've ever turned out a perfectly even pair, but all of mine fit without issue (except the one's I broke...), because they are on gimbals with 3 degrees of freedom, they are fairly forgiving as far as fit and alignment goes.

Hopefully everything is restored to order, as it can be tough when business and hobby collide.

Quote:
So I got my hand on the cups already, well packed and looks perfect.

only issue I can detect is that if I align the cable hole, then one of the "hinges holes" is lower than the other on one side, and same leve in the other, hopefully it wont be anissue, is a very small differences. also I dont have any driver with inner to meassure the size, this are only outters, i ordered back when i was a newbie and though that driver liberation was complicated.

will post picts later.

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #377 of 678
Credist to Bill, he deserves them.

the cups are a neat job, very solid and good looking, they worth what I pay for them.

a few cons, the cable whole is slightly bigger on one side and the hinge holes in next pict arent exactly at the same level. but those factors are not gonna make a difference at the end.

(soon to be installed)

hope you guys get your stuff soon and in the same way I did with mine. 

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #378 of 678
This is indeed good news! Looking forward for the next run of pics
regular_smile%20.gif

Jul 7, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #379 of 678
Still no package or update on the tracking number he gave me ages ago, or any of the other tracking numbers I found earlier for that matter, and he specifically said he was reusing them for shipping before going off to some wedding almost half a week ago. I demanded a refund if he didn't take action within a week and that time is quickly approaching with no contact from bilavideo as per usual.

Jul 7, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #382 of 678
Its a fine line between the press fit and cracking the cups, especially with a lip that thin. That's why I made my cups, which are similar in construction, with thicker walls and lessened the press fit between the cup and driver with some sanding. It makes it so the driver isn't stuck in forever and lessens the chance of cracking a cup during installation or removal of the driver. I didn't find removing the inner lip necessary. It provides some extra press fit friction, not a bad thing in moderation (and if your careful).

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #383 of 678
I think that extra "inner" lip would make your headphone mods perform more like a liberated driver cup.  However, I didn't notice much difference between the liberated and non-liberated versions.  Then again, maybe my ears are just getting old and can't tell the difference at this point.  Jorge, I'm happy you have received your cups, though.

Jul 8, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #384 of 678
I think that extra "inner" lip would make your headphone mods perform more like a liberated driver cup.  However, I didn't notice much difference between the liberated and non-liberated versions.  Then again, maybe my ears are just getting old and can't tell the difference at this point.  Jorge, I'm happy you have received your cups, though.

They make them flimsy, that's for sure.

It may be slightly closer in sound, but in most acoustic things, the source of the sound/vibration, needs to be pretty rigidly stuck to whatever the resonator may be. Sitting next to the wood is not doing this as well as it would when press fit into the wood after a liberation. But even then, you must have a very tight seal there. The plastic driver itself will always be our problem.

Mods can only take us so far, we need to actually make our own from the ground up if we want the very best.

Jul 8, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #385 of 678
Just wanted to check if anyone has received a shipping update from bilavideo? I haven't heard back since the one day he came back!!

Jul 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #386 of 678
He told me he was going to reuse the traking numbers he bought on the 13th of June. Here is the contents of our last few pms not including the ones where I ask for updates and refunds.

Quote:
BossBorot, I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I hurt my back pretty badly and have been out for three weeks.  Where do you want the shells?  I'll have them out to whatever address you like.

Bill

Quote:
Are they done or have you still not made them? If you cannot ship within a week I would like a refund

Quote:
They ship today.  I don't need a week.

Bill

Quote:
I have to go to a wedding reception in Orlando.  I'll be gone several hours.  When I come back, I'll go to my post office and send the package off.

The tracking number will be the same tracking number I gave you. I paid for the postage first, but my wife threw it in the garbage.  I had to go through the can with gloves to find about $80 worth of postage thrown out.  I was going to get this train moving when the back issues flared up.

I'll post an update when I get back.

Bill

Several hours has been a week now.

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #388 of 678

Quote:
I demanded a refund if he didn't take action within a week and that time is quickly approaching with no contact from bilavideo as per usual.

[Public Service Message]

Time to queue up that "Request for Funds" via PayPal.  Ding-Dong, the clock has struck twelve, and you don't want to turn into a pumpkin.

[/Public Service Message]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back